Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Jul 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3918577)   #1276
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Not sure they would go with a smaller V8 for the race car, but I guess it's possible, might be turbocharged but they said NA V8 during the presentation. That is the Z51 and under packages though. Plus the video of the street car has the usual V8 sound we know from the Vette so who knows what's going on for the C8.R.
Old 23 Aug 2019, 02:37 (Ref:3923835)   #1277
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Starworks is taking another weekend off this weekend at VIR, 20 kilos taken off but still off the entry list. But sounds like they are talking with others and the Audi is done in their program for 2020.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...ws-from-vir-2/
Old 23 Aug 2019, 17:58 (Ref:3923894)   #1278
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Here is a fun question. Is it possible to rank your favorite IMSA races from top to bottom? For any reasons both racing related or personal. For example, I can understand if the one race you get to see in person every year is #1 on your list.. For me its:

1. Daytona
2. VIR
3. Lime Rock
4. Mid Ohio
5. Watkins Glen
6. Sebring
7. Road Atlanta
8. Long Beach
9. Road America
10. CTMP
11. Laguna Seca
12. Detroit
Old 23 Aug 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3923923)   #1279
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First practice at VIR sees a Porsche 1-2 and in GTD Keating is on top the field of pro-drivers. He has been super impressive this year with his pace, both in the Merc and the Ford.

http://results.imsa.com/Results/19_2...actice%201.PDF
Old 24 Aug 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3923999)   #1280
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Porsche still on top but looks like a wet wet weekend.

Picture from S365, Brian Cleary/BC Pix
Old 24 Aug 2019, 18:22 (Ref:3924011)   #1281
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not to mention that that Porsche thought it was a Cayenne offroading.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3924140)   #1282
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is VIR time! I get to see the beginning at least and hope to listen to the rest.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 17:37 (Ref:3924143)   #1283
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Amazing move from Tandy round the outside of T1.

Porsche now 1-2.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3924144)   #1284
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
#12 Lexus that's having issues was bumped by the leading Porsche in T1. That's where its problems started.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3924145)   #1285
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
early drama in gtd with some early off roading and extra stops.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3924147)   #1286
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The tv broadcast has the side by side within a side by side during commercials.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3924151)   #1287
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
debris caution took a long time
Old 25 Aug 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3924152)   #1288
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love seeing drivers race in series and on tracks that they haven't been to before. It's when they're doing things that other drivers don't do, because nobody has told them yet that they shouldn't be doing it. Alice Powell is taking some interesting lines.

Edit: Hindman! So, yeah ignore my post completely. I'm talking BS.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 25 Aug 2019 at 18:17.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3924157)   #1289
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Top 3 in gtd just changed. Dominant Porsche not so dominant anymore.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3924161)   #1290
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I think the reason there's no action on the #3 Corvette was because the Ford blocked the Corvette far too late on the straight and forced him to brake. You could penalise both, or let them race.

In saying that, one was a move, the other was contact. So it's not that simple I guess.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3924163)   #1291
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Tommy Milner doesn't need to be asked twice. Fords were fighting each other and Milner took both.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 19:44 (Ref:3924164)   #1292
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Hey Westbrook, remember you are fighting the yellow cars and that blue/white/red thing is your teammate.

great manouvre mate, that's 5-6 instead of 3-4.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3924166)   #1293
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I think the reason there's no action on the #3 Corvette was because the Ford blocked the Corvette far too late on the straight and forced him to brake. You could penalise both, or let them race.

In saying that, one was a move, the other was contact. So it's not that simple I guess.

I was actually surprised they didn't give them both penalties in that situation. I am glad they let them race.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3924167)   #1294
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Legge bent the armco behind the tires on that impact.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3924168)   #1295
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I guess they'll just stack the tyres up and try and get 5 minutes in.
Old 25 Aug 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3924169)   #1296
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I guess they'll just stack the tyres up and try and get 5 minutes in.
It will be close but they are working fast on it.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 00:16 (Ref:3924180)   #1297
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Glad to see Keeting/Bleekemolen find their rabbit's foot and take GTD win after the year they have had.

Porsche winning GTLM again!
Old 26 Aug 2019, 03:12 (Ref:3924184)   #1298
TF110
Veteran

United States
Interesting race, but I still ask myself the question what Porsche is doing to avoid bop. Sucks for the #14 Lexus. I thought a win was theirs. Not the most action packed race in GTE but decent action here and there. I think they should have prototypes in the race again honestly. Might need to with the drop of Fords next year, GTE is going to be kinda sparse.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3924215)   #1299
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I was wondering that myself, and I can't believe it is they are showing their true hand after reports Core was one of the BoP radio "offenders." I would assume that's not something that would stay on one side of the garage, BUT they are obviously doing something IMSA can understand and not slow them. That then makes me feel like everyone else might be holding back more and more each event and IMSA has caught on, but that assumes first that drivers can resist pushing and second teams are better off not winning again and again until they are so far back as to not win the championship.

The race itself seemed entertaining in the parts I caught, was in and out with saw and sander running so missed more than a few things. I do wonder what the difference is with GT drivers and not having prototypes around that brings out seemingly calmer racing. I don't know if it's prototype guys wanting the corners and elbows out driving or GT guys having to push more to make up time lost, but GTD still has to contend with faster GTs and amateur vs factory pro drivers and they still make it work. It would be interesting to see lap charts and overlays with only GTs and then the whole field running to see what changes.
Old 3 Sep 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3925589)   #1300
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
To get an idea of how quick the Porsche 911 RSRs are today. The last time that the prototypes ran at V.I.R was in 2013 with the American Le mans series. Linked is the qualifying times for that. The Porsche would have been 5th overall just slightly behind the Level 5 P2 cars of the day. Lawrence Vanthoor in the #92 car won the pole at 1:40.6

https://www.racingsportscars.com/res...013-10-05.html