Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 10 Jul 2007, 06:49 (Ref:1959287)   #1
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vixen Formula Four

My research has come across in a 69 programme what i recall as an often used ploy of mixing Formula 4/4 the imp engined mainly Vixen's with Formula Fords, both had simular performance.

Interesting to note the drivers some who were unknown at the time but become household names in club racing.

One such is Geoff Frizwell well known clubmans racers did not even knew you race F4.
Also one Patrick Longhurst , ' Pat ' the Davrian Modsport King.

The Vixen must have been the main stay of the formula at that time as the vast majority were using them.

With the exception of the following

Johnny Walker/Costin Walker
Philip Guerola/Briham
Derek Forrester/Speedcraft Matador
Perdal Developments/Peter Dalkin/A.J.Tobias/Mcnally F4
Johnny Saunders-Hyde/JSH

The works Vixen is driven by Keith Norman.

Do any original Vixens survive, anyone with memories of the cars , drivers etc.??
Old 10 Jul 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1959337)   #2
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interested in the Formula 4 title.
Here in Oz I was among a group who tried to get what was then the supposed international F4 started. Basically 250cc twin motorcycle engines. Sort of a new version of the 500's
Understand there were a few races in Italy and that Techno, the kart people built a few there.
Never got off the ground here, a couple that were built finished up as hilclimb specials with bigger engines stuffed in I think.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 14:50 (Ref:1959747)   #3
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Still Hillclimbing

Several Vixens came onto the hills and are still in use. They are usually run in the Historic or Classic Cars Classes but are still competitive.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 06:16 (Ref:1960345)   #4
stevie m
Rookie

Scotland
Lanark
stevie m should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I remember a Vixen driven in hillclimbs in Scotland during the early eighties,driven by a bloke called David Milne I think?.There was a magazine out at the time called"Scoop" and they did a slide type story in most issues about the exploits of this car and driver.I also remember his nickname was "smokin joe" due to the reek comming out of the exhaust probably a common thing with imp engines then