Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Jun 2012, 17:46 (Ref:3083867)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
New chassis ideas. 2013 Garage 56. GreenGT.

I mean ..... 1st of April or what ?

WTF is this ..... looks like a Cadillac on steroids and a Pikes Peak rear wing , with tall ships mixed in for effect !!!

I'll be watchin the curling championships .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio..._GreenGT01.jpg
Old 2 Jun 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3083868)   #2
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is that on the top, a turbine engine!
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3083887)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Is this the new Leader car in the next Michel Vaillant movie?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:32 (Ref:3083890)   #4
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well well, this ugly sucker gets Garage 56 next year
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100085
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3083892)   #5
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GreenGT to get Garage 56 slot @ 2013 Le Mans

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100085

The Green GT hydrogen fuel-cell car will be in Garage 56 for next year's Le Mans. They note that the GreenGT was the only car to apply for the spot for 2013
Old 2 Jun 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3083893)   #6
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Well if it will suck up all mosquitos around the place, then ok let it come along.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3083911)   #7
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I assume those are tanks along the flanks. What is going in those tanks?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3083913)   #8
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I assume those are tanks along the flanks. What is going in those tanks?
Hydrogen.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3083918)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
surely they are a little early in making their mind up on this
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3083922)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
DW was announced just week from now last year...
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3083923)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes it was but it was very controversial this is less so , perhaps if they had left it a while they would have had more than 1 request
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3083927)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
that does look bad and who would want to be in garage 55 knowing there was that many tanks of hydrogen on the car
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3083928)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
There were several of these alternative thingies slouching around last year during their parade lap. Since then they had a year's time to make their product
viable, or not. Apparently only the GreenGT got their act together, so fair play to them.

(it lacks a fair amount in the good looks department though)
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3083930)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio..._GreenGT01.jpg
Pasted from main sportscar forum a pictureof this car
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3083932)   #15
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Hydrogen.
Looks pretty vulnerable mounted in the flanks like that...no?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3083940)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
It does... that's why I'm hoping they move them somewhere else in the car. Or wrap them in crash structures.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3083943)   #17
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
I assumed that's why they were mounted on top in a previous concept. But even still, the size of the tanks makes me think it'll be harder to secure them as well as they do with current fuel cells.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3083944)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It needs a lot of oxygen !
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3083947)   #19
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It does... that's why I'm hoping they move them somewhere else in the car
Victor , dont you know nothing ? ..... Once the race starts , they will inflate into a goodyear blimp kinda thing and save tyre wear !!!
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3083948)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The rationale is probably to give them as much time as possible to prepare. The certainty of having a spot will help secure backing.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3083952)   #21
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
I assumed that's why they were mounted on top in a previous concept. But even still, the size of the tanks makes me think it'll be harder to secure them as well as they do with current fuel cells.
I do like how they were integrated directly into the car's visual design. And I appreciate they are large out of necessity, so what to do with them?
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3083955)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can I be the first to state that I hate this. If this is the future of Motorsport count me out. Why couldn't they have given this to an LMP Lola with a Judd engine. Oh wait, I'm not the first.

OK then, can I be the first to say that this is doomed. It will be the biggest failure since man first raced. Worse than the delta wing. Blast, too late again. I'm not very cool.

So, let me just say that this has grown on me and I hope it is a success at Le Mans.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3083965)   #23
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Well if it will suck up all mosquitos around the place, then ok let it come along.
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3083968)   #24
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Would be awesome, stupid bugs...
Old 2 Jun 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3083972)   #25
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Hydrogen.
well that was what I was thinking, but then I keep remembering the Hindenburg at Lakehurst film I have seen countless times.....