Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Jun 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4116921)   #126
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
He means it's likely to get cut down tomorrow starting so far back.

Rather tiresome seeing you go after him on his every post.....
Not trying to 'go after' - just wondering what I might have missed that makes a 15 point lead 'go out in smoke' based on qualifying 20th?

Cook qualified 10th at Oulton (another circuit claimed to be RWD-friendly) and his lead only dropped by nine points over the weekend.

I'll admit, it would not be a surprised to see a different championship leader after this weekend, but there are plenty of cars on the grid that could challenge for resulted - meaning a big swing in points is not that certain.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4116922)   #127
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not trying to 'go after' - just wondering what I might have missed that makes a 15 point lead 'go out in smoke' based on qualifying 20th?

Cook qualified 10th at Oulton (another circuit claimed to be RWD-friendly) and his lead only dropped by nine points over the weekend.

I'll admit, it would not be a surprised to see a different championship leader after this weekend, but there are plenty of cars on the grid that could challenge for resulted - meaning a big swing in points is not that certain.
Cook is 20th with no boost

all his main rivals are ahead of him on the grid , one on pole and his biggest threat IMO on 2nd row (Tingram)

at the very least his lead will be slashed to just a few points but would be no surprise if we have a different championship leader after this
Old 25 Jun 2022, 17:27 (Ref:4116923)   #128
houston
Rookie

houston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No penalties for Turkingon's car not moving under it's own steam following post qualifying checks then?
Old 25 Jun 2022, 17:33 (Ref:4116924)   #129
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Cook is 20th with no boost

all his main rivals are ahead of him on the grid , one on pole and his biggest threat IMO on 2nd row (Tingram)

at the very least his lead will be slashed to just a few points but would be no surprise if we have a different championship leader after this
True - but at this stage I think it is too early to jump to conclusions.

We have seen how a lack of boost can make little difference to a result (Cook had no boost going into Oulton Park).
And his rivals being ahead of him will take points off each other potentially too.

As you say - a new leader would not be a surprise. But I still think Cook will be leading the championship after this weekend.
My prediction - a nine point lead for Cook over Turkington. Ingram a further three points back.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4116926)   #130
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
My prediction - a nine point lead for Cook over Turkington. Ingram a further three points back.
Just to expand on why I think this is a realistic proposition.

Cook could get up to (say) 13th in Race One.
A further move up to (say) 10th in Race Two.
Race Three (reverse grid) could see him get a 3rd place.

3+6+15 points in addition to his 29 points over Turkington currently and he is 53 points ahead of Turkington.
If Turkington gets two wins, then even with his bonus points he still needs 10 points from the 3rd race to catch Cook.

Likewise, assuming the same points for Cook, then if Ingram got three 4th place finishes they are level.

As I say - I don't think 20th prior to race one is that bad, when there is the 3rd race reverse grid in play.
20th after race one, and the weekend looks different (which could easily happen to Ingram or Turkington).
Old 25 Jun 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4116934)   #131
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cook was nowhere at Oulton park in the first two races. After the accident in race 3 he then inherited a lucky 3rd place. All the other main contenders where either out or at the back of the field at the end of the race.

Cook might be lucky to get a Tenth in the first race at best. BTC appear to have problems on all three cars at the present time.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4116942)   #132
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
Cook was nowhere at Oulton park in the first two races. After the accident in race 3 he then inherited a lucky 3rd place. All the other main contenders where either out or at the back of the field at the end of the race.

Cook might be lucky to get a Tenth in the first race at best. BTC appear to have problems on all three cars at the present time.
By nowhere, you mean 8th and 7th, moving forward in each race.

I'm suggesting 13th and 10th on a track that has more overtaking potential.
Old 25 Jun 2022, 22:53 (Ref:4116946)   #133
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are you predicting Sutton will no longer be in the top three?
Old 25 Jun 2022, 23:15 (Ref:4116947)   #134
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Are you predicting Sutton will no longer be in the top three?
Yes, but still close.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 07:20 (Ref:4116961)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a comeback from Colin from his Oulton smash in an old car to take pole and good to see Lloyd up there. Real shocker from Cookie there, way down the grid
Old 26 Jun 2022, 08:54 (Ref:4116973)   #136
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Just looking back on this situation - a further reason why I think that Cook's situation is not as bad as some are making out.

Compare to Oulton Park - Cook went into that weekend leading the championship.
The drivers in 2,3,4,6,7,8,9 and 10 in championship positions all qualified ahead of him in the top nine. The only driver outside of the top ten in the championship who didn't qualify in the top ten of the grid was Hill.

This qualifying, the drivers in 7,8 and 10 have all qualified outside of the top ten of the grid.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4116974)   #137
Heavyd123
Rookie

Heavyd123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round Five, Croft 25-26 Jun, Races 13,14&15

Think it’s only a matter of time until the Hyundais get the same boost treatment as btc racing have had…

I thought the ford focus development would be a bit a bit further ahead by mow aswell!
Old 26 Jun 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4116976)   #138
mick bennett
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
No penalties for Turkingon's car not moving under it's own steam following post qualifying checks then?

https://www.btcc.net/wp-content/uplo...ations_V2_.pdf

He is breach of

1.10.2.f.The car will then be pushed clear of the weighing area and when stationary the driver will be
instructed byaBTCC Technical Commissioner and/or BTCC Eligibility Scrutineer when to start the
engine using only energy stored on board.Any failure will be notified to the driverand team by
way of communication from aBTCCofficial.

Does'nt say what the BTCC official does at that point ???

Further on it says all times disallowed ? I wonder !!

Old 26 Jun 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4116977)   #139
mick bennett
Rookie

Quote:
By nowhere, you mean 8th and 7th, moving forward in each race.

I'm suggesting 13th and 10th on a track that has more overtaking potential.

He actually said himself the car was'nt running that well at the time .
Old 26 Jun 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4116982)   #140
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two rounds of Porsche Sprint... yippee.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4116983)   #141
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd123 View Post
Think it’s only a matter of time until the Hyundais get the same boost treatment as btc racing have had…
When did the BTC cars get a boost treatment?
I'm guessing it was applied to all M-Sport cars?
Old 26 Jun 2022, 10:53 (Ref:4116984)   #142
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
He actually said himself the car was'nt running that well at the time .
Do you mean at Oulton Park, or during qualifying?
Old 26 Jun 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4116985)   #143
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah amazing from Lloyd, really deserved that!

Gornall in the points too!
Old 26 Jun 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4116986)   #144
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well race one was dull.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4116989)   #145
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Well race one was dull.
they nearly always are

abnd it already happened! Cook leads just by 2 poins for Tingram and 9 from Sutton
Old 26 Jun 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4116990)   #146
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing turnaround for Lloyd, bet it's an extremely popular win. I cheered for Colin (that battle in the end was entertaining!) but very happy for Dan. Hopefully he can now safely finish the season.

But slowly I understand those who say race after race that BTCC's become somewhat boring this year. I mean, boring is too strong a word but it's not as action-packed as it used to be. On the other hand, the best drivers are usually somewhere up there, which I like, and there's no artificial stuff of option tyre and weights.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 12:02 (Ref:4116995)   #147
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post

But slowly I understand those who say race after race that BTCC's become somewhat boring this year.
it's from a couple of season like that

if you watch some season review from the 00s or early 10s (nevermind the 90s) you notice how much more action there was I think it comes down from the vocal crowed who was moaning about driving standards but now that they clamped down on that the racing action suffers as result
Old 26 Jun 2022, 12:04 (Ref:4116996)   #148
Evantra
Veteran

England
Wow, incredibly amateur there at the hairpin from the Porsches. Not sure why the grid of 11 cars is the one they want to show two races of... (obviously there are other reasons)
Old 26 Jun 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4116998)   #149
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
No. If the car is called in to be checked during the session and can't drive off the weighbridge under its own steam it will be penalised, but once the session is over, there's no requirement for the car to be able to drive away on its own.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 12:51 (Ref:4116999)   #150
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Wow, incredibly amateur there at the hairpin from the Porsches. Not sure why the grid of 11 cars is the one they want to show two races of... (obviously there are other reasons)
Racing incident in my view.
And you only need two cars to make a race. This Cayman race was no less exciting than the BTCC race.