Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Apr 2019, 22:59 (Ref:3900592)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
F2 Baku weekend

Oh dearis this series getting less popular?

On the basis of the first few rounds which haven't provided much of noteworthines the majority of the field this year is made up of well backed journeymen with a very small clutch of interestimg newcomers.

Aitken seems to have found his feet at last.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3900789)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont know man, i lost some interest in the series with this new car, it sounds horrendous, looks horrendous and the tyres mean drivers are spending the race just cruising round rather than pushing. Not to mention DRS

However one thing ive realised, the older i get the less and less invested i am in motorsport. On one hand i feel sad because through my teen and early adult years id invest every weekend during the season watching whatever i could, getting up at all times, staying up to all times. Now? Now i dont care so much if i miss a race, maybe im just miserable.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3900815)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm always working when it's on (and couldn't afford or justify paying for sky's coverage anyway), and can't be arsed to chase up a decent torrent.

shame isn't it, in a world where itv are making btcc and the support series accessible, f1 continues to push itself and its support series further away from joe average.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 23:22 (Ref:3900876)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that’s understandable, although I’m sure Sky do a good job.

BTCC give fans what they want by putting it and the support races on a freeview channel, while F1 and others aren’t accessible enough
Old 1 May 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3901005)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well that’s understandable, although I’m sure Sky do a good job.
What is understandable about F1 and the support series being pushed away from the public?
Old 1 May 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3901024)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it's understandable that it's not always on at a decent time, but like the others, I wish there were more options to show F1 and it's support category
Old 2 May 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3901178)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t have the package, but I’m sure Sky do a good job. But it’s not right that they have a monopoly on it
Old 2 May 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3901212)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don’t have the package, but I’m sure Sky do a good job. But it’s not right that they have a monopoly on it
If Sky are paying for the rights to the series, and their customers are paying to view the races - why is it not right for them to have a monopoly?

Coverage is also available via highlights on Ch4 and Radio on the BBC too - so not quite a monopoly, just the prime source for live races.....
Old 2 May 2019, 22:42 (Ref:3901420)   #9
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If Sky are paying for the rights to the series, and their customers are paying to view the races - why is it not right for them to have a monopoly?

Coverage is also available via highlights on Ch4 and Radio on the BBC too - so not quite a monopoly, just the prime source for live races.....
When is F2 on C4 or BBC Radio??
Old 3 May 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3901454)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
When is F2 on C4 or BBC Radio??
My apologies - I had strayed OT, in response to:

Quote:
while F1 and others aren’t accessible enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What is understandable about F1 and the support series being pushed away from the public?
Quote:
I wish there were more options to show F1 and it's support category
I appreciate that the coverage from BBC/C4 is only for F1, the support series does not get broadcast coverage outside of Sky at present.

Although who is at fault for this? TV schedulers will only put things on if there is enough demand - so is the lack of interest from viewers the cause of support series not getting airtime?
Old 2 May 2019, 17:46 (Ref:3901318)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

Well it just seems that they can’t let others show it live, not I have any problem with them showing it live

The problem is highlights isn’t enough and how many will listen on radio
Old 2 May 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3901414)   #12
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Oh dearis this series getting less popular?
Not at all. Now you have a Schumacher there. It's all about Schumacher and how is the boy performing.
Old 3 May 2019, 23:17 (Ref:3901615)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Not at all. Now you have a Schumacher there. It's all about Schumacher and how is the boy performing.
The name is of interest to the wider press at the moment yes but he is not setting the world alight on track.
Old 5 May 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3901929)   #14
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The name is of interest to the wider press at the moment yes but he is not setting the world alight on track.

It’s frustrating that so many media outlets focus their stories around him. Like, his charge from 19th to 5th in Baku was praised but that happens all the time in Baku

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 May 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3901517)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

Well we get something with F1, but the support series aren't even on a cheaper digital channel.

Maybe the powers that be just didn't think about the consequences of putting those exclusively on Sky, even if there is not as much interest as their used to be
Old 3 May 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3901548)   #16
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's UK specific though, over here I get F2/F3/PSC live and on demand with my F1 TV Pro subscription
Old 4 May 2019, 08:15 (Ref:3901672)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

Well it's bound to have the interest, but he's not looking like a star of the future he could have been
Old 5 May 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3901935)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

I don't see why they should. His drive from 19th to 5th was good, but no better than others have done
Old 5 May 2019, 10:49 (Ref:3901950)   #19
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn’t help that the series doesn’t have an obvious next-big-thing this year. Last year we had Norris and Russell. And even Albon’s reputation was strong despite some tough years. Is anyone really excited about de Vries, Ghiotto or Latifi?

That said, it’s such a fun series to watch. More essential viewing than a standard dull F1 race for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 May 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3901966)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

Well, we’ll see as the season goes on. Norris deserves his F1 chance, as does Russell and Albon has taken to F1 like a duck to water. Those drivers mentioned could make it to F1, Latifi I feel deserves a chance

And yes the series is usually exciting, unlike F1 which can be a bit lacking at times
Old 6 May 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3902169)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Well, we’ll see as the season goes on. Norris deserves his F1 chance, as does Russell and Albon has taken to F1 like a duck to water. Those drivers mentioned could make it to F1, Latifi I feel deserves a chance

And yes the series is usually exciting, unlike F1 which can be a bit lacking at times
I thought Latifi was decent in F3 but he's not impressing enough at this level to warrant an F1 race drive.

The field this year is pretty ordinary. No real aces.
Old 6 May 2019, 10:53 (Ref:3902194)   #22
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're sort of in that transitional phase as the next generation of talent works their way up, similar to the 2012-2014 seasons. I reckon most of the front runners will find professional work and the likes of Latifi and de Vries could challenge for a seat in F1 but no one among the current crop looks like a World Championship winner.
Old 6 May 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3902197)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Well that’s because I don’t think enough talent is there, but those seasons mentioned had some good drivers. I do think Latifi deserves a chance, maybe with Racing Point. But I agree, no one really stands out as a future champion