Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Sep 2003, 08:12 (Ref:707787)   #1
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are SEAT and Toyota ever going to come back to WRC?

Anyone know? Becasue I don't think there is enough competition in WRC these days 5 two car teams is not enough in a premier form of motorsport.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 10:25 (Ref:707885)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know for a fact that Toyota will not come back while they are in F1.
And as for SEAT, they seem to be more interested in Touring Cars and racing now than rallying. Think they get more exposure and the cars are a little bit more like what you can buy rather than the WRC machines.
For instance I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a Hyundai Accent just because of their rally involvement. But if they built a HOT one just like Subaru did with the Impreza all those years ago, then I am sure that it would succeed.
Hyundai have not yet decided their level of involvement yet either!
Old 4 Sep 2003, 11:44 (Ref:707961)   #3
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With SEAT it's very much a question of what the Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG)want to do. Skoda is the current VAG brand in the WRC and it's unlikely that they'll want to match SEAT against it, particularly given the monies been poured into the Fabia WRC.

As chunder says SEAT will likely stick with ETCC (& poss BTCC) for the short-term, with the Toledo GT in a championship who'se name escapes me to be honest.

Unfortunately I think the way the WRC is going we're likely to see less rather than more teams entering.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 13:18 (Ref:708078)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The current formula is plainly getting too expensive.

Once Toyota get their F1 program together, i wouldn't mind betting they would add a Sportscar or rallying program.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 14:51 (Ref:708146)   #5
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget that Toyota are also involved in the IRL and the NASCAR truck series, with an eye on the main NASCAR Winston Cup series, so it's not just F1 that they're spending their money on.
Old 4 Sep 2003, 17:30 (Ref:708255)   #6
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIAT is intrested to enter the WRC, but, because of the economical state of the company, major sponsor is needed to go forward.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 5 Sep 2003, 14:48 (Ref:709226)   #7
Bob Irvine
Racer

Bob Irvine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzuki,will come in,and i think Hyundai will leave.Toyota wont be back,traitors!
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:36 (Ref:716856)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota Wont be back, Hyundai will race for another year or two (untill the accent ceases production), SEAT will enter the wrc soon, the cars are proving more reliable Bets on that the Toledo will be project car if they enter.

Mitsubishi better get the Colt Developed Quick!! cos that lancer's a heavy ship to get around a corner.

Suzuki fair play for entering, lets hope Fiat get some ideas

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 14 Sep 2003, 11:26 (Ref:718351)   #9
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought I heard somewhere that Mitsubishi won't be running the Colt (can't remember reason). It's interesting that the 307 has a longer wheelbase than either the Lancer or the Subaru Impreza WRC.

Seat may return, depending on who VW-Audi think should get to play in WRC, Touring Cars etc, but at the moment it's ETCC for Seat.

Would like to see Fiat, but the money is the problem. A new investor or an outside sponsor might change things, but lets not hold our breath.