Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the driver of the race: Hungary 2005?
Kimi Räikkönen 24 37.50%
Michael Schumacher 9 14.06%
Ralf Schumacher 10 15.63%
Jarno Trulli 2 3.13%
Nick Heidfeld 1 1.56%
Mark Webber 9 14.06%
Juan Pablo Montoya 9 14.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1368541)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Driver of the Race

KR get's my vote today, what do you say?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1368543)   #2
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call me stupid, but who is KM?

Edit: Ah, i see you have changed it to KR For the record i agree with your choice...
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1368566)   #3
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think KR had the car under him to win quite comfortably. I'd go along with with Blundell's vote for Ralf. This must also have been one of Webber's better drives this year.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:22 (Ref:1368581)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sorry about that, I was thinking Kimi and Michael I am the stupid one!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1368592)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikonnen. Easy!
Schumacher a close second.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1368600)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi. Montoya also did well untill his Mclaren did something very rare and retired...
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1368602)   #7
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
I think KR had the car under him to win quite comfortably. I'd go along with with Blundell's vote for Ralf. This must also have been one of Webber's better drives this year.
I agree with you about Ralf. It was a great performance, by a driver who is often criticised. Kimi just edges him out, as he drove a great race and has been unlucky with reliability in recent weeks.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:58 (Ref:1368609)   #8
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to give it to Kimi, as he's earned that win many times over. Watching him and Michael in the opening stint when both cars were hooked up trading fastest laps was very satisfying.

Honourable mention to the Cobbler Bros. Michael showed his experience and quality with a strategy and performance that squeezed every ounce of speed out of a disadvantaged car. A great setup to nail the final corner and eliminate his opponents one overtaking opportunity. Ralf drove the wheels off his car.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 23:08 (Ref:1368611)   #9
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Montoya had it in the bag until his driveshaft shafted him.

Kimi had a good race, in clearly the best car.
MS had an up and down race (probably the car)

The Williams drivers were not given much air time, but scored points with a seriously bad car.

No one stood out for me this race.
DC obviously needs to spend time on the Australian roads to learn how to avoid crap on the road.

DKGandBH
Old 31 Jul 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1368622)   #10
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No clear choice this time. I'm torn between Kimi, MS (awesome weekend) and Ralf, they all deserve 1/3 of the "Driver of the race" title
Old 31 Jul 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1368624)   #11
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to Kimi. He has still hardly put a foot wrong all year.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 23:34 (Ref:1368637)   #12
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
KR get's my vote today, what do you say?
I thought you said KB until I re-read!

I would say kimi aswell, once he was past MS, no catching the lad
Old 31 Jul 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1368640)   #13
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf drove very well and Webber from 16th to 7th was a mighty effort. But Kimi was once again the best.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 00:59 (Ref:1368676)   #14
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks to me like a lot of rubbish in this thread so far...

Driver of the Race?

.... he deserves it?

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

If Kimi did not win today what would the response be?
Basically he had an average race, his lines were erratic -particularly when behind Michael when he seemed anxious. Was sliding the car and banging the curbs going to make it faster? He did all he could to wear the Michelins down.

Michael on the other hand, did well with a clearly inferior car "on-the-day", with tyres that were quickly wearing away. On any other track he would have been lucky to get points as he would have been passed frequently, but he must be loving Hungaroring today as it was the track alone which kept him in the running for the podium. The Toyotas were clearly faster today, and driven well, and the Williams too would have got passed the Ferraris.

Ralf drove well and showed his fluid style brought the car home with good pace even at the end. Today it was Ralf doing the chasing instead of his normal job of impersonating a cork in a bottle.

Montoya was very good and would certainly have finished first or second depending on how the McLaren fuel strategy panned out. His calmness in the garage after the DNF showed why he is the stable work horse at McLaren - no thrown steering wheel or helmut, which cannot be said for some drivers in F1 at the moment.

Alonso - poor.

Fisichella - is he still in F1?

The Williams twins are often hard to seperate on the track, and both worked steadily to the pointy end to get some points to remind us they were still running. How fast can that car go? Really, its hard to tell whether it was a good day or a shocker, the attitude of the car and team seems to be the same regardless.

Clearly the result which trulli (pun) stands out, is that of Ralf Schumacher, he was on the podium for pete's sake. And had Montoya retired I would still give it to Ralf because he has pushed the Toyota up next to the names of McLaren and Ferrari, which is exactly what the team wants, the Toyota fans, and company, and its good for him too.

When everybody else was stuffing around Ralf brought the car home and really never looked in doubt, and were it any other track he would have passed the Ferrari easily for second place.

Outstanding Ralf.

Now all of you lot, stop pandering to your favourites, and give more objective, thoughtful responses.

Give credit where its due.

Today was one of Ralf's bets drives.

Who would have thunk it.

Splatz.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 03:02 (Ref:1368703)   #15
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While MS did seem to be wringing a lot out of that Ferrari he was clearly holding Kimi up. (just for fairness, not criticism) On the other hand his tires were used up a very early in the race. He ended up second, but I think the arguement could be made that he should have conserved his tires more in the beginning.

I think Kimi and JPM were on par with each other today. I couldn't really make out what happened at the start between the two. eg. If JPM let Kimi by easily because he knew they were on different stratagies.

We couldn't really see what happened with a lot of the cars further back. Ralf certainly had a good race, so he would be a credible choice.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 03:12 (Ref:1368704)   #16
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow
Looks to me like a lot of rubbish in this thread so far...

Driver of the Race?

.... he deserves it?

Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Now all of you lot, stop pandering to your favourites, and give more objective, thoughtful responses.

Give credit where its due.

Today was one of Ralf's bets drives.

Who would have thunk it.

Splatz.
You judge it by your criteria I'll judge it by mine thanks.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 03:53 (Ref:1368711)   #17
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM.
He had the race won with what would have been brilliant strategy.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 06:15 (Ref:1368745)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raikkonen.

Relentless.

And once clear of Schumacher he was supremely fast.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 06:45 (Ref:1368753)   #19
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf for me, looked better than he has in recent memory.

The Williams' boys deserve an honourable mention.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1368758)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fine drives by Kimi and JPM but they were in what is now indisputably the quickest car on the grid, and did no more than I would have expected, so my choice would be taken from Michael, Ralf and Nick Heidfeld. Ultimately, I go for Ralf - smooth with good and consistent fast race pace which saw him begin to put his brother under pressure at the end, and netted him a well deserved third. Presumably, we will get our usual poll.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 07:19 (Ref:1368763)   #21
IL LEONE
Racer

United Kingdom
London
IL LEONE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be KR, however I think trulli did well to stay ahead of JB and clinch 4th considering the damage to his car.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1368793)   #22
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its between Ralf and Webber, one pushed onto the podium with a car that frankly i thought would be easily outclassed this race, the other made up the most positions in the race and finished in a respectable position
Old 1 Aug 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1368820)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I should have included Webber (incidentally, he was a good sport on Top Gear, last night!) on my shortlist, but I'll still go with Ralf.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1368821)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where's the poll?

Splatz in his less controversial points makes a good case for Ralf and I would add that whilst Kimi was doing all the right things and demonstrating the "wash-out" effect of following a car too closely (Spaltz) he still needed the pit stops to help him, whilst Ralf drove the wheels off on a track where he has excelled previously so I'll give it to him................................... when we get a poll that is!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1368826)   #25
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld, started 12th finished 6th in a bad car and on a track where you can't pass. And he nearly beat Button at the 2nd stop for 5th spot.