Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Oct 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3771294)   #26
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
1. A qualifying session will have the top 2 with the same time
2. Subaru will win all 3 races in a weekend followed by calls for them to get ballast/BoP adjusted and they lose performance after that
3. Plato will miss out on the championship because he scores less bonus points than the champion
4. Only 1 race all season will have 32 cars starting from the grid
5. Someone who crashes out on Lap 1 of Race 1 will crash out at the same spot in Race 30 (lap unspecified)
1. So close (0.001 at Silverstone)
2. Close again (1,1,5 with Cole on pole at Snet, 1,1,4 at Knock, 1,1,3 at Rock) but there were calls for BoP changes (probably by Collard)
3. No, just no
4. 6 races had 32 cars start (8 if including 1st start for red flag races)
5. Well Turkington retired in R30 but on the wrong straight
Old 2 Oct 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3771327)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
1. need to know how many weekends were wet

4. need help here
5. also need help on this part
1. Depends if you mean all weekend or just raceday? And also if you just mean rain/wet track or if cars need to be on wets

4. Nope, only two (Moffat and Cole)

5. I think maybe Croft and Snetterton were the only ones?
Old 5 Oct 2017, 07:34 (Ref:3771989)   #28
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
1 - Colin Turkington clinches the championship in a last round nail-biter
2 - Thus deposing Jason Plato of a championship lead he held since Silverstone, amassing the most race wins over the season
3 - Ashley Sutton wins 3 races but only comes 7th in the standings
4 - Vauxhall only claim 2 podiums all season, both through Chilton, as Proctor doesn't score a single top 6, and converts reverse grid pole into the turn 3 gravel trap (circuit unspecified)
5 - As per last year; no rain all season, before Silverstone and Brands Hatch GP are drenched
1 - I mean, it could have happened, but it didn't
2 - Oh dear, I got the right car but that's a poor showing
3 - Again, oh dear. If I swapped Plato and Sutton around it would be more accurate
4 - Wow they actually got 2 podiums - one through Huff though, whilst Proctor scores 6th place in round 28 and never claims a reverse grid pole...
5 - Donington Park Race 3, whilst Silverstone was nice and dry (as was Brands GP R2)...

So that equates to 0.25/5 by my calculations...
Old 5 Oct 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3772042)   #29
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
1. Both BTC Norlin drivers will score more points than the 2nd PMR car (Proctor) using their old Chevy's.
2. Chris Smiley will be the most 'improved' driver.
3. Sutton will upset Plato by being too quick for his liking.
4. Mat Jackson will be the only Motorbase driver to get a podium & finish in the championship top ten.
5. There will be a record number of podium finishers this year, but not a record number of winners.
1. No - Newsham did, but Proctor was the surprise of the season for me.
2. Hmmm, you could argue this one, but think he certainly showed what he could do this year.
3. Yes. Very much so but JP just blamed the car and everything else.
4. Yes, by a country mile, though Davenport was improving before his shunt & Butcher did a great job stepping in mid season.
5. 17 different podium finishers by my count, but not sure if that was more than last year, though there were more winners, so I failed on that one!

So 2 maybe 3 depending on how you rate the most improved driver. Not bad but could do better! 😊
Old 5 Oct 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3772052)   #30
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
on question 1 I wanted to know if it was delcared a wet race (I know one of the Donington races were declared wet which lead to a red flag)
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3772062)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
on question 1 I wanted to know if it was delcared a wet race (I know one of the Donington races were declared wet which lead to a red flag)

Well in that case Donington and Brands Hatch, not sure about Silverstone, although it rained, everyone stayed on slicks
Old 6 Oct 2017, 09:39 (Ref:3772270)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
1. One (or more!) meeting will see a session or race experiment with the use of Code 60 rather than a safety car.
2. Turkington will be champion.
3. Neal and Plato will retire at season's end.
4. One of the "rookies" will win 2 races at one meeting.
5. Someone will end up in the right-hand barrier on the exit of Robert's at the end of lap 1 of race 1 at Donington.
1. Nope
2. Nope
3. Nope (not yet, anyway!)
4. Nope, unless Sutton counts as a rookie
5. Nope, so far as I can recall

What a great set they were!