Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Jul 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3917713)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lowndes V's Stanaway.. A $50,000 question..

It seems Mr Adderton is at it again... suggesting he will front a bet with a $50,000 payoff if Mr Lowndes can drive quicker in a GRM car than Mr Stanaway can manage in a RBHRT car...

Article Here

Its probably unfair to make Mr Lowndes a part of a nonsensical contest such as this and then stating that he (Lowndes) likely wouldnt proceed with it because he would lose.

Article also sees Mr Adderton sling off at 'ageing drivers', including Mr Courtney being at the back of the field in season 2018 in a Boost sponsored car... (presumably he isnt headed to Boost GRM any time soon )
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Jul 2019, 00:19 (Ref:3917719)   #2
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Lowndes? If he's as good as they say, why not Whincup or Giz? Besides, aren't there enough drivers already kicking his ass?
Old 15 Jul 2019, 00:32 (Ref:3917722)   #3
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering Stanaway seemingly can't turn a lap at the moment, that's an easy $50k payday.

Or is the neck injury a facade?
Old 15 Jul 2019, 00:49 (Ref:3917724)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Why Lowndes? If he's as good as they say, why not Whincup or Giz? Besides, aren't there enough drivers already kicking his ass?
Presumably because Mr Lowndes in his capacity at FoxSports isnt communicating with the great unwashed that Mr Stanaway is better than Lewis Hamilton...
Old 15 Jul 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3917726)   #5
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand being so defensive in regards to Richie's poor pace - he's injured no? I would have thought that's justification enough.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 02:11 (Ref:3917730)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Easier to just pay Lowndes the $50K to run it at QR...
Old 15 Jul 2019, 02:20 (Ref:3917732)   #7
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Firstly, as if Red Bull would put Stanaway in their car, they've got enough issues at the moment without wanting to do some rebuilding.

Secondly, isnt this just another swipe at GRM and the speed of their race cars? Not sure how productive that is.

Thirdly, I get this bloke is in the business of promotion of his business, but maybe he should have started his tenure at GRM by trusting the experience or Garry and Barry by letting them decide on driver lineups.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 02:49 (Ref:3917735)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Easier to just pay Lowndes the $50K to run it at QR...
Actually it might be the cheapest bolt on performance Boost Mobile Racing could get...
Old 15 Jul 2019, 05:09 (Ref:3917745)   #9
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from memory Lowndsy doesnt have a car....correct? His is number 3 or 4 driver on their list RBHRT

or maybe Marketing just to get CL Into one of his cars and improve it.

Eitherway he is a big mouth or a big wallet or both
Old 15 Jul 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3917794)   #10
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Boost's 50K callout would have been way cooler if he offered it to Tander....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jul 2019, 21:21 (Ref:3917928)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I'm assuming that Mr Boost references Mr Lowndes specifically as Mr Lowndes is a commentator I believe on Fox (I don't have access to Fox so I'm not completely sure about that).

If Mr Lowndes has said that GRM with 2 relatively inexperienced pilots will be lacking in the level of driver feedback on setup that comes with more experience (and more to the point, experience of what a front-running car feels like) then Mr Lowndes is 100% correct - and it's an observation, rather than the criticism that the seemingly thin-skinned Mr Boost seems to think that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Mr Boost's 50K callout would have been way cooler if he offered it to Tander....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Absolutely agree - now THAT would be a challenge that makes more sense and that would seem more real.

Plus Mr Lowndes hasn't always driven for 888 and we all saw in the 00 Motorsport days that he really can put a pretty good shine onto a turd - the green eyed monster and its earlier friends often ended way further up the results sheets in his hands than it had any right to.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 22:36 (Ref:3917949)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It is hardly Mr Tander’s fault however that GRM punted him to make way for Mr Stanaway...
Old 16 Jul 2019, 02:34 (Ref:3917954)   #13
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must be getting old... the part that irritated me the most wasn't the wager but the fact that a multi millionaire, head of a billion dollar company, doesn't know the difference between "their" and "there"
Old 16 Jul 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3918062)   #14
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It is hardly Mr Tander’s fault however that GRM punted him to make way for Mr Stanaway...
Not even remotely Mr Tander's fault - but if Mr Boost REALLY wanted to "prove" the credentials of Mr Stan (as he seems to be rather defensive on the subject) then running Mr Tander and Mr Stan in the car, including giving them both the opportunity to make setup changes would be a "real" bet and I reckon something that would be worth watching.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 23:34 (Ref:3918070)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Not even remotely Mr Tander's fault - but if Mr Boost REALLY wanted to "prove" the credentials of Mr Stan (as he seems to be rather defensive on the subject) then running Mr Tander and Mr Stan in the car, including giving them both the opportunity to make setup changes would be a "real" bet and I reckon something that would be worth watching.
Agreed. Maybe Mr Tander is the real winner here, paid not to race, plus a plum gig at 888... and Audi MPC GT... and Audi MPC TCRA...

Wonder if Mr Skaife could be of service here? Do you remember the testing he did in Darwin in Mr Holdsworth's car, when he found like 20 things that needed changing, while the regular pilot was like a deer in the headlights... at the very same team... with the very same engineer....
Old 17 Jul 2019, 00:07 (Ref:3918072)   #16
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Wonder if Mr Skaife could be of service here? Do you remember the testing he did in Darwin in Mr Holdsworth's car, when he found like 20 things that needed changing, while the regular pilot was like a deer in the headlights... at the very same team... with the very same engineer....
That was ten years ago though, and as good a tester as Skaife was, he has never raced a current generation car.

For all of Adderton's defending of his young drivers, Michael Caruso in his first start achieved the team's best result of the year with a 9th.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 00:18 (Ref:3918073)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
For all of Adderton's defending of his young drivers, Michael Caruso in his first start achieved the team's best result of the year with a 9th.
A creditable performance, especially given he had very little seat time.

You wonder whether he might have had more wins had he not sat in a Nissan for 6 years.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3918074)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
That was ten years ago though, and as good a tester as Skaife was, he has never raced a current generation car.
Arguably neither have the current BMGRM pilots
Old 23 Jul 2019, 07:02 (Ref:3918962)   #19
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Agreed. Maybe Mr Tander is the real winner here, paid not to race, plus a plum gig at 888... and Audi MPC GT... and Audi MPC TCRA...

How is Tander paid not to race?
Old 23 Jul 2019, 07:29 (Ref:3918966)   #20
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
How is Tander paid not to race?
If Tander had signed a contract for 2019, and there were no get out clauses, then GRM would have to pay him out. But then if that were the case, it would have been able to prevent him from signing with Triple 8 as an enduro driver. That it didn't may point to either a negotiated settlement being reached, or no contract actually having been signed.
Old 24 Jul 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3919121)   #21
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by ford71; 24 Jul 2019 at 01:24. Reason: info already posted
Old 26 Jul 2019, 23:33 (Ref:3919506)   #22
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If there was a contract for 2019, I'd guess there would have been a settlement involving a payout that also allowed him to race elsewhere. A pity he went, looks like GRM could have really used his experience setting up cars this year.