Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 17 Oct 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3935216)   #151
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Nice, thanks for that. The tarmac did look very patched and old in places, cars didn't seem to mind, all looked nicely settled, hooked up and quick. I'm definitely going to watch more of these guys now I've found them

Fanschoice.tv by the way, free stream, good quality.
Indeed, the Whelen Modifieds are a terrific series. Still an out and out grassroots series despite official nascar sanctioning. As such, a good bulk of the drivers and teams are a revolving door year in and year out and even on a race to race basis, I believe only 15 or 16 drivers out of the ~75 or so that are officially classified in the season standings are listed as having completed all rounds of the season. Still though, this inherent underdog of a series (compared to the big 3) that remains loyal to the great short tracks of the east coast keeps me interested each year!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3939886)   #152
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm so happy Logano was eliminated from the playoffs last night. That is all.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3939960)   #153
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who's left and how many races?

I think Chase is out and Kyle Busch is still a whiny little B...
Old 11 Nov 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3939975)   #154
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Who's left and how many races?

I think Chase is out and Kyle Busch is still a whiny little B...
Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch are the four contenders heading to Homestead next Sunday.

If I had to chose I'd like to see Truex Jr. or Harvick winning the title.
Old 11 Nov 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3939996)   #155
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Martin Truex Jr., Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch are the four contenders heading to Homestead next Sunday.

If I had to chose I'd like to see Truex Jr. or Harvick winning the title.
Go Truex!
Old 11 Nov 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3940060)   #156
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
On balance Truex and his crew have been solid and consistent; Kyle Busch has been out of sorts for a couple of months. Hamlin blows hot or cold. Harvick and his lack of performance compared to last year mystifies me a little.

Very happy that Doosh is out of the equation. Although I found myself wishing he'd bust Hamlins backside the other week. Hamlin likes to dish it out, can't take it back and sulks way too much for a grown man.

I've liked Truex since I first saw him in the Busch series whenever that was. Harvick fan too, some of which goes back to the large orange chocolate bar on wheels he used to run... but also he comes across a really nice guy.

I think MTJ is the strongest contender right now...

(so that's him doomed - hopefully not!)
Old 17 Nov 2019, 23:46 (Ref:3941278)   #157
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
So he was doomed... a tyre fitting cock up! At least the crew chief was quickly aware so the tyres could be switched before an on track incident.

KB looked to be really comfortable and in the groove today - something that's not been evident to me for a couple of months. Best team won on the day I think.

How many weeks to Daytona?
Old 18 Nov 2019, 01:06 (Ref:3941288)   #158
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post

How many weeks to Daytona?
Old 18 Nov 2019, 03:55 (Ref:3941299)   #159
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Old 20 Nov 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3941821)   #160
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stay tuned for all the farewell rocking chairs and toys for Johnson next season, announced 2020 will be his final full-time season
Old 21 Nov 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3941977)   #161
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
https://racer.com/2019/11/20/tv-rati...ead-brazil-gp/

Ratings report from the past weekend in racing. nascar suffers a steady drop over the last 4 races, while Formula 1 enjoys a consistent increase in viewership this year.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 21 Nov 2019 at 18:40.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3942025)   #162
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
For reasons I can't put my finger on the xfinity cars have produced better racing this year than Cup.

Homestead being a case in point: Custer, Algaier, Bell and Reddick had a lot of close racing. The Cup race was mostly faster car catches slower car and sails past. No side by side hard racing that I saw.

Maybe the xfinity cars/ drivers have just been closer in performance? Certainly in Cup JGR has pretty much left most others trailing for a good chunk of the year.
Old 23 Nov 2019, 15:03 (Ref:3942356)   #163
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/sta...620277761?s=01
Old 6 Dec 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3945288)   #164
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
There might be hope for NASCAR....

Kyle Larson's wife shotguns Busch tallboy at NASCAR Awards

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/kyl...instant-legend
Old 23 Dec 2019, 02:17 (Ref:3948135)   #165
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Fear me!! For I am the harbinger of bad news regarding nascar! Three tracks on the calendar have already, or will be removing grandstands for the upcoming 2020 season. All of these stories announced within the final 3 months of this year.

First, Dover Speedway is in the process of removing approximately 29,000 seats, bringing their total capacity down to 54,000. As a matter of comparison, in 2001, arguably the zenith period, the total capacity of the Dover circle track was 135,000 as the article states.
https://delawarestatenews.net/news/a...an-experience/

Next - In the wake of the final race, it was revealed that Homestead Speedway is set to remove the entirety of the Turn 1 grandstands in favor of Hospitality Units and Fan tailored gimmicks.
https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/statu...47432920440832

Finally - My local track, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, has been steadily removing the turn 3 & 4 grandstands piecemeal since 2013 when they started by putting up giant ad banners at the far edge of the turn 3 stands. It's been nothing short of depressing to witness the decline of this place first hand over the last decade. To cap it all off however, it was announced a few days ago to season-ticket holders that the entirety of what remains of turn 4 will be removed completely by July 2020.
https://www.automobilemag.com/news/f...rs-eliminated/
Old 24 Dec 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3948396)   #166
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
There might be hope for NASCAR....

Kyle Larson's wife shotguns Busch tallboy at NASCAR Awards

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/kyl...instant-legend
Somehow that's from Golf Digest? Is that the Happy Gilmore edition?
Old 24 Dec 2019, 21:04 (Ref:3948468)   #167
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Somehow that's from Golf Digest? Is that the Happy Gilmore edition?
Yes. Strange links show up with click bait...