Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2483941)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cutting corners

We saw the use of the "white line" rule this year.

Does anyone know how many people got warned and penalised for "failing to respect the track limits"?
I remember a couple of Ferraris. Salo and in the fifth hour was warned and served a stop-go. Bruni got just a warning a little after?

Did anyone see what they did. It must have been repetative, but where was the favoured place to cut the corner? Ford chicane?

Last edited by Adam43; 15 Jun 2009 at 20:01. Reason: changed "implimentation" to "use" to avoid confusion.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2483964)   #2
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's always been a rule, I think in 2006 Darren Turner was "done" for it in the Aston. I think the main place where cars cut over the white lines is the Mulsanne Kink - it can't be the ford chicane, the only way you can go over the white lines is for the curbs (which is perfectly reasonable) or on the grass (which certainly gains no advantage).
Old 15 Jun 2009, 19:25 (Ref:2483982)   #3
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I saw the #8 cut the Dunlop chicane at least once without slowing down afterwards (it had some time to make up afterall...) but they weren't penalised.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 19:51 (Ref:2483991)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It's always been a rule,...
Well not always. It was introduced after the puncture year IIRC.
Old 15 Jun 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2484049)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
The marshalls at Mulsanne were working overtime replacing bollards! Was quite fun to watch as the inside marshalls had no view of the track so had to rely on the ones outside and their whistle...

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.