Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Nov 2003, 17:21 (Ref:772901)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
The Reynard

From CART's website...

results of a recent CART wind tunnel test that showed that the much-maligned Reynard is performing on a par with the Lola when similar road-course aerodynamic configurations are compared. CART conducted testing two weeks ago with the latest versions of both chassis, determining that the Reynard actually has slightly more downforce and slightly less drag than their counterparts.

"The tests showed us the great potential of the Reynards and we believe that any further development that might aid the Reynard cause would have to come outside of the aerodynamic package," said CART Director of Technology Lee Dykstra. "We believe that it is very possible to realize that potential by modifying the aerodynamic components of the car without changing the shape mandated by the aerodynamic freeze."
Old 4 Nov 2003, 22:32 (Ref:773197)   #2
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I guess if Player's had success with the same Reynard only a year ago, then it is theoretically possible that anyone could. But who's going to carry out these "developements"? Last I heard, Reynard was in big financial trouble. What's the latest?
Old 11 Nov 2003, 16:07 (Ref:779982)   #3
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynard went under! Did G-Force buy the rights to the chassis?

I've gotta admit that I prefer the 'look' of the Reynard, to me it looks like a proper Champ Car, the sidepods on the Lola are just too high for my liking!

The Reynard sounds like a very tough car to get a working setup on, having seen the Lola and the Reynard into Paddock Hill Bend, Druids and Clearways at Brands Hatch you could see that the Lola's were far more 'planted' than the understeering Reynards. I believe the wind tunnel tests, I just think that the Reynards looked particularly poor as all the new teams, bar Rocketsports and PK were using them. Look at the end-of-season form of the Reynard chassis, when they were using the Penske wing - the field was a lot closer and the grids far less predictable.

I just hope that a few teams stick with the Reynard and prove that the chassis has got a future, despite Adrian's firm going bust...
Old 11 Nov 2003, 18:36 (Ref:780143)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always have faith in the Reynard- I like the wing mounted on the nose as it is instead of the Lola 'Stalk'
and it one this year, and podium positions were 2, so it isn't the worst chassis, there are only what 4 or 5 of them in the feild, of course they are going to fare worse.
Kimmy handled his well, and RHR did magnificent, so I thin kthe Reynske will show well next year, and the drag bit- i 'd think the lola is better aerodynamically, after all it is the newer design..no matter what CART says
Old 11 Nov 2003, 18:37 (Ref:780148)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Y mean jimmy handled his well not Kimmy- darn jeyboard- i mean keyboard
Old 12 Nov 2003, 02:14 (Ref:780540)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They Reynards didn't have the Rensky wing until later in the season, they were clearly in a disadvantaged position @ place like Brands. I agree that the Reynard looks better than the Lola.

Why not have Lola not change the car? How hard can it be?
Old 12 Nov 2003, 09:51 (Ref:780804)   #7
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could CART run a 'b' class for the Reynard chassis? With a prize fund at the end of it, this way you will attract teams with a limited budget into the series and it'll make the racing theoughout the pack more ferocious as even when the Reynards aren't hooked up they will at least have something to race for come the Sunday!? CART could have a prize of 2 Lola Chassis for the winning team for the following year...? What's peoples thoughts?!
Old 12 Nov 2003, 10:35 (Ref:780845)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
no...jus make the lola slower....give it a proper nose and side pods.....