Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1361985)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Craig Baird's Team Mate For 2006 Is......

... the subject of much discussion at this weekend's V8Supercar round at Willowbank Raceway.

Whispers from the powder room have suggested that the comments made on today's V8 telecast on #10 were more than poignant about a particular team as they are likely to have ramifications on the driving staff in one the cars next year.

Imagine for a moment... that a former Level2 V8Supercar team has an exclusive contract with an engine preparer for Ford Supercar powerplants used in this series, and indeed currently supplies the 2 cars that team still runs in the HPDC Development series.

Imagine too that a Level 1 V8Supercar team who has bleated long and hard about engine performance, has let slip about an engine supply deal, as discussed on the Seriously telecast.

Imagine that perhaps the only way the Level 1 V8Supercar team could contract with the engine builder was to placate the current contract holders.... especially after some interesting disharmony regarding personnel changing teams during season 2004 as well.

Imagine too that the driver/namesake of the HPDC team with these engines has been rumoured to be replaced by another driver from a different team, that may have been discussed here sometime last weekend, and seemingly finds himself without a drive in season 2006.

It seems the word from the whisperers has an interesting deal in play.

An engine supply line to a well noted drag racing product supplier for the Level 1 V8Supercar team, in return for a main series drive in 2006 for the HPDC team namesake, to replace someone who has had a couple of seasons in that team... and whose boss has recently spent time in public (on RPM at the very least) bagging him......

1 + 2 = 5 .... or not... if indeed any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Jul 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1361993)   #2
White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
... the subject of much discussion at this weekend's V8Supercar round at Willowbank Raceway.

Whispers from the powder room have suggested that the comments made on today's V8 telecast on #10 were more than poignant about a particular team as they are likely to have ramifications on the driving staff in one the cars next year.

Imagine for a moment... that a former Level2 V8Supercar team has an exclusive contract with an engine preparer for Ford Supercar powerplants used in this series, and indeed currently supplies the 2 cars that team still runs in the HPDC Development series.

Imagine too that a Level 1 V8Supercar team who has bleated long and hard about engine performance, has let slip about an engine supply deal, as discussed on the Seriously telecast.

Imagine that perhaps the only way the Level 1 V8Supercar team could contract with the engine builder was to placate the current contract holders.... especially after some interesting disharmony regarding personnel changing teams during season 2004 as well.

Imagine too that the driver/namesake of the HPDC team with these engines has been rumoured to be replaced by another driver from a different team, that may have been discussed here sometime last weekend, and seemingly finds himself without a drive in season 2006.

It seems the word from the whisperers has an interesting deal in play.

An engine supply line to a well noted drag racing product supplier for the Level 1 V8Supercar team, in return for a main series drive in 2006 for the HPDC team namesake, to replace someone who has had a couple of seasons in that team... and whose boss has recently spent time in public (on RPM at the very least) bagging him......

1 + 2 = 5 .... or not... if indeed any of this actually happened
Whispers or Riddles? Talk about beating around the bush!!!!!

Old 24 Jul 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1361999)   #3
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie, lock in C, Steve Ellery to WPS in 2006.
Old 24 Jul 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1362009)   #4
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah beat me to it...The former Level 2 currently running 2 cars in HPDC was obviously SER, then the later part confirmed Ellery. But let's wait and see, personally I didn't read the whole thread as it talked in riddles and was hard to follow.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 00:39 (Ref:1362446)   #5
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Batting way less than 1000 at the moment GTR but it is an interesting proposition.

Poor Ellery, one year he has to pay for his ride (allegedly) next year he has to organize engines to keep a ride Did on ok job yesterday but needs a few more to keep in frame for the 88 seat. Could Canto be back in Betta colours next year?

Besnard might end up in the TA Champ car, that was his last decent, sensible drive (discounting yesterday ). The fish Liqour car actually looked ok, maybe cahnge of paint will bring a change of fortune.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1362450)   #6
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about Liquor sponsorship, was that Craig Gores attempt at getting the focus away from all the slagging that WPS gets?

Last edited by hml2777; 25 Jul 2005 at 00:51. Reason: spelling
Old 25 Jul 2005, 02:29 (Ref:1362467)   #7
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guessing The Result again???? Me thinks your powder room is filled with Talc not Gunpowder. 13th Bezzy and 16th Bairdo with those supposed crap chassis and with Saucy new front lumps on the way. Not a bad result and perhaps the bagging you refer to should be considered motivational. There were many new aspects to the team on the weekend as part of the continueing building process for our future success but as a student of this great sport I would have thought you would have noticed them.
Old 28 Jul 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1365383)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two weeks, two stories... replications each... coincidence??

I fully expect to see a similar sentiment voiced to the editor of that august journal Bazil.....
Old 28 Jul 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1366135)   #9
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
G.T.R,

I am sorry but where in that poetic licence riddled piece of fiction is a conformation of either driver change or engine deal clauses that include a steer for a particular driver.Because a drivers contract is up at the end of a season and because the results may not have reflected expectation does that mean a team or team owner cant express concern or apply an amount of pressure on that person to perform better or else. Without providing you with too many facts of the inner workings of the team(because I am sure as a student you would already know) the driver you are refering to is an employee and like anyone in a job needs to perform certain duties to a satisfactory level to justify their salary and posistion. That said it should be noted that the interview was conducted before the race and I am sure would have made much more interesting reading had the driver in question not performed as well as he did. You of all people should know to never believe everything you read..
Old 28 Jul 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1366176)   #10
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
G.T.R,
You of all people should know to never believe everything you read..
touche
Old 29 Jul 2005, 00:53 (Ref:1366227)   #11
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
GTR
If youhave something to add.. just say it. If you cant say it clearly, stow it.
This has rings of my 6 year oldkidsaying "I know a secret, nyarr nyarr nyarr"

Besides most of what you said can openly stated. You said:
"Imagine too that a Level 1 V8Supercar ..... has let slip about an engine supply deal, as discussed on the Seriously telecast." If they have said it then not just say
"recently xyz racing stated on channel10 that"

I guess if you make it vague enough, you can deny that what you meant if it is wrong and twist it to meananything so you are always right. You talk like a lwyer or accountant. lots of words that could mean anything, but really mean nothing.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 02:47 (Ref:1366256)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
You talk like a lwyer or accountant. lots of words that could mean anything, but really mean nothing.
You planning a career in politics by any chance, GTR?
Old 29 Jul 2005, 06:48 (Ref:1366313)   #13
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
GTR
I guess if you make it vague enough, you can deny that what you meant if it is wrong and twist it to meananything so you are always right. You talk like a lwyer or accountant. lots of words that could mean anything, but really mean nothing.
Now I take offence to that I have a Law/Commerce degree so I cant sit on the fence.

GTR

I thought you would have learnt a lesson with the BJR run in.

It is often said any fool can critisze and most do.

I'm with Bathurst77...if you have something to say...just say it.

It is not like you could do a better job...you couldn't fit in the drivers seat
Old 29 Jul 2005, 09:55 (Ref:1366432)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I have 2 choices.... I can take offence to all of that and start hitting the warnings button.... or just close the thread

Guess which one I shall choose???
Closed Thread