Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Jun 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3908626)   #626
juha205
Rookie

Spain
Galicia (Northwest Spain)
juha205 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Nice shots

I didn't realise that Munnich had 3 Leons (I thought they just had 2) - how many cars does that man own!
Ibiza, not Leon... and not the last, ...even so are very similar
Old 9 Jun 2019, 09:41 (Ref:3908756)   #627
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coley said during the Abu Dhabi event that Scheiders car was a new build for this year.
Old 22 Jun 2019, 23:38 (Ref:3913595)   #628
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Shame to see that very low IQ thug has got back into top level RX - it let’s the sport down having a thick chav like him allowed back
In after repeated incidents that made it clear he is bad news.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3916463)   #629
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I feel fortunate that I got to watch in Höljes this year, some incredible moments and great racing. WRX has definitely gotten more competitive with the loss of manufacturers and even some privateer team can match up to the former works cars.

ERX on the other hand though is not in a very good state. There are some very good drivers but the rest are basically just filling out the field. It is such a huge gap between the top 3 or top 5 and the rest it's astonishing.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3916884)   #630
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great weekend of racing and, once again, some different names on the podium which is exactly what was hoped for this season.

Can't but help but think OMSE got their timing wrong returning to World RX: they really struggled last year but, despite some issues (and arguably home soil advantage) they were right in the mix in Holjes. Looks like they have reverted back to a conventional layout for the cars (with the cooling in the rear again)? I wonder how different the 2019 cars are to those used last year.

Without meaning to sound like a social media conspiracy theorist, I did question some of the stewards decisions (or rather lack of decisions) in Sweden. Timmy Hansen clearly pushed to pass in the semi-final, but nothing was said. Yet far lighter contact has been punished elsewhere? I am not keen on the lack of consistency.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 19:27 (Ref:3916914)   #631
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Agreed. That was a classic event, with plenty of action and drama and it being open till the end. Didn’t regret watching it for a minute
Old 12 Jul 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3917098)   #632
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems ridiculous that Timmy’s push to pass was allowed but they were handing out fairly harsh penalties for track limits.

Coley mentioned that OMSE had gone back to rear rads as they’d had problems with cooling at the front. Although he also noted that they were overheating at Holjes so still something to work on. Not a bad advert for the new car, clearly had pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jul 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3917215)   #633
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Can't but help but think OMSE got their timing wrong returning to World RX: they really struggled last year but, despite some issues (and arguably home soil advantage) they were right in the mix in Holjes. Looks like they have reverted back to a conventional layout for the cars (with the cooling in the rear again)? I wonder how different the 2019 cars are to those used last year.

Without meaning to sound like a social media conspiracy theorist, I did question some of the stewards decisions (or rather lack of decisions) in Sweden. Timmy Hansen clearly pushed to pass in the semi-final, but nothing was said. Yet far lighter contact has been punished elsewhere? I am not keen on the lack of consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
It seems ridiculous that Timmy’s push to pass was allowed but they were handing out fairly harsh penalties for track limits.

Coley mentioned that OMSE had gone back to rear rads as they’d had problems with cooling at the front. Although he also noted that they were overheating at Holjes so still something to work on. Not a bad advert for the new car, clearly had pace.
I heard that OMSE spent three days testing in Höljes, and they have apparently been hard at work on their Fiesta. I am not sure if these cars were new builds.

As for Hansen, I can't help but think that they are going easy on him as well. If you touched those sticks on the insides of some corners, you were automatically given a 5 second penalty this year. When Ekström won back in 2015, Hansen was first given 5 sec but protested and got 1 sec instead.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3917242)   #634
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Abbring and the ES Skoda is a good combo.
Old 4 Aug 2019, 22:27 (Ref:3921411)   #635
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eventful weekend, brilliant to see Andreas finally break his dry spell.

The more I watch Kevin Hansen the more I dislike him. He’s a rapid driver but seems to have a habit of crashing into people and ruining their race. Today’s hit on Marklund was just a case of getting carried away at the merge, ignoring the rules and then punting Anton into the wall quite aggressively.

You have to wonder what Gronholm night have done if he’d been entered for the whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 Aug 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3921452)   #636
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The more I watch Kevin Hansen the more I dislike him. He’s a rapid driver but seems to have a habit of crashing into people and ruining their race. Today’s hit on Marklund was just a case of getting carried away at the merge, ignoring the rules and then punting Anton into the wall quite aggressively.
I have said it before, but I struggle to warm to either of the Hansen brothers. Kenneth is a legend, but Timmy and Kevin both seem very artificial and some of their conduct on track doesn't help. No doubt they are both great drivers, just wish I could get behind them more.

Disqualification for Kevin in the final now puts Andreas just 5 points behind. Hopefully means we should be a close finish to the season.

Quote:
You have to wonder what Gronholm night have done if he’d been entered for the whole season.
Absolutely. Still not impossible for him to climb further up the standings, but he really could have done with a better result this weekend.

Unlucky end to the weekend for Liam as well. That contact with Chichiret ruined his semi final.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3921505)   #637
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed that Hansen's move on Marklund was out of order but couldn't have happened to a more deserving driver. I detest the way that Marklund drives and his general attitude. I'll always cheer him being punted out the race.

Didn't like the way Kevin leant on people off the start too, think he may have been the cause of one of the first corner incidents. He did similar stuff at the Titans event too.

Was unfortunate for Liam. Car failed on him in the heats too. He hasn't got the pace of Bakkerud though. Not even close at times.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3921651)   #638
Silhuette
Racer

Silhuette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I try to follow the races on YouTube since none of the TV channels I have seem to be covering this season. The fact that FIA is only streaming the live qualifications followed by just the finals is quite annoying and breaks the whole race. Whoever thought this was a good idea?

It's like watching the previous round of the champions league followed by the last ten minutes of the next game. The grid placement seems random, cars are missing, other cars are full of tape and presumably damaged. How are we supposed to get into the sport?

Is FIA deliberately trying to frustrate us into not caring about the sport anymore?
Old 6 Aug 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3921691)   #639
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really confused Silhuette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
I try to follow the races on YouTube since none of the TV channels I have seem to be covering this season. The fact that FIA is only streaming the live qualifications followed by just the finals is quite annoying and breaks the whole race. Whoever thought this was a good idea?
I'm assuming you're in a country where you can get the youtube live streams, otherwise ignore this section. The videos stay online to be watched whenever (albeit I think the Canada Q2 video messed up big time). The Finals are roughly an hour of highlights of qualifying then roughly an hour live with both Semi's and the Final plus RX2/ARX/ERX/ARX2 support category finals. This is brilliant and means you can spend 2 hours (or less by skipping the talking) to see every race highlight and the crunch time races in full. Or you can watch Q1-4 in full. I do which means I just skip the first hour of the finals programme.

Quote:
It's like watching the previous round of the champions league followed by the last ten minutes of the next game.
I would argue it's like watching highlights of the quarter finals and semi finals then watching the final in full. Maybe slightly different in terms of time (30-60 minutes live in WRX compared to 90+minutes) but not too far off.

Quote:
The grid placement seems random
Q1 - randomly decided order of grid. New system in Canada but still basically random
Q2-Q4 - Top 5 in previous session are in last race, next 5 fastest in penultimate race, next 5... until there are 6-10 drivers left. If 6 they split 3/3, 7 split 4/3, 8 split 5/3, 9 split 5/4 and 10 a nice even 5/5. Pole goes to the fastest of the drivers in that race, 2nd is for the second fastest etc.

In Q2/Q3 the order can be that the fastest drivers go out first or the slowest drivers go out first. This is randomly decided.
In Q4 slowest drivers go out first.

Semi Final - Odds 1st-11th in quali go to SF1 and Evens 2nd-12th to SF2. Start in the order they qualified.

Final - Finishing position in semi-final is the row you start on. Between each row pairing whoever was higher in quali gets the odd start (1st/3rd/5th) and the other gets the even start position (2nd/4th/6th)

Quote:
cars are missing, other cars are full of tape and presumably damaged.
Really? Of the 136 races in 2019 there have been 9 DNS. Race to race this season has been a healthy 15 cars throughout plus GCK, GRX and ES Motorsport adding an extra car at some or most rounds. Cars don't always have time to be fixed or budgets might be low and putting a new bumper only for it to be destroyed would be a waste. I went to Titans RX and Kevin Hansen broke his rear bumper on Saturday morning. They covered it with tape and kept it like that the whole weekend and it was destroyed again the next day. If they'd put a new bumper on right there and then that would have cost them 2 bumpers rather than 1.

Quote:
Is FIA deliberately trying to frustrate us into not caring about the sport anymore?
FIA has a good history of driving costs too high and ruining championships which almost happened going into this year. Costs need to come down and no one is really doing anything about it.

Not trying to be harsh, I just disagree with most of what you said.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3921734)   #640
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

It's like watching the previous round of the champions league followed by the last ten minutes of the next game. The grid placement seems random, cars are missing, other cars are full of tape and presumably damaged. How are we supposed to get into the sport?

I don't follow. Here in the UK there is TV coverage but I still watch full coverage of the qualifying races which they stream on Youtube & Facebook, as well as the Semi-Finals and Finals. Basically, it's possible to watch every Supercar race of a weekend in full. And usually RX2 as well.

Grid placement is actually pretty simple, albeit long winded. Random grids for Q1 (although this weekend was slightly different, the drivers chose their slot and the order they could choose in was a random draw). Q2 and Q3 are based on who was quickest in Q1 but it's randomly decided if races will be fastest first or slowest first. Q4 is based on who was quickest in Q3 with the fastest guys last. There is never fewer than 3 cars on the grid and they try to have as many 5 car races as possible. So 16 cars will be two races of three and two of 5. 17 cars will be 3,4,5,5 and 18 would be 3,5,5,5

And the FIA aren't the ones who dictate the TV, that's IMG who run the series.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3921849)   #641
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toomas Heikkinen told on Viasat TV channel that he will drive in the next FIAWorldRX race.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3921947)   #642
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Supercar entry lists for Loheac:

World Supercars (21)
Euro Supercars (30 & 1 reserve)
Old 3 Sep 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3925573)   #643
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Championship hotting up and the last few events have been quite entertaining. Basciuska was absolutely on it through the joker lap. Bakkerud should have won again but got too greedy trying to hold Gronholm off at the first corner, shame as he had the line.

Does seem that the Peugeots haven't had the same pace advantage that they had earlier in the year, but Kevin still seems to luck out to a decent finish.

Looking forward to Riga, first corner and joker merge are usually entertaining. Now with the added 'send' of Robin Larsson who has entered.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3925634)   #644
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Championship hotting up and the last few events have been quite entertaining. Basciuska was absolutely on it through the joker lap. Bakkerud should have won again but got too greedy trying to hold Gronholm off at the first corner, shame as he had the line.
Apparently them coming together locked up Bakkeruds steering so he couldn't turn in, thus going far too wide.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3925779)   #645
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Apparently them coming together locked up Bakkeruds steering so he couldn't turn in, thus going far too wide.
Hhmm, I'm not convinced (and I'm very much a Bakkerud fan). Looked to me that he was late, which is what caused them to come together.
Old 16 Sep 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3928278)   #646
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Another win for Timmy and just one point between the leaders before the last round.

With four event wins I daresay Timmy has earned the title but, despite what I have been told by various people, I am still struggling to warm to him. His whinge after winning Q3 sounded like a petulant child.

Bit belated, but I took a ton of pictures in France and various activities have prevented me from sorting through them sooner...

...as ever, full album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57710864027743

If anyone is interested in seeing more!
Old 16 Sep 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3928308)   #647
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
If a Hansen wins then I'd rather it was Timmy, he's easier to like than Bakkerud. I do find it quite wearing seeing Susann crying after ever event and stressing how they're a family team etc. Much as Doran is a knobend, I'd much rather see the Cartel do better.

Bonkers that we wait so long until the finale though. My mate is an occasional viewer (I convinced a group to do Riga last year and he enjoyed it enough to sometimes tune in), and he really couldn't understand the logic behind it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 16 Sep 2019, 15:30 (Ref:3928345)   #648
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched a hash of the Q runs on youtube.

Another track where there is so little dirt down, looked very much like France with sort of brushed concrete almost,

Wet weather made a bit of a difference, but no shock that this place is going, racing was pretty average, too narrow, too much stop start.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3928493)   #649
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
I quite like Riga as new tracks go. The first corner is usually entertaining, people can pull off good moves in T3 and the joker merge is neat. The two hairpins let it down but I still like to see it on the calendar, especially as it's well supported and a great event to go to.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Sep 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3928523)   #650
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
I watched a hash of the Q runs on youtube.

Another track where there is so little dirt down, looked very much like France with sort of brushed concrete almost,

Wet weather made a bit of a difference, but no shock that this place is going, racing was pretty average, too narrow, too much stop start.
Has Riga been dropped for 2020? First I’ve heard. I was there this weekend, and last year. Whilst I agree it’s another track without ‘proper’ loose, I think the layout itself works well and well and produces some overtaking. Much better than the likes of Silverstone.