Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Apr 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3900862)   #1426
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it keeps them in their mansions, and they have done some good for us. Although I can see why it is called the house of comedians
Old 30 Apr 2019, 22:59 (Ref:3900863)   #1427
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Portsmouth Ferry port - At that point I was given a severe lecture, refused entry, and made to walk back to my truck to retrieve the hi-viz. That made sense.....
So they shot themselves in the foot by not giving you a loan HiViz to take the perilous journey back the truck! :-)
Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3900866)   #1428
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ah well, c’est la vie. What do you expect?
Old 1 May 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3900906)   #1429
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
So they shot themselves in the foot by not giving you a loan HiViz to take the perilous journey back the truck! :-)
Come on, you don’t expect common sense to be applied, do you?

According to the media this morning, the PM is refusing to be rushed into announcing the next move, vote or whatever, on our exit....

In the meantime, better do some research on the MEP candidates I will be asked to vote for, or not!
Old 1 May 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3900911)   #1430
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm a bit worried that democracy is going to be bypassed because the government is refusing to rule out abandoning the European elections.

Whilst there is a possibility that we may stay in the EU past June it is imperative that people have their say. Democracy demands those elections go ahead, the public must have their say. We need to choose who represents us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 1 May 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3900916)   #1431
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm a bit worried that democracy is going to be bypassed
Old 1 May 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3900931)   #1432
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
The government understands Democracy, as well as my wife understands economy.
Old 1 May 2019, 09:44 (Ref:3900935)   #1433
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
The government understands Democracy, as well as my wife understands economy.

They also probably understand the Economy as well as your wife understands economy.
Old 1 May 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3900942)   #1434
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sometimes we've better learn, or try to learn, from what is not said or said abroad. Just now, several important govs are working hard about new regulations to apply after Brexit. I guess it means that now they take it seriously. Good news imo.
Gerry'Mo
PS Sorry for putting "gov'" and "working" in the same sentence!
Old 1 May 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3900943)   #1435
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Itr's no laughing matter Robyn. If the poll is cancelled there are going to be serious consequences. Serious indeed. I may have to cancel the night out I have planned on my wife's earnings as a poll clerk.

Old 1 May 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3900954)   #1436
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Itr's no laughing matter Robyn. If the poll is cancelled there are going to be serious consequences. Serious indeed. I may have to cancel the night out I have planned on my wife's earnings as a poll clerk.

That’s the attitude!

Just announced by Mr Grayling’s office that the ‘no deal’ ferry contracts are being cancelled. It’s only going to cost US £50 million....... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48117366

I hate to think how much the whole brexit debacle is going to cost taxpayers in immediate costs, let alone from the knock-on affect its going to have on the economy!
Old 1 May 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3900956)   #1437
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In truth, leave or stay, I doubt there will be much impact on the overall economy. Individuals and small businesses may feel a slight pinch in the event of staying since taxes will rise to cover the costs of paying the full levy to the EU. Plus the requirement to keep bailing out the less productive member states.
Old 1 May 2019, 12:30 (Ref:3900981)   #1438
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
According to the Times today, in Germany, those applying for citizenship are now marked down on their entrance test if their answer to the question "How many countries are there in the EU?" is not "27"..........

Always said the Germans were forward-thinking
Old 1 May 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3900986)   #1439
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
They also probably understand the Economy as well as your wife understands economy.
Come now Grant this government is very economical …… with the truth!
Old 1 May 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3901014)   #1440
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That’s the attitude!

Just announced by Mr Grayling’s office that the ‘no deal’ ferry contracts are being cancelled. It’s only going to cost US £50 million....... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48117366

I hate to think how much the whole brexit debacle is going to cost taxpayers in immediate costs, let alone from the knock-on affect its going to have on the economy!
It doesn't make a lot of difference what leaving or staying is costing us, no matter how much money the govt. may save by leaving (or staying) we, as a populace, will never see any of that money in the form of tax cuts or any other form in our pockets. The £350 million quoted by the brexit campaign was never going to see it's way to the NHS or any other service, savings made by us are always, to quote Boris, "spaffed up the wall" on other things.
Old 1 May 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3901017)   #1441
S griffin
Veteran

I think you're right there. It will make no difference to our pockets leaving, it will be spent elsewhere. The NHS lie was the worst and even Boris admits that
Old 1 May 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3901041)   #1442
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Come now Grant this government is very economical …… with the truth!
As governments go, that hardly makes this one unique though.......
Old 1 May 2019, 17:20 (Ref:3901046)   #1443
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

lolol
Old 1 May 2019, 22:06 (Ref:3901090)   #1444
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

I don't think it is possible for them to be economical with the truth when they have no idea what the "truth" is.

Nor, so far as one can ascertain, does not knowing worry them much. Indeed it might be seen a very positive benefit.
Old 1 May 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3901092)   #1445
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It doesn't make a lot of difference what leaving or staying is costing us, no matter how much money the govt. may save by leaving (or staying) we, as a populace, will never see any of that money in the form of tax cuts or any other form in our pockets. The £350 million quoted by the brexit campaign was never going to see it's way to the NHS or any other service, savings made by us are always, to quote Boris, "spaffed up the wall" on other things.

Boris's main claim to any form of competence, other than a good memory for 'the classics' in an historical context, is his knowledge and experience of "spaffing" other people's compulsory tax payments "up the wall".

I feel sure he would, when allowed, continue to deploy that knowledge and experience very effectively (from his point of view).
Old 2 May 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3901182)   #1446
S griffin
Veteran

Boris loves talking and has good knowledge, but he also knows the ins and outs of politics. To be fair I do agree with some of his views, if not all
Old 2 May 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3901204)   #1447
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the basis that; he does have an education; believes in what he says; and, there is no real alternative he gets my vote.
Old 2 May 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3902958)   #1448
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
http://www.votenone.org.uk/protest_votes_count.html
Old 2 May 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3901221)   #1449
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On the basis that; he does have an education; believes in what he says; and, there is no real alternative he gets my vote.

I certainly hope that was said in jest, or at least meant to be ironic.

The man's a sham, and he changes his mind/views almost as often as I change my socks!

Do you remember when he was standing as the candidate for Uxbridge that he said that he would lie down in front of the bulldozers to stop a third runway at Heathrow? Well, what does he do when the matter came to be voted on in the Commons? He jumps into an RAF transporter, and flies off to Iraq on an unscheduled day trip just to avoid having to through the voting lobby.

The man's a waste of space.
Old 2 May 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3901226)   #1450
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Like I said what's the alternative?

Not entirely in jest, we (you) appear to expect perfection, I don't. I do know that London improved greatly under his watch and is now dying again. Likewise whilst he's used certain means to avoid a vote, he's not the only one.

Who would you pick?