Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Mar 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3811505)   #251
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I imagine most men would like that too.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3811513)   #252
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
I imagine most men would like that too.
I was unaware that men faced a glass ceiling, or that they didn't get paid significantly less than their female counterparts.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3811515)   #253
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How much would a man get as a grid girl ?
Old 28 Mar 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3811521)   #254
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

"Grid girls have been dropped. Nothing you can do about it. Move on."

It really doesn't matter. I'll not be able to watch F1 next year anyway so they may as well have naked mud wrestling for all the excitement it's going to generate in the Midgetman household.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
I agree and indeed the whole argument from my POV is that it was done for all the wrong reasons. Based on the philosophy that women can't chose whether they want to do the thing or not? Trouble is, the do-gooders who think they're changing the world are actually taking it backwards. I believe the Suffragettes were the ladies who wanted freedom of choice, in their case the vote. Fair play to them for all they did. Now, on the back of feminism, some women are restricted from earning money in a fun (for them) way. They did no harm and were hardly noticed, but crucially their presence was low hanging fruit for an organisation that has no idea how to solve its problems.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 15:28 (Ref:3811522)   #255
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
100% disagree. If I hold an opinion I shouldn't have to trot out documentation from my life to prove it. And what makes it so that you have to force one side to prove it but not the other? Can I demand proof that you aren't arguing for the sake of arguing and say you'd better prove you've never had anything against grid girls?

Also, we can change our minds. When I was 15 I had no issue with grid girls. However, my opinions on a lot of things have changed. I reserve the right to do that.
Richard, your opinion was not in question. You implied that you had stated it previously in an unconnected thread. I have no problem with that, just that an assertion rather than an expression of an opinion was made.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3811527)   #256
littleman
Veteran

I'm convinced this is a subject that only women should be participating in.

Women have conflicting views on this subject, even amongst themselves, so until they have a united position, it's probably best not to comment at all.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3811540)   #257
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm convinced this is a subject that only women should be participating in.

Women have conflicting views on this subject, even amongst themselves, so until they have a united position, it's probably best not to comment at all.
You won't get over half the population of the entire world to agree on any subject.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3811541)   #258
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Richard, your opinion was not in question. You implied that you had stated it previously in an unconnected thread. I have no problem with that, just that an assertion rather than an expression of an opinion was made.
Maybe a slight miscommunication here, as I am not Richard.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3811544)   #259
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Whoops....especially if you're Sheila!
Old 28 Mar 2018, 17:32 (Ref:3811549)   #260
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Maybe a slight miscommunication here, as I am not Richard.
I know that!
Old 28 Mar 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3811555)   #261
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I refrain, I want the opinion of Linda Vaughn about this matter. Period.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3811563)   #262
littleman
Veteran

One more question please......which I'd particularly like a women to answer.

Please explain what the programme "Take me Out" is all about, how it differs from the "grid girl" debate and why it's acceptable on prime time UK TV.
Old 28 Mar 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3811588)   #263
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I know that!
Cheers. I have moved on.

Richard
Old 28 Mar 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3811589)   #264
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
One more question please......which I'd particularly like a women to answer.
I am sorry, I can't resist. Can we have an election and pick one man and one women who get to speak for their entire gender?

Richard
Old 28 Mar 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3811644)   #265
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am sorry, I can't resist. Can we have an election and pick one man and one women who get to speak for their entire gender?

Richard
one women?
is that the sisterhood's version of equality again?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 01:12 (Ref:3811658)   #266
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
one women?
is that the sisterhood's version of equality again?
Sorry about my singular/plural spelling error. Please don’t comment on my grammar as it is typically much worse!

Richard
Old 29 Mar 2018, 07:01 (Ref:3811682)   #267
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Is this nonsense STILL rumbling on ? Grid girls are, at the very most , a peripheral subject to , y'know , that thing we like called motor racing ? Who cares - they were a daft and crass anachronism anyway .

18 pages on grid girls , a couple on Dan Gurney's death ...
Old 29 Mar 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3811690)   #268
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Is this nonsense STILL rumbling on ? Grid girls are, at the very most , a peripheral subject to , y'know , that thing we like called motor racing ? Who cares - they were a daft and crass anachronism anyway .

18 pages on grid girls , a couple on Dan Gurney's death ...
The danger is that in 15 years' time people will look back and say 'motor racing, who cares - it was a daft and crass anachronism anyway'
Old 29 Mar 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3811697)   #269
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
You've lost me there. We give up grid girls - who have only existed as such since the 80s I'd guess , and then only in the top echelons of the sport and that's the thin end of wedge ? How so - were you concerned it was the end of life as we knew it when seat belts became compulsory and sparking up a Benson and Hedges in a grandstand became bad form ?

I really , genuinely, am at a complete loss to understand why anybody should give a damn about GG - nobody banned them, it's not PC gone mad, it's just they were way, way past their sell by date.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 10:04 (Ref:3811719)   #270
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I really , genuinely, am at a complete loss to understand why anybody should give a damn about GG - nobody banned them, it's not PC gone mad, it's just they were way, way past their sell by date.
I wonder - what would have been the response if it hadn't been announced that there wouldn't be any grid girls and then there just weren't any? So everyone rocks up for the first GP of the year and no grid girls - would anyone notice? Mention it? Give a ****?
Old 29 Mar 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3811732)   #271
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Because this discussion stopped being about grid girls a long time ago, and is now more about the global trend of suppression of women by the feminist movement.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 14:46 (Ref:3811756)   #272
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
Quote:
You've lost me there. .......
I'm looking at the big picture, GG are the least of motorsport's problems and I'm putting them into perspective. I thought your phrase rather apt for the whole caboodle not just GG which are a tiny insignificant issue.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3811802)   #273
littleman
Veteran

My wife says grid girls should be banned, so that must be right.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3811803)   #274
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Good thing they aren't banned then eh.

People don't seem to understand the difference between not being hired and a ban. If I don't hire a plumber, they aren't suddenly illegal.
Old 29 Mar 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3811807)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I wonder - what would have been the response if it hadn't been announced that there wouldn't be any grid girls and then there just weren't any? So everyone rocks up for the first GP of the year and no grid girls - would anyone notice? Mention it? Give a ****?
Bingo. Instead it's been used to show how "right on" Liberty Media is. And to disguise the fact that they have no idea how to make the show better.