Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Aug 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3119111)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ambrose wins again...

What a gun - surely there is a V8 Supercar driver out there (Mr Whincup) who should follow Marcos to the US...
Old 13 Aug 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3119133)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
What a gun - surely there is a V8 Supercar driver out there (Mr Whincup) who should follow Marcos to the US...
would be great to see another v8 supercars driver over there,you would imagine they would make a good road ringer
Old 13 Aug 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3119135)   #3
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Reports say it was a great race too........anyone have any details?
Old 13 Aug 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3119136)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
watching it at the moment, but i have seen the last few laps, started the last lap in third, but the track was a bit slippery abd he went pretty much side by side with the leader for most of the last lap
as Harry once said "rubbin, son, is racin"

link to the last few laps
Old 13 Aug 2012, 05:01 (Ref:3119176)   #5
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The guys got some talent and i think he is starting to waste it a little on the "ovals''.
I would be surprised if he hasn't had some door knockers from the road racing scene from both far and wide.
Someone tap Kevin Weeks on the shoulder and tell him to grab MA for a drive in the GT 40 at the Bathurst 12 hour
Old 13 Aug 2012, 05:51 (Ref:3119184)   #6
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
awesome race, I even bothered to wake up early to catch ambrose take it away. actually it's the only round I ever watch Lol! ...and he didn't dissapoint. and their back to Ovals next week zzzzzzz..
Old 13 Aug 2012, 05:53 (Ref:3119186)   #7
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a star Marcus really is-- what a race and and what a finish! Those dinosaurs make great racing!!

It would be great to see some others get out of the comfort zone here and give it a go. Circuit racing ability should be leg up to open a few doors.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 05:55 (Ref:3119187)   #8
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
and i think he is starting to waste it a little on the "ovals''...
Seriously? To go and beat the yanks at their own game is incredible.
That is not an easy series by any stretch of the imagination.

Its really nice that you'd like to see him back home and tooling around but why not just celebrate what he's doing?
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:07 (Ref:3119193)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
just asking why he would race elsewhere? big money in NASCAR that he wont get in any otehr series outside F1
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3119194)   #10
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post

Its really nice that you'd like to see him back home and tooling around but why not just celebrate what he's doing?
Congratulations on reading things in my post that are not actually there ??
He also hasn't actually beaten the yanks at their own game as he is winless on the "ovals" FOR NOW.
I never said that he hasn't achieved as he has been very successful and feel free to show me where i said he should come home ?
I do celebrate the fact that he has achieved in a tough game even to the point of the having his Nascar Fords in my diecast collection which is VERY "red" heavy.
What i was saying is that he is not getting the "oval" results that he has threatened to get and i would like to see him win championships which he could achieve on road courses/flat tracks in a number of high profile championships.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 06:36 (Ref:3119197)   #11
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
just asking why he would race elsewhere? big money in NASCAR that he wont get in any otehr series outside F1
Marcus said that it was the challenge of
getting out of his comfort zone that
took him to Nascar. I don't think that
the money is the issue with him now, but
does he stay in Nascar to try and make
the Chase and possibly win a
championship or is it time for another
challenge.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3119212)   #12
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The guys got some talent and i think he is starting to waste it a little on the "ovals''.
I would be surprised if he hasn't had some door knockers from the road racing scene from both far and wide.
Someone tap Kevin Weeks on the shoulder and tell him to grab MA for a drive in the GT 40 at the Bathurst 12 hour
The chances of Weeks still owning the GT40 by Bathurst sit somewhere between none and buckleys.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3119220)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
The chances of Weeks still owning the GT40 by Bathurst sit somewhere between none and buckleys.
Any more info than that ?
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3119229)   #14
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just spent a bit of time around him at the SMP round of Aus GT. He was less than complimentary about the car even before the drama's of Race 1.... Let alone the DNS on Sunday.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3119230)   #15
osrg
Racer

Another story floating around is that there are negotiations going on for the existing owners in Asia to buy it back..... That was immediately following the SMP GT round... I'd be stunned if he continued on with the GT, it's a bloody animal on its rubber, and a ***** to tune in the dry to try and save the tread.. Weeks mentioned that it's actually quite neutral in the wet, but just impossible to sort in the dry. Seemed at his wits end to be honest....
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:00 (Ref:3119231)   #16
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
That looked like BTCC on 'roids.

Too much contact and exceeding of track limits.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3119252)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
in car view of the finish

how great would it be if V8 supercars provided this sort of footage, multi camera track position and gap to leader all in the same shot
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3119254)   #18
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
That looked like BTCC on 'roids.

Too much contact and exceeding of track limits.
Ambrose found his true calling obviously!
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3119260)   #19
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Race is on 1HD 7.00am Friday in Sydney.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3119261)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
does he stay in Nascar to try and make
the Chase and possibly win a
championship or is it time for another
challenge.
I'd say stay in NASCAR (which he will) & try & win on an oval & make the chase. What roadracing series do you think he should join - DTM perhaps ...
Old 13 Aug 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3119272)   #21
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I'd say stay in NASCAR (which he will) & try & win on an oval & make the chase. What roadracing series do you think he should join - DTM perhaps ...
The DTM series would just be a stepdown...he should go to the F1 if he wants to
Old 13 Aug 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3119275)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
That's right & that's why he will stay in NASCAR, it's the pinnacle in the US...
Old 13 Aug 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3119276)   #23
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post

Marcus is doing a fantastic job over there.He has been very close to winning on ovals-very close.He is on one of the biggest stages of motorsport in the world and has respect there-- need anything else be said?

FWIW-- he has opened the door for other credentialed Australians and New Zealanders to follow .Owen Kelly has the job to qualify Kyle Busch car this coming weekend--may get a race start.Owen is another great driver that has been deprived of career path here and is highly respected -- good luck to both of them next weekend.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3119277)   #24
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
That's right & that's why he will stay in NASCAR, it's the pinnacle in the US...
I think he has said previously that he wants to win on the ovals.
Old 13 Aug 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3119291)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Marcus is doing a fantastic job over there.He has been very close to winning on ovals-very close.He is on one of the biggest stages of motorsport in the world and has respect there-- need anything else be said?

FWIW-- he has opened the door for other credentialed Australians and New Zealanders to follow .Owen Kelly has the job to qualify Kyle Busch car this coming weekend--may get a race start.Owen is another great driver that has been deprived of career path here and is highly respected -- good luck to both of them next weekend.
more info from speedcafe