Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Mar 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3377393)   #76
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
What exactly makes it unfeasible to upgrade the place?
the lack of someone to fund it
Old 11 Mar 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3377406)   #77
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What exactly makes it unfeasible to upgrade the place?
Given the layout and size of the existing pit area, if you flattened it and built a 30-car pit building along the front straight with race control, corporate facilities, etc, plus leaving room to spare on the rear side for B-doubles, it doesn't leave room for a whole lot else.

There's still spectator parking, grandstands, ete to consider as well.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3377415)   #78
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
firstly the question was "what international tracks we should run on.

However to answer your question v8 supercars are backing money getting poured into new circuits and existing circuits
V8 SUPERCARS PUSHING NEW PERMANENT VENUES

howver you may be aware that there is an election in SA soon (next weekend) and one of the issues is the propsed facility at Tailem Bend, naturally V8 supercars has come out in support of this facility which is a very relevant issue at the time of clipsal and this announcment that was made from SA
They won't put their hands in their own pockets and if it fails who wears the result. It sure as hell won't be V8 SC unless they are prepared to go guarantor for the finance. This seems to be a cop out to me, why shouldn't they finance their own facilities. They could buy an existing circuit and throw some real money at it, a brilliant idea I reckon. Others could pay to use it and they would make a profit!
Old 11 Mar 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3377541)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
They won't put their hands in their own pockets and if it fails who wears the result. It sure as hell won't be V8 SC unless they are prepared to go guarantor for the finance. This seems to be a cop out to me, why shouldn't they finance their own facilities. They could buy an existing circuit and throw some real money at it, a brilliant idea I reckon. Others could pay to use it and they would make a profit!
V8 supercars is an organisation that races cars and produces events, its is not a race track owner and my understanding it has no plans to do so. (and from what we understand cant afford to buy one)

It does however have a little bit of political clout and can use that clout to help get tracks built or upgraded
Old 11 Mar 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3377592)   #80
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
V8 supercars is an organisation that races cars and produces events, its is not a race track owner and my understanding it has no plans to do so. (and from what we understand cant afford to buy one)

It does however have a little bit of political clout and can use that clout to help get tracks built or upgraded
If they have not got the money they should go to the market and finance it just as they are asking someone else to do. Having your cake and eating it seems to apply here. They are always bleating (quite rightfully) about track conditions so let them be a leader and show everyone how it is done. If they were serious in this endeavour they would form another company and use their political clout and financial wizardry to back the new company. They really are a short sighted and opportunistic group who expect everything to be done for them. None of the current tracks are anything like world class for spectators and maybe one track for the cars. The rest are best forgotten.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3377621)   #81
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
If they have not got the money they should go to the market and finance it just as they are asking someone else to do. Having your cake and eating it seems to apply here. They are always bleating (quite rightfully) about track conditions so let them be a leader and show everyone how it is done. If they were serious in this endeavour they would form another company and use their political clout and financial wizardry to back the new company. They really are a short sighted and opportunistic group who expect everything to be done for them. None of the current tracks are anything like world class for spectators and maybe one track for the cars. The rest are best forgotten.
Why?

Why should they do that? It is not a race track owning organisation. They manage a category and produce events.

So if they don't own it - why should they find the money for it?

This is like me saying to you - hey, you like visiting my house but you'd enjoy it more if I had an extra level on it that would also have a dedicated home cinema room. So why don't you go and find the money so that I can upgrade my house so it meets your purpose when you visit.

All V8s have done is say they'd offer logistical and technical support, advice and guidance to anybody who wants to develop a new circuit or redevelop an existing one as a contributing member of the motorsport community.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3377643)   #82
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Why?

Why should they do that? It is not a race track owning organisation. They manage a category and produce events.

So if they don't own it - why should they find the money for it?

This is like me saying to you - hey, you like visiting my house but you'd enjoy it more if I had an extra level on it that would also have a dedicated home cinema room. So why don't you go and find the money so that I can upgrade my house so it meets your purpose when you visit.

All V8s have done is say they'd offer logistical and technical support, advice and guidance to anybody who wants to develop a new circuit or redevelop an existing one as a contributing member of the motorsport community.
To be fair though, V8Supercars are the only category that places such 'demands' on tracks to have these upgrades. Other categories racing in Australia are not as demanding.

V8Supercars tell tracks you must have XYZ before we will race there, you have to pay for it or find someone the fund it, then pay us to come play. While other race meetings in Australia certainly make use of these upgrades, the other race meetings certainly don't "require" them before racing there.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3377659)   #83
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
To be fair though, V8Supercars are the only category that places such 'demands' on tracks to have these upgrades. Other categories racing in Australia are not as demanding.

V8Supercars tell tracks you must have XYZ before we will race there, you have to pay for it or find someone the fund it, then pay us to come play. While other race meetings in Australia certainly make use of these upgrades, the other race meetings certainly don't "require" them before racing there.
Good isn't it. Without the demand we would still have 1960s facilities
Old 12 Mar 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3377690)   #84
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good isn't it. Without the demand we would still have 1960s facilities
Old 23 Mar 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3383361)   #85
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/03/24/...nst-the-grain/
V8 Supercars’ latest push to add international fixtures to its calendar will need to buck global trends in order to succeed, warns respected touring car promoter Allan Gow.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3383401)   #86
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overseas races

Interesting overview by Alan Gow who is the head of the FIA Touring car commission on Speedcafe. He is dead right aside from NZ what overseas V8 race has been a success? ....

Seems pretty on the money although Speedcafe are off beam with the "spec" of the BTCC cars.

Introduced in 2011, the BTCC’s ‘Next Generation’ cars are similar in concept to V8 Supercars’ Car of the Future, with road car body panels fitting over a control chassis. - No the basic standard shell remains. The front suspension is a control part mounted on a control front subframe.

Unlike the Australian championship, the majority of the field carries a ‘generic’ TOCA engine package. - No Honda, Ford are not generic.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3383451)   #87
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Key Word - Majority.

They are even more controlled than V8SC and people already whinge about that. No matter what people do there always someone who knows better.

I couldn't care less I just watch Motorsport, doesn't matter what it is.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3384470)   #88
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who Winges ? From what I hear the Teams have accepted the cars Factories have little or no influence, the cars are easy to repair and the grid is the biggest TC grid in the world... also they regularly get 30K+ crowds and live Terestrial TV
Old 26 Mar 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3384502)   #89
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Who Winges ? From what I hear the Teams have accepted the cars Factories have little or no influence,
kiwi20 was, i think, referring to people whinging about V8SC's already excessive controlled equipment.
Old 13 Apr 2014, 01:00 (Ref:3391752)   #90
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
How about an oval?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORGJ11cNUuo
Old 13 Apr 2014, 01:06 (Ref:3391753)   #91
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
17 out of the 31 cars in the 2014 BTCC field use manufacturer specific engines, so most aren't using the TOCA-spec engine.

P.S. It's not letting me quote the relevant post for some reason.