Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3030747)   #1101
Gearhead Gav
Rookie

United States
Concord, CA
Gearhead Gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't know about this. This is pretty cool... I'll definitely be watching some live streaming. Wouldn't it be excellent if they did a World Endurance Series race at Bathurst?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 06:11 (Ref:3030755)   #1102
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm.... I hate to play conspiracy theorist, but does the event have secondary sponsorship from Pedigree? I've seen a few cars with the sticker on the from numberplate region....

...Which would make an interesting contrast on any VIP / Quinn mobile.

Maybe there was more to the decision than just Clipsal, and this may be why he has stated in an interview he wouldn't deal with the '******s' (I think that was the word he used...)
Old 25 Feb 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3030756)   #1103
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics pplater! Loving that Ferrari! Pure Pron! I thought the Merc was a beautiful race car but the Ferrari creams it imo

And how good is the ustream feed! Excellent jobs guys! Looking forward to watching the race from my garage tomorrow while I prepare my car for Easter
Old 25 Feb 2012, 06:15 (Ref:3030757)   #1104
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
I suspect that Ted's belts were most likely not as tight as they could have been.
Watching the incar I was thinking the same, no way he should have had that much movement if his belts and seat were secured correctly. That's really going to hurt tomorrow.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3030761)   #1105
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Q2

5 cars didnt go out, one couldnt, 4 chose not to... (including the Scudd Lamborghini & the Clearwater Ferrari...)

No official update on the grid yet... unofficially Speedcafe Here names the #1 Phoenix Audi to the pole...

Meantime Mr Baird confirms his 50kg weight penalty Here...

Presumably there will be an updated grid sheet sometime soon..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Feb 2012, 07:52 (Ref:3030765)   #1106
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ted is really sore, but the medic released him quite quickly as they were happy with him.

The seat is perfect and did a good job of dispersing energy. His belts were tight as per normal.

If he'd been held perfectly still the crash could well have killed him.

It was driver error, no car problem.

The car is destroyed and will probably be re-shelled.

The amount if sideways movement is a result of a loose fitting driver suit, soft flesh, and sheer physics.

Data is sampled at only 100hz, and you need 1000 or more for impact analysis, we saw 11g, but it could have been 20.

The gps speed was 80kmh sideways at impact.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3030766)   #1107
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top three was the black Audi (last year's winners), and the two Ferraris. Scud Lambo fourth, with the Mercs, white Audis and Tinkler GT3 taking things from there. Fastest laps from Bairdo and Simonsen were not counted though. It's a weIrd way to do qually, I'm glad the race has no restrictions on times, pit stops etc.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3030767)   #1108
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Ted is really sore, but the medic released him quite quickly as they were happy with him.

The seat is perfect and did a good job of dispersing energy. His belts were tight as per normal.

It was driver error, no car problem.

The car is destroyed and will probably be re-shelled.

The amount if sideways movement is a result of a loose fitting driver suit, soft flesh, and sheer physics.

Data is sampled at only 100hz, and you need 1000 or more for impact analysis, we saw 11g, but it could have been 20.

The gps speed was 80kmh sideways at impact.
Glad Mr Huglin is ok FF... it was a heavy impact, shown even worse by the incar footage
Old 25 Feb 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3030773)   #1109
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Glad Mr Huglin is ok FF... it was a heavy impact, shown even worse by the incar footage
Thanks. Ted is one of the greatest most inspiring guys you could ever meet.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3030775)   #1110
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
That is a good point. Better his entire body moved sideways rather than just his internals. Great to hear he's OK
Old 25 Feb 2012, 08:41 (Ref:3030783)   #1111
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pplater, being a photographer myself I am very critical of photos in general, but yours here are simply amazing. I couldn't make it there this weekend but seeing your photos excites me as though I had shot them myself.

Thanks for sharing, awesome job.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3030797)   #1112
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
So, fwiw we're now cheering for simonsen and co firstly, but we've loaned scudd our tools, fuel rig, wheels etc, and wish him and crew all the best too.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3030802)   #1113
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Any 75 year old with the gonads to pilot a GT3 car around Bathurst gets a huge thumbs up in my book. My Pa sucumbed to cancer at 77, but at 75 he was crusing the streets of Ballarat in his FC doing no more than 30mph!

Glad to hear he's ok and hopefully it's not his last time on a racetrack.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3030806)   #1114
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
So, fwiw we're now cheering for simonsen and co firstly, but we've loaned scudd our tools, fuel rig, wheels etc, and wish him and crew all the best too.
Nice stuff.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:42 (Ref:3030823)   #1115
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
Great pics pplater! Loving that Ferrari! Pure Pron! I thought the Merc was a beautiful race car but the Ferrari creams it imo

And how good is the ustream feed! Excellent jobs guys! Looking forward to watching the race from my garage tomorrow while I prepare my car for Easter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
pplater, being a photographer myself I am very critical of photos in general, but yours here are simply amazing. I couldn't make it there this weekend but seeing your photos excites me as though I had shot them myself.

Thanks for sharing, awesome job.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. Glad you liked the pics
Old 25 Feb 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3030832)   #1116
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
any seat belt bruising?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3030836)   #1117
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good on you guys for doing that. Hope Scud and team do well tomorrow.

Great pics pplater, can we get the Clearwater pic in a bigger size please?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3030838)   #1118
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Panorama's Suzuki Swift rocketship.... he might need to give the commentary team a touch up, who were quite unkind about the livery design....

Hey, I don't care what they think. I made the TV coverage and it obviously stood out as I was waaaaay down the back having an absolute ball in the little rocket and they decide to show me
Have to wait for the DVD package that we get.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3030952)   #1119
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
any seat belt bruising?
Some around the side of his neck.

If anything, his lap and crutch belts were tighter than normal due to the slight compromise required for all the drivers, but his shoulder belts were set to his preference by himself.

When he got back from medical he said the biggest problem was that he couldn't see well. His glasses were missing. A brief search found them jammed at the base of the windscreen on top of the dash, along with a vent cap from his helmet.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:42 (Ref:3030967)   #1120
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I witnessed the crash 1st hand. Ted seemed to be headed down the centre of the track, not blindingly fast, but then it seemed not to want to slow enough for Hell corner....no brake lock ups (ABS I assume) & then it's turning slightly left, heading for the sand trap. I assumed it woud simply stop/bog itself in the sand, & then WHAACK...the biggest side-on impact I have heard in a long time. The sector marshall jumped the fence. looked inside the RH door & signalled for Medical help immediately. That was worrying.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3030980)   #1121
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looks like the #91 Bell Heavy Haulage Falcon didnt make the 130% time cut... so 25 starters it is...
Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3030984)   #1122
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Pretty bloody quick for so early in the morning... qualifying pace with a full belly of fuel!

Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:36 (Ref:3030988)   #1123
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Better with a brand on the nose...
Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3030990)   #1124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Its very dark just before the start... sun is out now... nice
Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3030992)   #1125
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Lap record.... Goneski!! Leaders having fun with the traffic.. already!