Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:13 (Ref:915026)   #26
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yup
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:53 (Ref:915079)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent!

Got it now. Did quite well actually, picked up F1C and NHL2004 (for my lad) for £30.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 13:53 (Ref:915080)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I presume the LM track is another revision of Matt Lucas' version?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:09 (Ref:915115)   #29
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey, that wasn't a bad price at all for two games! Not really sure which version of the Le Mans track it was but there're so many versions you could race on. The one that I like is probably the early 80s (??? correct me if I'm wrong), the "original" Mulsanne straight without the added chicanes. I think in real life, the Jaguar XJR-something of 1983 had achieved top speed of 243mph+ and it's still going apparently...scary stuff...
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:24 (Ref:915138)   #30
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what i understand, its an updated version of the one of the F1 2002 tracks, Although they are working on their own verison, to stop the mulsanne hump being a mulsanne ramp (360flips are quite possible with low wing settings....)

Good prices too there ayse.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 14:39 (Ref:915161)   #31
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
funny enough, i did flip the car in mid air 720 (2 turns) on the notorious mulsanne ramp when driving the Pug905. lol ! i have never experienced this on other cars though. what puzzled me was that i used quite a high downforce settings too: 4F12R. so strange! could it be the case of these group c cars being so low to the ground?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 15:52 (Ref:915269)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The F1 2002 version of Le Mans is Matt's version (which he originally created for SCGT). He created versions both with and without chicanes.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 16:41 (Ref:915332)   #33
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll wait to get the Aysedasi seal of approval on this one before taking the plunge I think . It certainly looks fantastic.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 17:36 (Ref:915419)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I'm about to install, but I don't know if I'll really have any time to work anything out tonight.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 18:48 (Ref:915495)   #35
SandeepBanerjee
Rookie

SandeepBanerjee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't be able to get it before next month unfortunately, as I've already exceeded my download limit for this month and mah cable guy'd be FURIOUS if I downloaded a 269 MB file now.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:03 (Ref:915509)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Welcome Sandeep, by the way

Its installed.

So is the mod.

The cars look...... sensational.

But I still haven't driven one yet...... I'm smiling too much to be able to choose......

I'm actually printing out a piece from RSC about setting up the wheels etc. I don't want to have the naff experience I had with F12K2.....
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:19 (Ref:915528)   #37
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea Ayse. I fear that you may be put off if your wheel setup is not great when you first try it. I find I have to play with my wheel settings for ages on most of the F1C mods before I hit the 'sweetspot'. The Prototype C mod certainly came alive when I sorted mine, but it took quite a few iterations before I nailed it!
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:28 (Ref:915538)   #38
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you might want f1rst as well.

www.f1rst2.com
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:40 (Ref:915555)   #39
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Generaly ayse your put air in them so they dont deflate when on the track.... Oh and get them made out of rubber, thats a really good idea!

Last edited by Try Hard; 22 Mar 2004 at 19:45.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:42 (Ref:915559)   #40
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Quote:
Originally posted by TerryC
funny enough, i did flip the car in mid air 720 (2 turns) on the notorious mulsanne ramp when driving the Pug905. lol ! i have never experienced this on other cars though. what puzzled me was that i used quite a high downforce settings too: 4F12R. so strange! could it be the case of these group c cars being so low to the ground?
Try upping the front wing, 4 seems awful low... Lower to the ground (although not too low) should increase downforce, I think the optimum height is in the read me somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
I'll wait to get the Aysedasi seal of approval on this one before taking the plunge I think . It certainly looks fantastic.
Jee, what ya need that for, the rest of us not good enough eh, shame on you... J/k

Last edited by Try Hard; 22 Mar 2004 at 19:44.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:49 (Ref:915568)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK. As first experiences go, that's how I rate it. Looks absolutely lovely, and promises much -= and I'm sure I will be rewarded, but can someone help me out with the answers to a few questions:-

1. Is it just me? Why the hell does the game think its a great idea to change all the settings I've carefully applied whenever I return to one of the settings screens? I'm fed up with re-assigning my gear selector button and turning off all the driver aids.

2. Can someone (preferably someone with a MOMO or at least a Logi wheel) let me have their settings - for pretty well everything? At the moment, I can't get the XJR-14 to run quicker than 175 mph and I can't find a rev limiter anywhere... Ipresume there is one or I've got my liud pedal set up wrong.

3. What the hell is f1rst?
Old 22 Mar 2004, 19:52 (Ref:915577)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
BTW, I haven't even got half way around a lap of Le Mans yet without finding that some setting has changed - steering, gear selection - cockpit selection (that's another one which keeps changing). Isn't there a "save" button which lets you hang on to your settings? (Perhaps I should have read the original manual first..... )
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:00 (Ref:915594)   #43
Es Nes
Veteran

1. Is it just me? Why the hell does the game think its a great idea to change all the settings I've carefully applied whenever I return to one of the settings screens? I'm fed up with re-assigning my gear selector button and turning off all the driver aids.

ive never had that problem, but, i know the options arent set the same way between testing, race, championship, and mp

2. Can someone (preferably someone with a MOMO or at least a Logi wheel) let me have their settings - for pretty well everything? At the moment, I can't get the XJR-14 to run quicker than 175 mph and I can't find a rev limiter anywhere... Ipresume there is one or I've got my liud pedal set up wrong.

ive a logitech wheel and havent changed any settings other than ff to -75%. top speed is limited by the very high downforce settings. so far ive tryed the allard, gebhardt, nissan p35, a lola, and tgf's mercedes and the merc was the only one to hit 19x

3. What the hell is f1rst?

it does the same thing as the fancy icr cilent does for gpl, makes it easier to find races

Last edited by Es Nes; 22 Mar 2004 at 20:00.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:09 (Ref:915605)   #44
Es Nes
Veteran

i just tested the brundles jag, using the set up that was including with the game. opened the raditors back up and took some revs off and was hitting 189 easly on a wet track with hard tyres. id say youre deffently using way too much downforce.

btw - make sure the rev limiter is off. on deffault is "L"

Last edited by Es Nes; 22 Mar 2004 at 20:10.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:14 (Ref:915610)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So default is on? I've just driven the TS010 - 123 mph max - in 3rd, changing up made no difference. So is there nothing on a screen somewhere about the rev limiter - coz I can't find it.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:19 (Ref:915616)   #46
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Got a questin for you Ayse, Have you run the F1 C on its own yet? try starting the game as F1 c (don't worry you won't have to go on track), as this should hopefully setup a config.ini file, also create a player in F1 C.
If you have then have a look at your PLR file (i take it you followed the readme and setup a player in the launcher for PTC), it can be found in (on my machine) D:\Games\F1C\Virtua_LM\Save\Prototype C\TryHard. Make sure it isn't write protected.

I think the mod has trouble if you havent run the F1 side of things at least once, cause it creates a config file that the mod can use.

My FFB settings (using a Momo racing) are (in the PTC launcher)
Force feedback : On
device Type : Wheel
Effects level : Full
Strength : -95%
The other values I haven't managed to get working yet, although i did inform V_Lm over at RSC, and their gonna look into it.

Let me know if it helps
Ed
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:19 (Ref:915617)   #47
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Try Hard
Jee, what ya need that for, the rest of us not good enough eh, shame on you... J/k
lol! Well, Ayse has similar sim tastes to me, I too struggled with the F12002 game and it's mods so if Ayse finds some good with F1C I'll assume I will too.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:23 (Ref:915619)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ed, thanks for the advice - you know for sure I didn't run the thing for those nasty F1 things.....

I'll give that a try.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:23 (Ref:915622)   #49
Es Nes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
So default is on? I've just driven the TS010 - 123 mph max - in 3rd, changing up made no difference. So is there nothing on a screen somewhere about the rev limiter - coz I can't find it.
its the pit lane limiter, you dont have an option to set what speed. check your options to see what button its set to. many fall prey to it.
Old 22 Mar 2004, 20:35 (Ref:915632)   #50
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
you'll notice if its on as the rev band should flash.

Oh and once you've run F1 C, try doing a reinstall of the mod, should work.

Last edited by Try Hard; 22 Mar 2004 at 20:35.