Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Jan 2023, 17:00 (Ref:4141536)   #101
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Here is the list of drivers

https://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/...VPq5kioMTiEJ4Y
Old 28 Jan 2023, 18:32 (Ref:4141546)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know Mike Rockenfeller and Jimmie Johnson, but who’s this Jenson chap?
Old 28 Jan 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4141570)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A couple retired guys and Rocky, good for a Sunday afternoon drive
Old 28 Jan 2023, 19:03 (Ref:4141592)   #104
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Who the heck could have predicted that 3rd driver???
Old 28 Jan 2023, 21:08 (Ref:4141712)   #105
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Some guy from England. Tell me how the caterers are going to deal with this! The German guy and American guy ain't gunna want no tea and crumpets

/

From a marketing stsndpoint, on a global stage like LeMans, it is an amazing lineup.

The late Bill France surely would approve. He was a marketing guy and this is some amazing marketing.
Old 29 Jan 2023, 02:11 (Ref:4141816)   #106
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jenson will bring his own crumpets.

You are right - great line up. The NASCAR guy, the Le Mans guy, and the F1 guy.

There must be a joke there. The NASCAR driver, the Le Mans driver, and the F1 driver walk into a pub. The barman asks "...
Old 30 Jan 2023, 01:49 (Ref:4142172)   #107
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd be interested to know the testing schedule for Jenson. I know Mike has done a lot of the testing so far and Jimmy has been in the car. But has Jenson? and will he come stateside to test? or is there a European testing program upcoming for him to get familiar with the car?
Old 30 Jan 2023, 08:19 (Ref:4142193)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'd be interested to know the testing schedule for Jenson. I know Mike has done a lot of the testing so far and Jimmy has been in the car. But has Jenson? and will he come stateside to test? or is there a European testing program upcoming for him to get familiar with the car?
From DSC -

"I haven’t driven the car yet, but I was at the test in Sebring watching and listening to all the information that the drivers were feeding back about the car and the big steps forward that they were making with the car was very impressive.” Button will drive the Camaro for the first time on Tuesday at Sebring.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 09:02 (Ref:4142195)   #109
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I wasn't expecting to see Jenson Button in this driver line up. It is going to be interesting to see how they get on.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 12:16 (Ref:4142204)   #110
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
From DSC -

"I haven’t driven the car yet, but I was at the test in Sebring watching and listening to all the information that the drivers were feeding back about the car and the big steps forward that they were making with the car was very impressive.” Button will drive the Camaro for the first time on Tuesday at Sebring.
Oh what fun! I imagine there is internal media that will chronical all of this to show all the hands that are involved in putting this project together and all the steps towards being on track at LeMans in June.

I hope there will be some footage of 'Jetson Bunson' in Sebring town during these testing days.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 13:26 (Ref:4142212)   #111
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
No special European testing programme needed for Jenson - he lives in California nowadays.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4142218)   #112
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
There must be a joke there. The NASCAR driver, the Le Mans driver, and the F1 driver walk into a pub. The barman asks "...
... what they want to drink or eat.

The F1 driver says: "An orange juice for me, a baguette for him, and a Jack Daniels for him."

The Le Mans driver says: "A double coffee for me, potatos for him, and a gallon of moonshine for him."

The Nascar driver says: "A draft beer for me, a martini for him, and a lemon for him."

The other two say: "What?"

The Nascar drivers replies: "Ain't you a lemon driver?"
Old 30 Jan 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4142229)   #113
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
From DSC -

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
No special European testing programme needed for Jenson - he lives in California nowadays.
I hadn't realized he lives in Cali, just figured Monaco was his new retirement home
Old 30 Jan 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4142263)   #114
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Nascar drivers replies: "Ain't you a lemon driver?"
Nice.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 01:04 (Ref:4142273)   #115
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
There is more info here: https://racer.com/2023/01/28/johnson...ry-at-le-mans/
Old 31 Jan 2023, 02:00 (Ref:4142275)   #116
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
And even more about the testing program here:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...rance-testing/

The car may or may not end up having a hybrid. Just getting to installing headlights now.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 02:30 (Ref:4142277)   #117
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
I don't think I knew John Doonan (former Mazda competition, now pres of IMSA) was as involved as he seems to be.

Last edited by skycafe; 31 Jan 2023 at 02:32. Reason: Bad typing
Old 31 Jan 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4142317)   #118
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO keen on hybrid for innovation sake for 56 space, all involved in US more cautious.

V8 sounded great last year and 3,000 miles or so in race (GTE pace) plus qualifying? etc is 2 1/2 times plus normal running so lots to do without worrying about hybrid.

Given BMW and Porsche changes at WE re uniform battery pack and all their testing miles - I’d much rather see and hear it all week and all race.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4142454)   #119
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Well gawd dam Cleetus! They gone dun installed sum headlights!

https://racer.com/2023/02/01/garage-...ar-at-daytona/

Old 2 Feb 2023, 02:48 (Ref:4142473)   #120
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Goes well, apparently

https://www.thedrive.com/news/nascar...around-daytona
Old 2 Feb 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4142487)   #121
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have they put windscreen wipers on and figured out what to do if that stuff we are not allowed to mention falls from the sky? Guess that is why they have hired Jenson

Sean
Old 2 Feb 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4142489)   #122
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
Have they put windscreen wipers on and figured out what to do if that stuff we are not allowed to mention falls from the sky? Guess that is why they have hired Jenson

Sean
Yes, and yes. They have had wet sessions during testing so have some experience of it, and as you can see in the first picture of the car with headlights there is indeed a wiper.

However, they are going to lose time in the pits with the drivers having to clamber in through the window and then a team member lean in to do up the belts etc. The video I have seen of it, whilst it wasn't done in anger, looked very slow and cumbersome.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 11:34 (Ref:4142498)   #123
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forget the regs at Le Mans, are you allowed to do anything else while driver change takes place? If so, I would have thought they'd be not too badly off with parallel activity, but if not it probably won't help. That said, they're in a class of 1, so it's probably manageable.

GTD pace (according to that article) sounds reasonable at this stage (more than reasonable, to be honest, a little surprising). What's the delta between GTD and GTE as will be at LM this year? There's a bit of a gap, presumably with GTE aero. Still, doesn't sound like they're going to be horribly embarrassed for pace; it'll be interesting to see where and how it generates it around LM.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 13:02 (Ref:4142505)   #124
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
I forget the regs at Le Mans, are you allowed to do anything else while driver change takes place? If so, I would have thought they'd be not too badly off with parallel activity, but if not it probably won't help. That said, they're in a class of 1, so it's probably manageable.

GTD pace (according to that article) sounds reasonable at this stage (more than reasonable, to be honest, a little surprising). What's the delta between GTD and GTE as will be at LM this year? There's a bit of a gap, presumably with GTE aero. Still, doesn't sound like they're going to be horribly embarrassed for pace; it'll be interesting to see where and how it generates it around LM.
Driver changes can be done at any time during a pitstop, however it's not possible to change tyres whilst refueling.

The pace isn't surprising as GT3/GTD is pegged back with BoP. I'm guessing the NASCAR is quick on the straight bits and crap in the wiggly bits, sector times comparison from Daytona would be interesting I'm sure.

I'm guessing for LM they will be somewhere around the tail end of GTE-AM times, no one will want them getting in the way of the battle up front of GTE-AM especially if my guess on how they generate their lap times is correct.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4142514)   #125
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beyond the Ferrari I genuinely think this is the car I'm most excited for at Le Mans. It's just brilliant! Let it hold up all the GT-Ams it wants haha.