Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 25 Sep 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3930115)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
And... I guess I don't count...

Old 25 Sep 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3930116)   #102
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And... I guess I don't count...

Aaaaaand I keep thinking that you're from Gainseville, GA, not Greenville, SC.
Old 25 Sep 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3930126)   #103
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
you're killing it with the Seinfeld stuff today
Old 25 Sep 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3930139)   #104
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Since you won't be there on Wednesday, it would be pretty $hitty to ask you to buy a bunch of stuff for the campsite for us to use until you get there on Friday.
That being said, I fully expect the moonshine pickles & some German dishes.
Fair enough. I know I'm a borderline trespasser anyway.

By not showing up until Friday maybe I can be the guy to bring stuff that you start running low on, charcoal, ice, booze (although I've seen how you guys roll and I doubt you'd ever run out).

Pickles will be acquired (for better or for worse).
Old 25 Sep 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3930147)   #105
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
nah homie.
yer fam. We've always got a patch of nice green grass reserved for your stuff when you get there.

Or, as broadrun96 calls it: toxic weird green sh-tuff
Old 25 Sep 2019, 22:56 (Ref:3930148)   #106
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
nah homie.
yer fam. We've always got a patch of nice green grass reserved for your stuff when you get there.

Or, as broadrun96 calls it: toxic weird green sh-tuff
Yes. Still trying to figure that out. Looking to be nice and hard and clay like in T4!! Or slick as goose ****.... depending

Quote:

By not showing up until Friday maybe I can be the guy to bring stuff that you start running low on, charcoal, ice, booze (although I've seen how you guys roll and I doubt you'd ever run out).

Pickles will be acquired (for better or for worse).
These guys are always good. Borderline trespasses who bring their own shyte, the willingness to get highly intoxicated and bring extra supplies. Pretty sure broadrun has at least a quarter ton of charcoal hidden away somewhere in T4.

Always welcome. We'll find each other no matter what
Old 25 Sep 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3930149)   #107
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
you're killing it with the Seinfeld stuff today
As long as I'm accurate and at least person smiles. That's all I've ever strived for in life. Well, to a point...
Old 26 Sep 2019, 00:17 (Ref:3930157)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes. Still trying to figure that out. Looking to be nice and hard and clay like in T4!! Or slick as goose ****.... depending

These guys are always good. Borderline trespasses who bring their own shyte, the willingness to get highly intoxicated and bring extra supplies. Pretty sure broadrun has at least a quarter ton of charcoal hidden away somewhere in T4.

Thankfully I haven't brought a mini-ex yet and dug a provisions pit under the tree to store everything. Doubt they'd even notice or just give me the head nod like they did when I was dragging a 10' limb in to the woods last year on Tuesday. They didn't even slow down
Old 26 Sep 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3930223)   #109
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Thankfully I haven't brought a mini-ex yet and dug a provisions pit under the tree to store everything. Doubt they'd even notice or just give me the head nod like they did when I was dragging a 10' limb in to the woods last year on Tuesday. They didn't even slow down
In a few years Andrew will have chopped down the oak tree and replaced with a hallow replica to store supplies in. That is when we have reached the peak at turn 4
Old 26 Sep 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3930224)   #110
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In a few years Andrew will have chopped down the oak tree and replaced with a hallow replica to store supplies in. That is when we have reached the peak at turn 4
I REALLY want to prune the hell out of that thing and get some height and more light through it. And a water cistern under the site to irrigate some clover and stop the dirt patch. But I think they would notice that.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3930228)   #111
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
In a few years Andrew will have chopped down the oak tree
That reminds me....
many years ago, there was a relatively large pine that totally blocked our view of turn 10b exit from our campsite.
I don't remember the year, but it was 3Am'ish that someone ( I have no clue who it might have been) acquired a chainsaw and made the obstacle disappear. It was quite the Copperfield moment, and all rejoiced.
Attached Thumbnails
tree.jpg  
Old 26 Sep 2019, 22:59 (Ref:3930280)   #112
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope it rains next week but I'm not optimistic. I think we'll be dealing with a lot of dust and heat.

I did receive a new 65 qt cooler today so one thing down, everything left to go.
Old 26 Sep 2019, 23:55 (Ref:3930290)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I hope it rains next week but I'm not optimistic. I think we'll be dealing with a lot of dust and heat.

I did receive a new 65 qt cooler today so one thing down, everything left to go.
Nice, what did you get?

And yeah, I think it's gonna be a dusty dusty mess. Hopefully the heat breaks and I'm almost ok with even low 80s for the highs
Old 27 Sep 2019, 00:21 (Ref:3930294)   #114
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Nice, what did you get?

And yeah, I think it's gonna be a dusty dusty mess. Hopefully the heat breaks and I'm almost ok with even low 80s for the highs
It's a Siberian. I don't know much about them but it was the prettiest and came with the accessories I wanted. It appears to be built very well. We'll see!
Old 27 Sep 2019, 00:32 (Ref:3930295)   #115
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
It's a Siberian. I don't know much about them but it was the prettiest and came with the accessories I wanted. It appears to be built very well. We'll see!
Always a plus, and everyone seems to get a copy hours after the "leader's" version hits the shelves. Love my trays in my cooler to keep stuff dry, would never go back to without
I like the clean side design of it. I like my Otterboxes but the handles kill me, it's an extra 6" of space for no reason really other than not wanting the rope handles of Yeti. Especially after Yeti sued and won saying they copyrighted rope handle coolers and made Rtic redesign.

I like these guys for my cooler, kept everything cold all week at The Mitty and keep things cold under the cover of my truck for a week after the wedding. Got home and they were still cold and beers were cold 5 days later without being fully frozen.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...b_b_asin_title

Last edited by broadrun96; 27 Sep 2019 at 00:41.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3930299)   #116
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Always a plus, and everyone seems to get a copy hours after the "leader's" version hits the shelves. Love my trays in my cooler to keep stuff dry, would never go back to without
I like the clean side design of it. I like my Otterboxes but the handles kill me, it's an extra 6" of space for no reason really other than not wanting the rope handles of Yeti. Especially after Yeti sued and won saying they copyrighted rope handle coolers and made Rtic redesign.

I like these guys for my cooler, kept everything cold all week at The Mitty and keep things cold under the cover of my truck for a week after the wedding. Got home and they were still cold and beers were cold 5 days later without being fully frozen.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...b_b_asin_title
Oh sweet, thanks for the link! I forgot about those!

The outside sides and bottom are also slick which is what sold it. I like to keep my stuff clean and that really helps. This has hand holds on each side in addition to the ropes, but it will be completely unmanageable by myself when full anyway.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 02:20 (Ref:3930306)   #117
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Oh sweet, thanks for the link! I forgot about those!

The outside sides and bottom are also slick which is what sold it. I like to keep my stuff clean and that really helps. This has hand holds on each side in addition to the ropes, but it will be completely unmanageable by myself when full anyway.
I figure I've spent more than 50 bucks on ice just to fill the empty space and 2 of those plus a small bag of ice kept ice for 5 days and the ice was rock hard when I got home Sunday.

And know what ya mean, it's not long before I'm going to be done in trying to lift my coolers from the truck. They're 40lbs empty but I'm thinking the cart will be a Christmas request. Plus Morgan has one for her business now too so the cart will get used.
Old 27 Sep 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3930393)   #118
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Yeah, it's looking pretty dang dry.
Attached Thumbnails
dustbowl.PNG  
Old 27 Sep 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3930397)   #119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Yeah, it's looking pretty dang dry.
But cooling down! i'm going to freeze!
Old 27 Sep 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3930457)   #120
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Bring the cool weather!

I need a cooler. Probably won't buy one...
Old 27 Sep 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3930460)   #121
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Bring the cool weather!

I need a cooler. Probably won't buy one...
I would expect nothing less of you. Wouldn't be Petit without you drifting in, slamming that van into a grill and 2 flag poles, stagger out, pour a Guiness and stomp around in the dust like Pigpen with Crocs or sandals just before the bog boys come out on Thursday like you own the place
Old 27 Sep 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3930463)   #122
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I would expect nothing less of you. Wouldn't be Petit without you drifting in, slamming that van into a grill and 2 flag poles, stagger out, pour a Guiness and stomp around in the dust like Pigpen with Crocs or sandals just before the bog boys come out on Thursday like you own the place
It'll be flip flops this year. And I do own the place!

I did check out JH's cooler selection. Seems reasonable.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3930567)   #123
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
More than a few improvements underway still at the track.
The entire road from vendor village to the crossover is blocked off and removed. Looks like paving next week.
Lots of large hospitality buildings going up around the track.
New plantings to take up camping spaces as well, including camellias that flower over the winter. You know, when everyone is racing.
Looks like they're going to have to fix some drainage access or they've decided that cap will never float away again.
Drift event at Lanier and they're grading up to the wall for parking backed up to the fence it looks like. Lanier is packed for the event already at 945.

And all the open "grass"at 4 and two guys are camping in my spot under the tree. And yes, it's still all clay

Last edited by broadrun96; 28 Sep 2019 at 13:56.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3930581)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
More than a few improvements underway still at the track.
The entire road from vendor village to the crossover is blocked off and removed. Looks like paving next week.
Lots of large hospitality buildings going up around the track.
New plantings to take up camping spaces as well, including camellias that flower over the winter. You know, when everyone is racing.
Looks like they're going to have to fix some drainage access or they've decided that cap will never float away again.
Drift event at Lanier and they're grading up to the wall for parking backed up to the fence it looks like. Lanier is packed for the event already at 945.

And all the open "grass"at 4 and two guys are camping in my spot under the tree. And yes, it's still all clay
Yeah. Stop planting trees. Try grass. Looks good though.
Old 28 Sep 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3930597)   #125
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
We just left the track. Tower looks great

Sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator