Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3387737)   #226
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I'm just wondering if the 339Km/h was not a typo and whether the real figure was not 329Km/h. This last number would fit in better with the 328Km/h that was set by both the #20 Porsche and one of the Toyota's.
I think that 339km/h is correct, just because the 919 that achieved it was in draft behind another lmp1. Normally the low drag 919 and ts040 could run around 325km/h, in draft the top speed is much higher. At le mans 2012 the fastest lmp2 hit 320km/h during the race... is the clear that lmp2 normally can't run so fast, and there's only one way to obtain that speed.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3387804)   #227
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few videos, if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmeDXuN-Zlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bBGo2S7BU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRkAz4zucg

The Porsche is much louder than I thought it was going to be. In the first video there's a point where it overtakes a Ferrari and you can hear it very clearly.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3387843)   #228
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks ..... Im really hoping Rebellion hedge their bets at Le Mans and enter one of these Lolas ..... nice sound .
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3387852)   #229
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Thanks ..... Im really hoping Rebellion hedge their bets at Le Mans and enter one of these Lolas ..... nice sound .
Their new car should use the same engine.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3387904)   #230
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Bit of a shameless plug but I've put some of my photo's of the prologue up on my site. You can find them here
Wow, nice pictures!
Shot from spectator places or press accreditation?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3387919)   #231
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Wow, nice pictures!
Shot from spectator places or press accreditation?
Just the from the spectators points.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3387937)   #232
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Just the from the spectators points.
Cool, this summer i'll be close to Paul Ricard because of holiday.
So it looks like I have to keep an eye on some track action in that period
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3387940)   #233
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A few videos, if anyone's interested.
Thanks! Enjoyed these.

I think the R18 is the best looking of the trio. Sorry, but the Toyota and Porsche front fenders/lights look like dogs that chase parked cars. Best feature of all the cars that I like most are the side vanes on the 919. The Audi just looks and sounds like the complete package. The Toyota is the best-sounding of the trio while the Rebellion is the best-sounding of all the cars.

I asked the wife how she liked the Porsche 919 and she asked me which end was the front?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3387943)   #234
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota, well Alex Wurz, said the lights will change again in a few weeks. I assume at Silverstone the final look will be present. Sebastian Buemi also said they didn't show all they had, so 1:42's arent their max.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3387954)   #235
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Sebastian Buemi also said they didn't show all they had, so 1:42's arent their max.
I highly doubt any one did.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3387964)   #236
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Is it me, or did the Audi at about :40-:47 in the first video not lift for Signes at the end of the Mistral Straight?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3387969)   #237
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I highly doubt any one did.
Porsche said they tried qualifying runs. No one else said as much.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3387980)   #238
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Porsche said they tried qualifying runs. No one else said as much.
And that means what exactly? Just because no one else said they did means they didn't? One quote from one driver who says we have more in the tank is the end all be all? Never has anyone fed the media smoke and mirrors, that just wouldn't be proper .

Maybe Porsche did do qauli sim. Maybe by doing it they found a way to improve. I'd argue that if you didn't do a quali sim every time you test you're not doing everything you can to make your car better. Only way to push the limit higher is to find out where the limit is.

I have no understanding why can't people take testing for what it is...testing. We know nothing about the final performance of any car ever. Everyday they developing more knowledge making adjustments to this or that. There's continuous development. What was one thing one day could be another the next.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 19:44 (Ref:3387993)   #239
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
And that means what exactly? Just because no one else said they did means they didn't? One quote from one driver who says we have more in the tank is the end all be all? Never has anyone fed the media smoke and mirrors, that just wouldn't be proper .

Maybe Porsche did do qauli sim. Maybe by doing it they found a way to improve. I'd argue that if you didn't do a quali sim every time you test you're not doing everything you can to make your car better. Only way to push the limit higher is to find out where the limit is.

I have no understanding why can't people take testing for what it is...testing. We know nothing about the final performance of any car ever. Everyday they developing more knowledge making adjustments to this or that. There's continuous development. What was one thing one day could be another the next.
Is it that big of a deal? Toyota and Audi didnt do 1:41's. They are off pace because of it? I dont get your post. I only said what the teams said. I doubt you can tell the order from two days testing. Porsche's fast laps could be from a qualifying simulation. Thats not an indication of anything. Times are nice to look at but meaningless if you dont know what fuel levels or trim the cars are in. Sorry if you think Im reading into them. Im not.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3388202)   #240
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x30F...ure=youtu.be&a
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3388207)   #241
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Blimey blink and you will miss that
Old 3 Apr 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3388263)   #242
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
exactly this! i wish more people would adopt this attitude. i know it's massively difficult not to try and draw conclusions but literally, the only thing you can analyse at testing is by going to a vantage point and having a good old listen and watch to see how drivers are coping with their cars. the technical side of it is going to be a mystery until we get race conditions and serious business things happening.

it's fascinating to see what's going on and what kinds of times are being produced and that, but really beyond that it's just complete guesswork.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3388441)   #243
TF110
Veteran

United States
Added up the total laps from each factory car in this test

#1 Audi- 144 laps #2 Audi- 148 laps; total 292 laps
#14 Porsche- 280 laps #20 Porsche 334 laps; total 614 laps
#7 Toyota- 353 laps #8 Toyota- 314 laps; total 667 laps
Old 3 Apr 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3388442)   #244
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Michelin already did that for us
Quote:
The Porsche 919 Hybrid (finally homologated in the ‘6MJ’ category) completed 614 laps (3,556km), in addition to the 4,756km it covered at the same circuit earlier last week. Audi’s two prototypes totalled 291 laps (1,685km), while the two Toyota TS040 Hybrid spent the most time on the track (667 laps, 3,862km).
source: http://www.lemanslive.com/News/Porsc...inate-WEC-test
Old 3 Apr 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3388447)   #245
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Michelin already did that for us
source: http://www.lemanslive.com/News/Porsc...inate-WEC-test
Didn't see that anywhere!

They were off by one lap for Audi Or maybe it was me. Lots of distance covered.
Old 3 Feb 2015, 22:03 (Ref:3500601)   #246
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite tempted to go to this for 2015. Can anyone give any clues about what to expect pls?

I'd be flying in and possibly flying out the same day..! (due to other commitments)
Old 4 Feb 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3500819)   #247
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to all intents and purposes, for a spectator it's just a well-attended test day.

it was fairly busy last year, the pitlane walkabout was pretty well-visited especially the lmp1 team garages. parking was opposite the pits between the main straight and the airport. it's a good day, and an excellent excuse to go somewhere warmer than here

my tip would be to fly into nice on the last flights in on the night before, and get the first flight out the day after. marseille and toulon don't really have the volume of flight options to cover day trips or specific timetables, especially in winter (i think they'll still be on the winter timetable for this year). lhr has the last flight into nce i think, landing at about 2315.
Old 4 Feb 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3500827)   #248
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
to all intents and purposes, for a spectator it's just a well-attended test day.

it was fairly busy last year, the pitlane walkabout was pretty well-visited especially the lmp1 team garages. parking was opposite the pits between the main straight and the airport. it's a good day, and an excellent excuse to go somewhere warmer than here

my tip would be to fly into nice on the last flights in on the night before, and get the first flight out the day after. marseille and toulon don't really have the volume of flight options to cover day trips or specific timetables, especially in winter (i think they'll still be on the winter timetable for this year). lhr has the last flight into nce i think, landing at about 2315.
Parfait, merci, merci!
Old 5 Feb 2015, 06:57 (Ref:3501191)   #249
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These posts got me going yesterday to do some research, I fancied a Friday night flight down and a late night flight back on Sunday. From Manchester to Marseille as that was the only airport that did shuttle flights to du castellet. Came to £201 pr person, plus £70 pr night hotels...

Think I'll just wait till silverstone.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 11:38 (Ref:3501288)   #250
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Until I got a new job I was going to go to it this year, sadly no can do now.