Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1559497)   #26
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's absolutely outrageous, they make you go to their event and then make you buy their water. If only you had the choice not to go then you could show them who's boss.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1559499)   #27
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
24 pack of 600mL bottles of water is $9 at Woolies this week.... stick some in the fridge, some in the freezer, chuck them in a backpack, the frozen ones keep the others cool, and you can drink them later in the day as they thaw.... 37.5 cents each, or $3+ each - to paraphrase another thread, WHICH IS THE BETTER WATER? (I think they are even the same brand that they are selling!)
Yes, but you cannot freeze a bottle of bought water, as they are within a few millimetres of being completely full when you buy them! I did end up doing a similar thing to what you have suggested here though (buying it from a supermarket and bringing it to the track), but it was soon less than cool.

Anyway, at the gate this morning, a different bag checking man asked if it was water, and then allowed me through, not looking to see if it was sealed or even a clear liquid! And the person in front of me had their bottle of water "sniffed" by yet another different bag-checker, and allowed then allowed through with it because it smelt like water! Talk about inconsistency, maybe Peter Wollerman is behind all this........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1559510)   #28
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear about ur whinging !

At the Commonwealth Games ALL event venues (some in park lands) where not letting UNSEALED water in..

Clearly stated well prior, on tickets brought months ago....
If you are organized, this is not a problem.

This situation has more to do with Insurance & compilance than Money !
Nothing to do Bernie !

Sadly a sign of the times, A world that lives in FEAR !!!
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1559512)   #29
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it aint that bad, I'm telling you. If you look at the official Clipsal 500 website, the rules are as follow (for food and beverages):
WHAT CAN BE BROUGHT ONTO THE CIRCUIT
Small foam ice boxes / small foam eskies,
WHAT CANNOT BE BROUGHT ONTO THE CIRCUIT
Any alcoholic beverages; any glass bottles or containers or glass objects (excluding sunglasses, binoculars and prescription glasses); any beverage container with the manufacturer’s seal broken; any drinks coolers or ice boxes (other than one predominantly constructed of polystyrene);

I have been to every 500 that has been held and have never had a problem. Its just a matter of preparation. By your cheap water from the supermarket, buy a box of Pepsi/Coke cans, freeze the water, and put the cans amoungst the frozen bottles. Perfect!!

You also have to look at it this way. According to the Kiwi's that we are sitting next to, at PUKEKOHE, apparently, you are not allowed to even bring food in.....
Old 26 Mar 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1561731)   #30
Driver
Racer

Australia
Bundaberg, Queensland
Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had no problems on any of the four days. I was taking 4 frozen and 2 cold waters I filled at home every day.