Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Aug 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3570214)   #1
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AMOC Brands Hatch 5/6th September

AMOC 80th Anniversary meeting held over two days on both Brands circuits.
A cracking event last year, hoping for more of the same this time.

Timetable http://www.msvracing.co.uk/media/146...ssue%20ONE.pdf
Old 31 Aug 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3570216)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We might have the silver E Type out .
Old 31 Aug 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3570308)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list : http://www.amocracing.org/download/i...v%20300815.pdf
Old 1 Sep 2015, 21:47 (Ref:3570620)   #4
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm there. Even booked a cheapie hotel room for the night.

Btw the last time I wascar BH I stayed Friday night and found a cracking boozer just down from the paddock entrance . Can't remember the name but will dig out the receipts and let you know.

Great real ale wonderful menu at reasonable money and some very sociable local ladies... What could possibly go wrong?
Old 1 Sep 2015, 21:52 (Ref:3570622)   #5
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Err just read what I've posted.

In the interests of marital relations nothing happened and one of them was called Collin
Old 3 Sep 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3571055)   #6
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't me, I'm only 1 L of a guy, but the pub was probably the Pied Bull in Farningham.

Used to go the folk club in their coach house in the 70's, had some very raucous times there. Having looked at the website it's interesting to note that they have a page devoted to motorbikes and the clubs that meet there. In my day you couldn't even get into the place in a leather jacket, never mind park a bike outside. The locals weren't really bike enthusiasts, being at the quicker end of Death Hill (now renamed something more sanitised) and unamused at constantly removing body parts from their roads.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3571335)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
Err just read what I've posted.

In the interests of marital relations nothing happened and one of them was called Collin
A handsome young fellow called Nick,
Of the birds he just took his pick,
They said he was funny,
'til he ran out of money.
And now he's alone with his dog.

I found this ditty scrawled on the wall in the toilets of a pub near Brands Hatch. but is probably just a coincidence.

Bauble.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3571465)   #8
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
A camera keen chap called Bob
Stood at a urinal holding his lens
While perusing the scrawl
He saw on the wall
He managed to soil his DM's

Spotted in a cubicle in the Kentagon
Old 5 Sep 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3571601)   #9
brands
Veteran

A good days racing despite the weather.
Indy circuit tomorrow and a better forecast.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 19:14 (Ref:3571946)   #10
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Don't think I've ever seen so many damaged cars in one race in the Equippe GTS

Nothing to do with driving standards (as echoed by the Clerk of the Course ) just bad luck.

Two cars at separate times losing oil and causing mayhem. Very nearly came a cropper myself - just caught the edge of one spill and ended up coming down pit straight in a massive slide. To be honest it was nothing to do with my skills but just luck I ended up on the left side of the spill and could keep away from the barrier.

Sadly several others were not that lucky and the race was red flagged - as indeed was qually for an identical incident
Old 6 Sep 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3571982)   #11
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don't think I've ever seen so many damaged cars in one race in the Equippe GTS

Nothing to do with driving standards (as echoed by the Clerk of the Course ) just bad luck.

Two cars at separate times losing oil and causing mayhem. Very nearly came a cropper myself - just caught the edge of one spill and ended up coming down pit straight in a massive slide. To be honest it was nothing to do with my skills but just luck I ended up on the left side of the spill and could keep away from the barrier.

Sadly several others were not that lucky and the race was red flagged - as indeed was qually for an identical incident

I quite enjoyed it.......

Old 6 Sep 2015, 22:01 (Ref:3571995)   #12
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attended today and I have to say apart from the Equippe GTS races it was an appalling meeting. The races had very poor grids and were far to long which I guess was to pad it out. Not happy.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3572000)   #13
brands
Veteran

I enjoyed both days of the meeting, photography in the mornings and watching from Paddock hill in the afternoons.
The Aston GT4 race has never had many runners but thankfully is only 50 minutes now and I suspect the pre war race suffered being so close to the Revival.
Some lovely tin out in the GTSCC and good racing from the Intermarque and Equipe GTS both days.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3572246)   #14
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
I attended today and I have to say apart from the Equippe GTS races it was an appalling meeting. The races had very poor grids and were far to long which I guess was to pad it out. Not happy.
I agree the grids were by and large poor. In fact if it wasn't for the support from Equipe and the other one the weekend would have been almost laughable if you were asked to pay for a spectator ticket.

Apparently anyone over 12 was classified at full price which I find ridiculous
Old 8 Sep 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3572545)   #15
stevea968
Rookie

stevea968 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The 30 - 50 min race times are not to pad it out but because club drivers generally don't want to haul themselves, cars and mechanics to a track 100s of miles away for a 15min blast. The drivers all pay for the track time in their entry fees. Gate fees go to the circuit owner. That's club racing. As well as big grids in Equipe, Intermarque Championship was busy on Saturday, with a few missing on Sunday after incidents the day before. I think GT4 is the one that really needs more entries and the club is trying to encourage more entries.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3572548)   #16
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Timetables and entry lists are available for all to see before the event...
Old 8 Sep 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3572566)   #17
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Timetables and entry lists are available for all to see before the event...
I was unable to find an entry list if I had I wouldn't have bothered going. I just hope no paying public were there for the first time as they won't be back.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 05:59 (Ref:3572635)   #18
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea968 View Post
I think GT4 is the one that really needs more entries and the club is trying to encourage more entries.
AM have sold over 100 AM GT4 cars, so the cars exist, but what are they doing different to encourage the cars out?

Maybe make it a multi-marque GT4 series for any car homologated in to GT4 and for cars like the Porsche Cup. There are plenty of Ginetta G50s about too.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 06:30 (Ref:3572644)   #19
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
I quite enjoyed it.......

Good show Brian. Did not see you at the end but then everyone seemed to disappear quite quickly so maybe prize giving was a bit disparate?

Was it you who lost a wheel in the first race? I was spectating then and saw it as I was up the top. You did well to bring that to a gentle stop
Old 9 Sep 2015, 07:30 (Ref:3572653)   #20
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really enjoyed this meeting, lots of lovely cars to take photos of so I was happy!

Here are a couple of albums from the weekend, the GT and Sports Car Cup:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/992298...57658331878805
and everything else:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/992298...57658371617495

Thanks for looking!
Old 9 Sep 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3572659)   #21
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the GTSCC collection! One super shot of the two SLRs abreast, but sadly John Emberson's bare alloy finished car never made it past qualifying due to axle (diff?) problems. Better at Brands than during Spa 6hrs weekend after next.... Congratulations to the red car of Simon Orebi Gann with Callum Lockie on 2nd o/a, equalling the previous best finish for his / an SLR in modern history, when I was privileged to be sharing the car at Portimao with Simon!

Old 9 Sep 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3572665)   #22
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good show Brian. Did not see you at the end but then everyone seemed to disappear quite quickly so maybe prize giving was a bit disparate?

Was it you who lost a wheel in the first race? I was spectating then and saw it as I was up the top. You did well to bring that to a gentle stop

Yes Nick - the front left hub sheared at the exit of Sheene Curve, managed to park the car well away from the circuit thus avoiding safety car for everyone else.

Robin Ellis donated a hub from his car that was back at the workshop, and it was all fitted up ready for the race on the Indy circuit on Sunday.

The race win was nice compensation for the non finish on Saturday.

Unusually for Colin Chapman, he did not raid other manufacturer's part bins for the front hubs, they are special Lotus ones also fitted to the Eleven and series one Seven in the late 50s. Will have to have some made and there are now 3 other Elite owners who want to change their hubs
Old 9 Sep 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3572670)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
If you need any drawings done, give me a shout!
Old 9 Sep 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3572675)   #24
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I was unable to find an entry list if I had I wouldn't have bothered going. I just hope no paying public were there for the first time as they won't be back.

From what I saw at the weekend there was very little in the way of paying public, which isn't really a surprise at a meeting like this. Having said that, the fact it was branded an '80th anniversary celebration' may have drawn a bit of extra attention.

The Aston Martin centenary meeting they had in 2013 was fantastic and had a very decent crowd on both days. I seem to remember something along the lines of 400 cars entered that weekend.

I think AMOC have been struggling a little this year in general. Last year's meeting had a better turnout and was one of the best historic meetings at Brands (if you ignore the GT4 cup, which has always been poorly supported).
Old 9 Sep 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3572758)   #25
brands
Veteran

A couple of batches from the meeting, some Astons
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3505.jpg   IMG_4245.jpg   IMG_3608.jpg  

IMG_3650.jpg   IMG_3323.jpg   IMG_4808.jpg