Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Feb 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3372320)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8 Supercars game...

Just got a new PC, are there any V8 Supercars games out there? I am sick of talking to the wife & I really want to drive a lap of Winton
Old 26 Feb 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3372348)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm addicted to rFactor, it's a bit old now, but it has just about every type of car you could name and most tracks.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3372463)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Grid 2 has a Bathurst Track Pack, which features:

o- Mount Panorama
o- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 ATCC
o- Ford Sierra RS500 ATCC
o- Ford Ute
Old 27 Feb 2014, 03:37 (Ref:3372580)   #4
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a poke around here. There are a bunch of mods for various games that include pretty much any track you can think of.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3372618)   #5
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rfactor is your best bet, has all the Aussie tracks and V8Supercar seasons from 2006-2012.
Old 27 Feb 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3372911)   #6
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
rfactor is your best bet, has all the Aussie tracks and V8Supercar seasons from 2006-2012.
I agree

You can even go for a cruise around tracks like Oran Park and Amaroo which are now just a memory
Old 27 Feb 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3372960)   #7
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst it isn't something I'd recommend to a casual or beginner gamer, iRacing has had a Ford V8 Supercar for a while now and they have signed on for the rights to scan a Triple Eight COTF. They currently have Phillip Island, Oran Park and Mount Panorama as the Australian tracks on the service.

The main race each Monday night is broadcast live - well worth a look in:

www.v8sonline.com.au
Old 28 Feb 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3372987)   #8
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
Whilst it isn't something I'd recommend to a casual or beginner gamer, iRacing has had a Ford V8 Supercar for a while now and they have signed on for the rights to scan a Triple Eight COTF. They currently have Phillip Island, Oran Park and Mount Panorama as the Australian tracks on the service.

The main race each Monday night is broadcast live - well worth a look in:

www.v8sonline.com.au
I second that, for the most immersive and most realistic experience iracing is the best by far. The downside to that is that its also the most difficult and requires one to devote a lot of time to getting better...just as you have to in real life. Its a simulator not a game.

Rfactor is way behind in the graphics department but the v8supercar mod and the available tracks is pretty good.

As far as games are concerned forza on the xbox has v8supercars in it.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3373033)   #9
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
As far as games are concerned forza on the xbox has v8supercars in it.
V8 Supercar really need to speak to the producers of the Forza series (Turn 10) about a standalone V8 Supercars game. We didn't get one at all for the last generation of consoles so it would be good to see one at the beginning of the current generation.

All they need to do is 5 car models and 15 tracks (a lot of which are very short tracks compared to others) and away we go.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3373042)   #10
samoaair707
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
samoaair707 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats why I just still have my original X-box,even though it is old now,still can play v8supercars 3 and do all the tracks.Don't think I have really driven much of the other cars on there.
Old 28 Feb 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3373044)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So its been years since there was just a "V8 Supercar" championship game on xbox/play station/pc etc?
Old 28 Feb 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3373066)   #12
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
So its been years since there was just a "V8 Supercar" championship game on xbox/play station/pc etc?
Yeah the last standalone game was V8 Supercars 3 (original xBox and PS2) and I'm pretty sure that didn't even have all the Aussie tracks.

A few Ford and Holden V8 Supercars appeared in Forza Motorsport 3 & 4 (xBox360) with Forza 5 (xBox One) getting a couple of cars and the Mount Panorama circuit.

The only downside with my suggestion of getting Turn 10 to do a standalone game is that it would probably only be an xBox only title thus missing out on half the market but the Codemasters touring car games really lost the plot when they switched to the Grid series. I love their F1 games though. If the team behind the F1 games had a look at it I'd be interested.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 04:07 (Ref:3373872)   #13
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
There has never been a standalone V8SC game.

All the "V8SC Race Driver" games had multiple different series in them, and were marketed under different names depending on where it was released(V8SC Driver in AU/NZ, DTM Race Driver in Germany, and ToCA Race driver everywhere else).

IF Codemasters took it seriously, a standalone game from them could be amazing. I think there'd be enough interest to throw in the Utes and a few Dev series cars. Do all the tracks for the Main Game/Dev/Ute's and throw in some "historic" tracks that are either not on the schedule or not around anymore(They've already got Shanghai, Bahrain, and Austin from their F1 games) and you'd have a wonderful game.

Hell, with the way the series was before 2012, and the fact most of the teams competing now have campainged cars for many years, you could even throw in old years, such as the VY/BA, VX/AU, VR,EL etc, etc and make it even better.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 05:36 (Ref:3373886)   #14
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a game called 'Dick Johnson V8 Challenge" back around the turn of the century, and a HRT game from a few years earlier.

Codemasters have said (admittedly when talking about the BTCC) there is no market for individual series games these days, the market wants games along the lines of "Grid" or the Colin McRae games, with huge variety on offer within the game itself.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3374149)   #15
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was an EA game about 10 years ago that also had utes.

+1 for iRacing
Old 2 Mar 2014, 22:43 (Ref:3374156)   #16
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
There was a game called 'Dick Johnson V8 Challenge" back around the turn of the century, and a HRT game from a few years earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
There was an EA game about 10 years ago that also had utes.
Now those bring back some memories guys ! I never saw the HRT game but that Dick Johnson Game and the EA game were just horrible ! I only ever played the demo of the DJ game but I had the first version of that EA game which funnily enough with Volvo entering the V8s this year was ported across from a Swedish Touring Car Championship game - it had a few V8 Supercars in it but from what I can remember it had more Swedish tracks than Aussie ones.
Old 2 Mar 2014, 23:43 (Ref:3374178)   #17
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing beat Nascar 2003 which is what forms the basis of iRacing.

If they could have a V8 game that was as good as N2003, i'd buy it in a heart beat. But then again, you may as well get iRacing, BF Falcon, soon to be VF Commy, Bathurst, PI, SMP already on there. Most of the "bigger" tracks in the US are also on there for any possible expansion.

Can be a bit expensive though, which might not suit
Old 2 Mar 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3374180)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Running the V8's in iRacing on the ovals is incredible fun as well.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3374187)   #19
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TOCA 2 by Codemasters for me is the best racing game ever.

It doesnt have the ability to update cars, shapes, tracks etc like the online PC versions these days however in terms of pure racing fun (and the ability to really frustrate you) it wins hands down - 15 years on.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3374204)   #20
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
TOCA 2 by Codemasters for me is the best racing game ever.
Had some great LAN parties back in the day with TOCA & TOCA 2.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3374755)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Its time for a new V8 & NASCAR game - come on geeks, get to it!
Old 4 Mar 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3374903)   #22
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's a new Nascar game series by Eutechnix: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line (late 2012) and Nascar '14. (just released).
Old 4 Mar 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3374983)   #23
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
There's a new Nascar game series by Eutechnix: NASCAR The Game: Inside Line (late 2012) and Nascar '14. (just released).
Awful, awful Shovelware put out to make a quick buck with an engine so buggy you'd think Bethezzzda is doing the programming.

Buy at your own risk.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 04:35 (Ref:3375189)   #24
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next two seriously decent racing titles to keep an eye on are Project Cars and Assetta Corsa.

Project cars graphics are the most stunning you will ever see in a racing game and the physics behind it aren't too bad either. Its made by slightly mad studios who split from simbin years ago after making the legendery GTR and GT legends games. Already in beta stage racing at Bathurst around 7am in the morning with the sun cresting over the mountains as you hit skyline is brilliant. Expect a racing game like Forza and GT but with a stronger slant towards simulations. It will be released on all platforms. The following video features in game footage (the sound isn't from the game)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e89TRSaGe9I

Assetta Corsa is more of a genuine sim with great graphics as well. It comes from the creators of Ferrari academy and netkar pro and features the most realistic feeling physics in a sim for a long time if not ever. Both it and Project Cars have a long list of cars and a decent amount of tracks .

If either of these games/sims were to get V8supercars it would give the championship a lot of exposure and be seriously enjoyable to race.

The only other real decent sim maker out there is Simbin and they have not exactly delivered the goods recently. They have have 2 sims out there currently but neither have multiplayer....atm. They are DTM Experience and Race Room Racing Experience. The sound in the DTM game is amazing and the physics/graphics engine is the same behind both games which possibly explains why both atm don't have multiplayer. R3E should be a great racing game once its available with multiplayer. http://www.simbin.com/games/

Poor video quality but get a load of the sound from that r8 GT3 mmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGWTqJn851w

Last edited by nafe!; 5 Mar 2014 at 04:40.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3384596)   #25
AerobaticRug
Rookie

Ireland
AerobaticRug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Game: rfactor 2 - http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/

V8Supercars: http://www.fvrmodding.com/

Place to Race: http://touringcar-simracing.com

Install the game, download the mod, install, grab tracks (Winton was mentioned by OP - its avaliable) from Place to race

Off you go - awesome physics and good racing.