Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:17 (Ref:2966589)   #1
Drummer
Rookie

England
Northamptonshire, England
Drummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets Not Turning Up...

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone might now of a gremlin in the works, or something? Basically, I've signed up for a number of events, but my tickets haven't turned up. One of these such events was the Britcar 24, although I used Karen's spare to get in and cleared everything with Roy before I started.

I have signed up for the BTCC at Silverstone, but I envisage the tickets not turning up. Who should I contact, or where should I go to? Ought I sign up again, or might that cause some headaches for the chief marshal?

Many thanks!

Glen.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2966594)   #2
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have not received tickets for BTCC yet, if you have a problem with receiving tickets you should speak to the Chief Marshal / Club who send out the tickets. If you are not on the list for BTCC at Silverstone it is very unlikely you will now get in as the event is normally oversubscribed.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:41 (Ref:2966595)   #3
Charlyw001
Rookie

Charlyw001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets not turning up

Contact Penny.Norris@silverstone.co.uk she's the marshals contact there.

Charlotte
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2966597)   #4
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you have not volunteered through Silverstone Marshals team you should contact BARC not Penny
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2966598)   #5
Drummer
Rookie

England
Which club is it that runs the BTCC? As I say, I signed up for all of them at the early stages of the season, but a few of the tickets for various different events haven't reached me. Karen said that she went to the site and signed up again, as all the check boxes were unchecked. She appears to be getting tickets through, but I'm not, so I'm wondering if it's the site that's fallen over, or if it's a bit more complicated... I really hope I can get in, as I did sign up ages ago, it'd be sad to have missed out.

Thanks Alan!

[EDIT] Disregard most of that, it didn't show anything but Alan's post then, sorry! *blushes*
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2966600)   #6
SuperDuff
Racer

United Kingdom
Devon
SuperDuff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know the Britcar ones seemed to arrive a bit later than normal Silverstone ones. I go through BMMC's website and so far (touch wood) have not had a problem. I want to say that it is the BARC who are the club for BTCC but I am probably wrong.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2966603)   #7
Drummer
Rookie

England
RIGHT! Thankyou to all! I've just spoken with Chris on the phone, at the BARC, and he's going to try and sort it out for us. We hope to be in the pit lane for this, so see you then!

Glen.
Old 6 Oct 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2966690)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've had an opposite problem to you! I have had tickets sent through about 6 times this season for events I havent volunteered for!
Old 6 Oct 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2966701)   #9
juliet
Rookie

England
Daventry
juliet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
I've had an opposite problem to you! I have had tickets sent through about 6 times this season for events I havent volunteered for!
I'd keep that quiet if I was you!
Old 7 Oct 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2967047)   #10
bonjour
Rookie

England
Clanville, Hants.
bonjour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
I’ve also received tickets for events I’ve haven’t volunteer for.

I’ve spoken as well as e-mail Penny and she tells me, the ticket requests are all done at the start of the year so if your were once down for the meeting you may not been taken off the ticket sheet.

However as I know I didn’t volunteer for any meeting at Silverstone this year and this has happen more than once, I don’t see why I/we should pay the return postage when it’s obvious that Silverstone has a problem with their communications.
Old 7 Oct 2011, 11:46 (Ref:2967089)   #11
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour View Post
I’ve also received tickets for events I’ve haven’t volunteer for.

I’ve spoken as well as e-mail Penny and she tells me, the ticket requests are all done at the start of the year so if your were once down for the meeting you may not been taken off the ticket sheet.

However as I know I didn’t volunteer for any meeting at Silverstone this year and this has happen more than once, I don’t see why I/we should pay the return postage when it’s obvious that Silverstone has a problem with their communications.
ive had this aswell, i wouldnt worry about the btcc tickets then, some of you made me second guess myself and thought it was on this weekend! wait till monday and there should be a shiny envelope waiting...
Old 7 Oct 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2967110)   #12
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shockingly I have just received my tickets (as expected) for next week's BRSCC meeting at Rockingham, which I did volunteer for.

Clearly something must have gone wrong. I have nothing to moan about!
Old 7 Oct 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2967203)   #13
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Shockingly I have just received my tickets (as expected) for next week's BRSCC meeting at Rockingham, which I did volunteer for.

Clearly something must have gone wrong. I have nothing to moan about!
In that case, get off this thread and go and complain on the moaning thread.

PJ
Old 7 Oct 2011, 17:19 (Ref:2967224)   #14
juliet
Rookie

England
Daventry
I havnt recieved my tickets for the F3s and the GTs this weekend, emailed penny but havnt had a reply, still planning on showing up and seeing if i can sort it.
can anyone tell me what time sign on is in the morning?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2967233)   #15
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone might now of a gremlin in the works, or something? Basically, I've signed up for a number of events, but my tickets haven't turned up. One of these such events was the Britcar 24, although I used Karen's spare to get in and cleared everything with Roy before I started.

I have signed up for the BTCC at Silverstone, but I envisage the tickets not turning up. Who should I contact, or where should I go to? Ought I sign up again, or might that cause some headaches for the chief marshal?

Many thanks!

Glen.
The useful information here would be how you volunteered for the meetings? BMMC form? Individual club forms direct? Julian's site?
Old 7 Oct 2011, 19:00 (Ref:2967267)   #16
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mine was via regional BMMC site AND some on the BARC www
Old 7 Oct 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2967321)   #17
juliet
Rookie

England
Daventry
I also have been volunteering through the BMMC regional website