Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Dec 2014, 00:17 (Ref:3488525)   #26
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The Indy rumors are getting stronger- racer.com are reporting they're open to a 2016 date! Could this be in the press confere
Old 30 Dec 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3488535)   #27
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The Indy rumors are getting stronger- racer.com are reporting they're open to a 2016 date! Could this be in the press confere
Man, I hope not. Of all the tracks I'd like to see a WEC race at, I'd put Indy way down on the list.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3488538)   #28
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Doubtful. It’s way, way, way too early to firm up the 2016 schedule for either the WEC or TUSC and that’s especially true if you’re talking about adding a new event. Of course, having it be known that Indy is interested provides WEC and IMSA with additional leverage in negotiations with other (existing) tracks even if they (eventually) opt not to race at Indy in 2016.

Last edited by TheMightyM; 30 Dec 2014 at 04:42.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 04:28 (Ref:3488541)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Id rather Road America, but dont think itll happen.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 11:14 (Ref:3488560)   #30
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Man, I hope not. Of all the tracks I'd like to see a WEC race at, I'd put Indy way down on the list.
Dito.. Not a very exciting layout and another track where there's already a huge event on the calendar. I think WEC would benefit a lot from racing at more circuits where they can be the main event of the year.
Old 30 Dec 2014, 14:16 (Ref:3488745)   #31
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Another WEC race in NA is good, even if it'll be at Indy's crappy roval course.

Indy Le Mans sounds good!

How about PWC as support act?
Old 30 Dec 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3488830)   #32
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
If it has to be a Grade 1 circuit in North America, I'd put Montreal and (soon, as long as they don't kill it) Mexico City above Indy. But possibly would put Indy ahead of COTA. Personal preference, of course.
Old 31 Dec 2014, 02:55 (Ref:3488861)   #33
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
... met last summer to discuss the possibility of holding a future round at the legendary circuit, and could continue the discussion next month in Detroit.

Doesn't sound like this is the content of the announcement. Or what exactly would they announce, that they're having discussions?
Old 31 Dec 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3488903)   #34
TF110
Veteran

United States
Who knows if they intend to talk about another N.A. round at their press conference. Thats why the rhetorical question.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3490345)   #35
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Is Daytona FIA grade 1 these days?
Old 6 Jan 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3490416)   #36
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Is Daytona FIA grade 1 these days?
I'm sure the oval bit could be considered Grade 1....I think. But as for the infield course, I doubt it. No gravel traps, no FIA curbs, no paved runoff...just grass.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 20:28 (Ref:3490426)   #37
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No.

And they will never, ever return to Sebring.

(btw kudos to Lamborghini for hosting it's world finals this year at Florida!)

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Jan 2015 at 20:35.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3490433)   #38
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
I'm sure the oval bit could be considered Grade 1....I think. But as for the infield course, I doubt it. No gravel traps, no FIA curbs, no paved runoff...just grass.
The oval wouldn't be grade 1 because it has more than 1 banked turn in a row.
Old 6 Jan 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3490451)   #39
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daytona's roval is a very simply looking track, but it's very fast on that banking. Would be very hard on the tires and suspension. It would be more interesting then Indy's roval.
Old 7 Jan 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3490546)   #40
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Daytona is Grade 2, the official list doesn't separate the oval and roval.

http://www.fpak.pt/sites/default/fil...s_fia_2013.pdf
Old 8 Jan 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3490985)   #41
Coach Ep
Veteran

Just a thought: might Ford be 'over-eager' and participate in both WEC and TUSC in 2016 (in GTE)?
Old 8 Jan 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3490999)   #42
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Why would Fehan be involved in a Ford-themed press conference? I still think it's just a PSA - "Hey we have a race in Texas. Go"

Of course France, not wanting to waste the opportunity to build the public image of the Le Mans link and make it so we can't think NA sports cars with out thinking NASCAR, would want to be there.

Also Brown, Sharp and Dempsey - Main Sponsors and entertainment personality.

WEC: We have a race in Texas. Lone State Le Mans. Go to it.
TUSC & friends: We replicate (lol) that race with several North American races. See, Corvette, the main series sponsor, and this guy that you all know even if you don't know cars will all be there. Go to the races.

Last edited by seanyb505; 8 Jan 2015 at 16:37.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3491016)   #43
TF110
Veteran

United States
Dempsey makes for a big name in the series, but he's in the slowest class. "Come watch Patrick Dempsey (at the rear of the field we hardly focus on)!" I hope its more than that, but I sure dont expect anything grand.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3491025)   #44
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Why would Fehan be involved in a Ford-themed press conference?
Maybe because Corvette - in answer to Ford going global - is also!?!?
Old 8 Jan 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3491048)   #45
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
In 2013 at COTA I was fortunate enough to have lunch with Doug Fehan and a few other people. I did ask him if he ever considered adding a full WEC schedule to their program. His straight up answer was, if one of the other American manufacturers did it then Corvette would do it as well. He said that he has been hounding his Ford equivalent for years to come race. Obviously there was no interest in years past, just look at Robertson and how they received zero support from the factory. I wouldn't be surprised now if Ford did announce that they were doing the WEC that Corvette would follow suit.
Old 8 Jan 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3491064)   #46
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
In 2013 at COTA I was fortunate enough to have lunch with Doug Fehan and a few other people. I did ask him if he ever considered adding a full WEC schedule to their program. His straight up answer was, if one of the other American manufacturers did it then Corvette would do it as well. He said that he has been hounding his Ford equivalent for years to come race.
I did a short interview with Scott Atherton during Motorsports on Main 2011 in Greenville. I asked him if he thought there was an American manufacturer that would step up to the plate and complete at the international level? He talked a lot about Ford and their, then new, EcoBoost project. He basically said that it was going to be Ford to do it first. Here's hoping.
Old 9 Jan 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3491161)   #47
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The mid engined Vette is sounding more and more like a reality all of the time. How about that versus the Ford GT at LeMans!?
Old 9 Jan 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3491252)   #48
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
The mid engined Vette is sounding more and more like a reality all of the time. How about that versus the Ford GT at LeMans!?
That, my sir, would be great!
Old 9 Jan 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3491279)   #49
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRuss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
That, my sir, would be great!
Did you see the mid engine corvette test mule pics? Talk about frankencar.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...tte-test-mule/
Old 9 Jan 2015, 14:07 (Ref:3491284)   #50
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Did you see the mid engine corvette test mule pics? Talk about frankencar.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...tte-test-mule/
Thanks, Joe. You just made me lose by breakfast. No, I had not seen those. I had seen some earlier prospective drawings and those looked good.