Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 12 Mar 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3514600)   #2576
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With every livery reveal, the cars look better. Hinch's Arrow livery is awesome too.

I can't remember the last time I was excited about a manufacturer dual in IndyCar. Season finally starts in 2 weeks.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 21:37 (Ref:3514601)   #2577
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post

Looks bloody awesome to me!
Old 12 Mar 2015, 21:39 (Ref:3514603)   #2578
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
How much winglets can Honda get in order to stay competitive? But hey, it's better than having the generic Dallara bodykit!
Ask and you shall receive.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 00:35 (Ref:3514649)   #2579
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ahem. That Panoz DP-01 was a spec racer, of course it wouldn't have mad wings on it.

Anyway..

That looks like a proper indycar to me.

How is it any different to what was?

The Ganassi car doesn't look too bad, shame Chevrolet didn't lose the airbox but the above is not a DP01 it's a Lola B03/00.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 13 Mar 2015 at 12:29. Reason: typo
Old 13 Mar 2015, 19:22 (Ref:3514892)   #2580
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have been clearer. Was comparing it to the lsst of the lolas, which wasn't a spec racer.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3514894)   #2581
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Should have been clearer. Was comparing it to the lsst of the lolas, which wasn't a spec racer.
From 2005 to 2006 Champ Car became a spec series by default as the Lola B03/00 was the only chassis available, after Reynard went bust in 2002, though a few teams bravely carried on until 2004 with the Reynard 02i.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 22:29 (Ref:3514929)   #2582
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The DW12 nose is too flat. i prefer the rounder late 1990s and early 2000s F1 and CART noses. But that's a small detail.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 06:43 (Ref:3515002)   #2583
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Target Chevy looks so much better than the renderings. Prefered the Honda kit before seeing that. Looking forward to seeing a full grid of these
Old 14 Mar 2015, 07:12 (Ref:3515005)   #2584
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
With every livery reveal, the cars look better. Hinch's Arrow livery is awesome too.

I can't remember the last time I was excited about a manufacturer dual in IndyCar. Season finally starts in 2 weeks.
Agreed! I am going to St. Pete, can't wait to see the new cars in person!
Old 14 Mar 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3515116)   #2585
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Agreed! I am going to St. Pete, can't wait to see the new cars in person!
Post some pics please, if you get the chance.
Old 14 Mar 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3515162)   #2586
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Some shots of the cars testing at NOLA with their aero-kits.

http://www.indycar.com/Photos/Gallery?g=2690
Old 14 Mar 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3515166)   #2587
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Post some pics please, if you get the chance.
I am going all 3 days so if I have a decent connection at night I will. The World Challenge paddock should offer some great shots too with all the GT3 machinery.
Old 16 Mar 2015, 20:23 (Ref:3515960)   #2588
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Initial comments from Simon Pagenaud and Sebastien Bourdais on Chevy's aero-kit.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/03/...o-kit-positive
Old 24 Mar 2015, 06:39 (Ref:3518867)   #2589
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rahal to announce a new sponsor for the #15 car in the next 24 hours according to Grahams twitter account
Old 24 Mar 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3518970)   #2590
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Rahal to announce a new sponsor for the #15 car in the next 24 hours according to Grahams twitter account
Old 24 Mar 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3519173)   #2591
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Maxim!
Old 25 Mar 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3519205)   #2592
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's a great livery on that Rahal car.
Old 25 Mar 2015, 05:53 (Ref:3519242)   #2593
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit Targetish?
Old 25 Mar 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3519292)   #2594
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Looks like they have developed F1-itis, and bang goes the racing because one pack is vastly superior, and the damned scaffolding won't work in turbulent air.

Or am I missing something?
Old 25 Mar 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3519315)   #2595
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It'd be cool if they drafted in a reg or two for '16 to shrink those clumsy, abnormally sized-wings.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3520371)   #2596
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Wilson gets drive with Andretti at both Indy races.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118242

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 27 Mar 2015 at 16:02. Reason: typo
Old 27 Mar 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3520395)   #2597
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Well, good. It's a disgrace he has to scrape around at all.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 11:05 (Ref:3520853)   #2598
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see Wilson get a drive with one of the Big 3 teams. There is a video interview on the racer dot com website with Robin Miller interviewing him and in it, he says the full-season deal he had been working on with Andretti Autosport had fallen through not just once but a couple of times, and he chose this May / Indianapolis drive with Andretti over a full season drive elsewhere because, with an Andretti car, he can win the Indy 500.
Old 28 Mar 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3520981)   #2599
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Wilson intentionally left a full season at Coyne in favour of two races at Andretti? That seems like a weird decision to me. It's not like he's historically gone well at Indy.

Also, I know I was quite dismissive about GP2 backmarker Gonzales potentially getting his seat, but Dracone's 2-3 seconds off the other backmarkers. Surely Gonzales would be better? We're not talking about Duno-Roth lack of pace, but surely there are other pay drivers that would be closer to the pace than that? That's some way off Carpenter's usual road course pace isn't it? I don't see Coyne getting a good result even through luck at that sort of pace, unless there's some really stupid race decisions, like Surfers Paradise 2002.
Old 31 Mar 2015, 17:26 (Ref:3522356)   #2600
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Fan injured by flying debris at St. Petersburg:

Quote:
According to the Tampa Bay Times, Brigitte Hoffstetter was walking in the concession area near Turn 10 when a piece of carbon fiber from one of the cars flew over the grandstands about 100 yards from the track and struck her in the head. She was immediately treated by St. Petersburg Fire & Rescue (LEFT) before being transferred to Bayfront Health, where she remained in the trauma unit Monday night.
More here from Racer. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

And again we have fans injured by flying debris. I'm not sure of the answer, but this is something the series must address...