Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jun 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1326285)   #1
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the lead Falcons lacking outright speed now?

It was quite apparent that a healthy BAs could not hold a candle to the speed of a healthy VZ.

Ambrose and Lowndes could not really be compared in speed to the HRT VZs.

Whats going to happen?--- no im not going to mention that word -i know Falcons are leading the championship BUT the table has turned now for all to see after this weekend.

What Falcon could have a chance of catching Todd for a dice,

and the same would have applied for Skaife if he had not damaged his car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1326735)   #2
monaroCountry
Racer

monaroCountry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CL was running pretty well, moving up the field.........before his problems. I guess Mr. Ambrose didnt adopt to the track as fast as the other drivers (not a good sign for his trip to the US next year).
Old 12 Jun 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1326823)   #3
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose was on the pace in the last race - the drive thru didn't help his points though.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1326827)   #4
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's always been the same deal with high speed tracks though hasn't it. How much time were the Fords loosing on the bowl leading onto the back straight?? & that speed loss is carried all the way down the 1.4 km straight.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1326839)   #5
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that CL was the fastest man on the track, but a clutch failure killed the fun.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 23:47 (Ref:1326879)   #6
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Holden teams are finally getting a handle on their 'new' cars.
No one really had them cracking since project blueprint was introduced. Maybe too many changes at once for the Holden guys?
They've had a couple of years with them now, and they're coming to terms with that new front suspension, and their finally getting some speed and reliability out the new engines.
I think the lead teams Holdens have caught up to the lead teams Fords, and we've got some pretty evenly matched cars out there now!!
Old 13 Jun 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1326895)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take a look at the HRT cars though... jets off the lights (well one of them...) then gap the field, time for a stop, then the tyres start to go away..... and they look a bit sad on the circuit. The HRT version seems to be pretty quick in a straight line, better than the Perkins example...

The BA Falcons had 1 contender... again... Mr Ambrose was fighting his car, and indeed team strategy, and an errant orange cone... so its not particularly a speed thing.

The thing I still dont get, in a race where the tyres are tortured, why more of the fast guys arent trying a strategy like the one Mr Ritter & Mr Morris employed, to be in front for as long as possible, then go out on fresh tyres with a lower fuel load....

On the length of the lap, it should have yielded a top 5 result regardless....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jun 2005, 00:40 (Ref:1326911)   #8
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the track suited the Holden runners more , just like Eastern Creek suits the Fords . Although Ambrose was quick in the first race .
Old 13 Jun 2005, 00:50 (Ref:1326915)   #9
Lowndesfan6
Racer

Lowndesfan6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CL was all over TK at the start of R2 till the clutch went.
He may well have won it.

As for R3, he probably would have got P3 given the performance of Murphy who was behind CL.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 01:16 (Ref:1326920)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And if your mother was your father, your sister would be your brother....

Its a shame 888 are still having silly component failures after all this time... Mr Ellery's car hasnt been a picture of reliability either...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Jun 2005, 01:20 (Ref:1326921)   #11
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as i understand the holdens have always had slightly better mid corner grip then the fords. and a this circuit with so many longer corners it is no wonder the holden's were faster.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1326927)   #12
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Bathurst might be another foregone conclusion to the red team. This rear wing parity situation doesn't get addressed because of SBR's success on the tighter circuits.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 04:08 (Ref:1326982)   #13
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be interesting to see a mid-straight speed trap. But it did appear that the HRT cars were markedly quicker in a straight line than the SBR cars (from what you could tell from the in-car shots).

I was even thinking that even though TKR said they were substantailly down on power, the Rat wasn't getting dropped by Amrbose by alot in a straight line (from what i could tell by the coverage).
Old 13 Jun 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1327041)   #14
Docker
Rookie

Docker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think these Holden people are getting very carried away at the moment. They have had one dominant weekend all year. Ford dominated Adelaide and Eastern Creek.

I do not think the SBR engine was as efficient on the chinese fuel than the HMS units. It was a lower octane fuel.

Lowndes and Ambrose cars were the fastest cars on low fuel loads at the end of the races. They looked after their tyres. Unfortunatly they were involved in incidents and did not qualify as well.

Ambrose will win Bathurst. Ambrose will win the championship.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 07:41 (Ref:1327075)   #15
Rob 18
Racer

Rob 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do believe Ambrose will win the series but unfortunately Ford will be only a contender for a place at Mt Panorama. Holden have their name on that trophy for the forseeable future untill someone does something about evening up the aero..
Old 13 Jun 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1327126)   #16
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Shanghai was a very good indicator for Bathurst. Long straights and flowing corners seem to help if you have that superior front downforce. Just like last year, expect a Holden whitewash at Mt P. Onl y accidents and stupidity (see 2004) can prevent this. Phillip Island might be a benefit too.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1327150)   #17
stmorri
Veteran

That's the problem with this parity formula, if you are lacking in a certain area there is no way you can do anything about it. You have to have approval to change this and approval to change that, and there isn't real parity in project blueprint otherwise both the red and blue teams would be running the same rear wing. It just goes to show what a great job SBR have done to win 2 consecutive championships with inferior aero! I think that TC and the boys want either Ford or Holden to win the championship and the other to win Bathurst so that both sides win something......a staged event to some extent and no real contest......just keep both sides happy.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1327171)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GTRMagic]And if your mother was your father, your sister would be your brother...

[QUOTE]

Well said GTR....I have been waiting for that lingering word, dare I say it when we aka Holden win one...P P P Parity
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1327180)   #19
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker
I think these Holden people are getting very carried away at the moment. They have had one dominant weekend all year. Ford dominated Adelaide and Eastern Creek.

I do not think the SBR engine was as efficient on the chinese fuel than the HMS units. It was a lower octane fuel.

Lowndes and Ambrose cars were the fastest cars on low fuel loads at the end of the races. They looked after their tyres. Unfortunatly they were involved in incidents and did not qualify as well.

Ambrose will win Bathurst. Ambrose will win the championship.

With a name like Docker and comments like that...It says it all !

Of course I follow Holden AND the Eagles
Old 13 Jun 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1327319)   #20
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
That's the problem with this parity formula, if you are lacking in a certain area there is no way you can do anything about it. You have to have approval to change this and approval to change that, and there isn't real parity in project blueprint otherwise both the red and blue teams would be running the same rear wing. It just goes to show what a great job SBR have done to win 2 consecutive championships with inferior aero! I think that TC and the boys want either Ford or Holden to win the championship and the other to win Bathurst so that both sides win something......a staged event to some extent and no real contest......just keep both sides happy.
Well said stmorri!!!

Really >>>>>is it fair if Falcon has no chance of DICING FOR THE LEAD at Mount Panorama ????????????

after all it is 1 9 9 8 since they won --and Bathurst is what everyone really relates to.

Holden won 1999,2000,2001,2002, 2003, 2004 and its sure looking like 2005

the way the lead Falcons went at China on the long fast circuits compared to the lead VZ of Todd Kelly

-is that racing ?- not having the speed(inferior aero?? who knows) on those tracks-

we really cant have a continual whitewash for the benefit of the category-

BOTH MAKES should be able to dice AT THE FRONT!
Old 13 Jun 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1327769)   #21
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many times have there been a Ford in a race winning position at Bathurst over the past decade only to lose it due to a crash or mechanical failure?
Old 13 Jun 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1327847)   #22
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ambrose did the 2nd fastest lap of the weekend (Todd the 1st)

no lack of pace there at all really, just took a bit longer to get their head around.

New diff ratio at bathurst this year, means that everyone will be trying new stuff they havent had to try in the past
Old 14 Jun 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1327900)   #23
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New diff ratio.. What top speed on Conrod are we expecting ?

What speed did they push down the long China straight ?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1327944)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
they are expecting high 290s to low 300s. the tech heads have worked out a theoritacal maximum but i cant remmeber what it was (296kmh maybe)
Old 14 Jun 2005, 04:37 (Ref:1327952)   #25
stmorri
Veteran

I think I remember 303km/h being mentioned.