Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Aug 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2522877)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it significant that Mr Skaife has taken on the role of driver manager for Mr Holdsworth, according to MeN?

Presumably this gives him a good shot of getting the 'right value' out of Mr Rogers, or perhaps something better up Clayton way
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 17 Aug 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2523007)   #27
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is it significant that Mr Skaife has taken on the role of driver manager for Mr Holdsworth, according to MeN?

Presumably this gives him a good shot of getting the 'right value' out of Mr Rogers, or perhaps something better up Clayton way
Interesting...I'd say Holdsworth will definately learn alot from Skaifey. Not all good, however...
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 17 Aug 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2523042)   #28
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaifey would be great as a mentor, definatly one of the best but with all due respect to Skaifey his business ventures havn't been that fruitful so that would worry me abit.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 04:00 (Ref:2523447)   #29
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reynolds hasn't been super quick in a V8SC, could Reynolds go into a Murphy-style reserve and enduro role while Holdsworth gets poles and wins on-board for #24 to keep the Bundaberg Rum marketing dept happy?
Old 1 Sep 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2532818)   #30
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beretta mentioned on Sunrise this morning that Russell Ingall is to make an announcement on his future today. Apparently he is expected to sign with PMM for another few years, but who knows? He is the oldest driver in the field after all.....
Old 2 Sep 2009, 02:36 (Ref:2532871)   #31
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
re-signed for 2 more along with SCA and the technical alliance announced, link.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 10:44 (Ref:2533018)   #32
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Good news for PMM and T8. T8 obviously wanted to stay QLD-based.
Well done to Rusty as well. He's one of my hero's for sure.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 4 Sep 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2534274)   #33
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Reynolds hasn't been super quick in a V8SC
I think we expect far too much of young blokes stepping up in their first year. I actually think DR has been quite impressive at times and see a bright future for him.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2534333)   #34
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
I think we expect far too much of young blokes stepping up in their first year. I actually think DR has been quite impressive at times and see a bright future for him.
especially at Townsville he performed really well when the playing field was leveled off abit. he has also had some nice drives on the sprint tyre especially in race 1 at Sandown getting a top 10. he hasn't disgraced himself or been crash happy or get in the way. i rate him highly and i think he will go pretty good in the comming years.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2534717)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting little snippet in yesterday's Daily Telegraph's Sport Confidential bit.. they are suggesting that one of the large number of high profile NRL sponsors to leave that sport are headed to V8Supercar.

An announcement is imminent apparently.

The article doesnt suggest it, but there was noise a certain green car had found a new backer for 2010....

Do you think Life is really Good?
Old 5 Sep 2009, 00:27 (Ref:2534754)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
re-signed for 2 more along with SCA and the technical alliance announced, link.
Given the alleged noise that Castrol hasnt re-signed at FPR, has the branding of Castrol increased on this team? There is already a connection to that brand, through the Qld distributor, however if the bonnet sponsors were to be moved around, there is certainly loads of space for Castrol branding... and an ability to sell product thru within the Super Cheap network
Old 5 Sep 2009, 03:46 (Ref:2534779)   #37
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Interesting little snippet in yesterday's Daily Telegraph's Sport Confidential bit.. they are suggesting that one of the large number of high profile NRL sponsors to leave that sport are headed to V8Supercar.

An announcement is imminent apparently.

The article doesnt suggest it, but there was noise a certain green car had found a new backer for 2010....

Do you think Life is really Good?
Think it was on here a while ago that I said it seemed logical for them to get into the Australian V8 Scene, they are already a big part of the NZV8's, have a big presenece in F1, and with them dropping the Sharks, there is a controversy free sport wating for them in the form of the V8 Supercars.
Old 6 Sep 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2535276)   #38
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Yep, and the team was not a winner in 08 spec even with Rick-o at the well and the exodus of talent to the Kelly team won't help. But if they thought they could turn it back into a winner, you'd think Holden would move their "favourite sons" like Jason Richards away from low budget teams that don't have the resources to spend up big on developing a winning package and instead turn 3rd/4th WP cars with their new sponsors back in regular front runners?

BJR aren't that quick even with seasoned and fast drivers, it would be lose-lose if Holden placed their rookies at BJR (in order to shift their guns elsewhere) I suppose...
Old 6 Sep 2009, 13:31 (Ref:2535300)   #39
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Think it was on here a while ago that I said it seemed logical for them to get into the Australian V8 Scene, they are already a big part of the NZV8's, have a big presenece in F1, and with them dropping the Sharks, there is a controversy free sport wating for them in the form of the V8 Supercars.
also Samsung are apparently packing it in at the Rorters so they could be a possibility somewhere. could Pirtek make a return?????

if recent statements are to be believed that V8's are rivaling the NRL for ratings then surely V8's is better value then league given all the trouble that is going on with players lately atleast your company won't be tieds up with that in V8's. the only downside (if it really is one) is that league is weekly and V8's round about every 3.

i love league as much as i do motorsport but if i was a businessman with all the **** going on in the game atm i would steer clear of it and i'm sure a fair few businesses feel that way and that can only be benificial to V8's.
Old 7 Sep 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2535793)   #40
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
interesting to note in the D'Alberto article in eNews that Tasman could be increasing or decreasing so that could be his option. whats the go here?
Old 7 Sep 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2535859)   #41
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Is it also possible, that the off-season could be as short as only 2 months if the overseas double-header goes ahead?
(Sorry...a little off topic)
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 7 Sep 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2535975)   #42
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
seems like it if the "possible" calendars in eNews and AA are to be believed. very short time frame to turn cars around for a new season and or build new ones ready to be flown over to the middle east.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 02:57 (Ref:2536839)   #43
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

D'Alberto in the second Tasman car, bringing a small budget, seems a good outcome for both. Good one pro racer.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 03:09 (Ref:2536841)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
D'Alberto in the second Tasman car, bringing a small budget, seems a good outcome for both. Good one pro racer.
Since the D'Alberto connection to Tasman is already there with drive cars, its a logical place to play.

Having said that, the budget the driver may bring is not likely to be a commercial one.

Will the level of performance of the #3 car in 2010 be better than in 2009?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 03:12 (Ref:2536844)   #45
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
so that would leave Bargwanna out of a drive because i can't see Murph going anywhere. where to for Bargs????

would the money D'Alberto brings be more then what Bargs brings with Matchmaster and JTB?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 03:37 (Ref:2536848)   #46
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
so that would leave Bargwanna out of a drive because i can't see Murph going anywhere. where to for Bargs???
back to GRM to replace the alleged departing Lee Holdsworth?
Old 9 Sep 2009, 08:21 (Ref:2536920)   #47
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
back to GRM to replace the alleged departing Lee Holdsworth?
Wouldn't think so

Doesn't Garry prefer giving a young promising driver a chance
Old 9 Sep 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2536932)   #48
xr8
Racer

Australia
sydney
xr8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Wouldn't think so

Doesn't Garry prefer giving a young promising driver a chance
YEAH! Just as long as he's got enough cash to bring along with him.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2537022)   #49
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you come to that conclusion? GRM have had pretty much the same major backers since they entered in 96.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2537080)   #50
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Well, I personally hope that Leethal doesn't depart. Although I do think that after 4 years at GRM, it might be time for him to move on. It would only be for the money, however. Only 3 teams have consistently been quicker than GRM this year - DJR, T8 and HRT. We all know that there are no seats there for next year. So based on performance, it would be a backward step to leave GRM at all, IMHO.
Personally, I know he is very happy at GRM with the team environment and so on, but perhaps not making the amount of cash which he believes he deserves (and quite rightly so, me thinks).
If he does leave, Robbo Caruso to #1 driver (worthy replacement too, I might add). Names of replacements are endless, but Dave Besnard has a good shot at putting his hand up with a strong performance at PI and Bathurst. Personally, I don't believe that any FV8SS drivers are up to the main game level at this stage of the season. Steve Owen would be awesome!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...