Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Oct 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2968183)   #1
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750 Cadwell Park - Thank you

To all those volunteers who travelled from near, far, and wide to marshal this weekend's 750 Cadwell meeting a big thank you, from me, the clerks, the club, the circuit and I'm sure the competitors too.

The number who attended either one or both days astounded me as the meeting did not feature on any original availability sheets in its final form.

Due to excellent marshalling and fast and efficient recovery an ambitious 2 day meeting was completed to programme and more or less on time each day (despite the weather).

I was pleased to hear that those who had ventured to Cadwell for the first time were keen to return next year (and will be more than welcome too).

Lobbying to have the meeting return next year has begun.

Old 9 Oct 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2968330)   #2
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David If you astounded by the number of marshals that attended Cadwell this weekend from far and wide, then you need to ask the question why and the answer is very simple. Which other circuit or indeed club/combination could, or would dare to run 26 races over 2 days in early October. I won't mention names as there are too many, suffice to say everything just comes together at Cadwell with virtually every club they work with. The marshals deal with things as marshals should do, they get down, sort out the problem and keep the meeting going. Race control, chivvy things along and never lose site of the time, the breakdowns are brilliant, they just get it sorted, and all the others that all work together to make it work.

Every other circuit in the country should look at how Cadwell do it, and do the same, it is hardly a wonder that so many of us come back time and time again.

A huge thank you to everyone - WELL DONE........

Bladders....
Old 9 Oct 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2968347)   #3
suebmick
Rookie

suebmick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink Drivers thanks

From all in the 750 Formula, a big thank you for standing in the rain all day & keeping us (mostly) on track! We know we wouldn't be there without you all
Sue Buxton-Harris
No 27 750F
Old 10 Oct 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2968513)   #4
Charlyw001
Rookie

Charlyw001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Meeting

It was a great meeting with a great team... When's the next one ? I'll be there with a spare set of tyres

Charlotte
Old 10 Oct 2011, 10:27 (Ref:2968565)   #5
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the first time in 30 years of going to Cadwell we were pressed for space for marshals and their bags!

Despite a dose of miserable weather the spirit couldn't be broken. Some of our southern brethren were surpised at our ability to multi-task and be organised. It just comes naturally and suggests we have a superior marshalling experience to the more 'prestigious' venues.

David, you just have to work a little harder on the Watson Words - 'You will have a lunch break'.

Long may Cadwell keep its ambience.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2968596)   #6
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlyw001 View Post
It was a great meeting with a great team... When's the next one ? I'll be there with a spare set of tyres

Charlotte
Hmmm Slicks???
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2968618)   #7
haystacks
Veteran

England
Sittingbourne Kent
haystacks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sat Nav worked, even in the unmapped part of the British Isles, and got us up to the hidden jewel of Cadwell.
Dave,Thanks for the ride in the course car and the welcome and friendlyness of the locals.
We will be back next year.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2968636)   #8
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New arm signal: If a driver pulls off to the paddock with his/her arm raised. this is a signal to all other competitors that they must follow him/her into the paddock!!

That was the most bizarre occurrence I have ever seen at a race meeting! Lucky that there was no damage though with the blind entry to the mountain.

Several people looked at the timetable and said 'there is no way they can finish this' and it even finished early, great organisation by 750mc.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:04 (Ref:2968640)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic end to the year, thanks to all those who organised.

Weather on Saturday evening was pretty dire, but then we had one of the year's best races. The second Formula 750 race was how it should be done.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2968709)   #10
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
New arm signal: If a driver pulls off to the paddock with his/her arm raised. this is a signal to all other competitors that they must follow him/her into the paddock!!

That was the most bizarre occurrence I have ever seen at a race meeting! Lucky that there was no damage though with the blind entry to the mountain.
I watched it all unfold from the mountain bottom and could hardly flag for laughing. The first car started the ball (not) rolling by stopping half way up the paddock entry road and bringing the two following to a stop also. The fourth in the train stopped because he didn't know whether to go to the paddock or continue and the car behind him tried to go round him and stalled completely blocking the track!
When the rest of the field formed an orderly queue behind our PC decided to ask race control for a stop as nobody seemed to want to race anymore!
Aren't 750 trophy drivers a bunch of gentlemen - it was the best bit of "after you Claude" i've ever seen.

Great weekend on the whole despite Haystacks and his merry men descending on my caravan on Friday night. Can you pick a bigger van to have a "do" in next time, 7 in a two berth was a bit much!!!!!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 10 Oct 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2968711)   #11
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flagman View Post
David, you just have to work a little harder on the Watson Words - 'You will have a lunch break'.

Long may Cadwell keep its ambience.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Don't blame Dave or the words as they were repeated several times in race control.
A combination of weather, early recoveries and a near impossible timetable led the clerk to a very hard decision amongst almost overwhelming words of disapproval.
In hindsight, I, for one, was glad we didn't run into even darker times pressing the curfew to its maximum.

My job is to either encourage the maker of the timetable to be kinder to us next year or pray for the weather and circumstances to give us the "luck" that we have had previously throughout the season that encouraged such a challenge to be placed on us.

But we did finish it all without any loss of races and for that we thank you all.
Only down side was that I had to forego my reindeer/swan steak.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2968735)   #12
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
Only down side was that I had to forego my reindeer/swan steak.

I feel myself a silly reply coming on, but think I might wait until returning from the pub........

Bladders
Old 10 Oct 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2968738)   #13
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a brilliant two days once again, but sadly missed the festivities saturday night.

However, a great weekend and a brilliant meeting.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 16:09 (Ref:2968760)   #14
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really cannot add much more.....Cadwell deserves all the praise it gets. The people in control are excellent and keep the meeting running with humour and expertise. The breakdown crews are the best in the country. The track is a real test for drivers and to win there must give you great satisfaction.
And marshalling is a pleasure are there are no gravel traps or safety cars (usually) which means that proper marshalling takes place .....and how good it feels to deal with incidents like we used to !!
The combination of Louth 'flesh pots'. ( and this year we found a fancy dress party of lovelies dressed as pirates) and guaranteed first class racing make the 200 mile there and back trek always worth it!
This section of southern Softies will return next year if we remain healthy , rest assured.
And I agree with The Vass that the second 750 formula race on Saturday was in the top ten races seen in over 40 years on the bank. Great race !
Early to bed tonight however.......
Old 10 Oct 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2968771)   #15
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cracking weekend - good company, close racing, slick organisation from RC meant that an unworkable time table worked! Fantastic recoveries from Chris Coote & co kept the day on course. Thanks to Dave for letting me flag - now realise how rusty I am & my arms ache!!!
Next time we get weather like we did on Saturday, i am going in the fire truck with Brian
Old 10 Oct 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2968853)   #16
dave vass
Racer

England
Kidderminster
dave vass should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my positions (in commentary boxes all over the country), seeing all that goes on trackside, I have to say nothing but praise for the way everything is done at Cadwell.
It's no wonder everyone wants to marshal there! I think that we should also commend Chris Norman (and his team) for keeping the 750 MC the great club that it is during his first year at the helm.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2968937)   #17
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave vass View Post
From my positions (in commentary boxes all over the country), seeing all that goes on trackside, I have to say nothing but praise for the way everything is done at Cadwell.
It's no wonder everyone wants to marshal there! I think that we should also commend Chris Norman (and his team) for keeping the 750 MC the great club that it is during his first year at the helm.
Have sent you a PM........
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2969262)   #18
timhoverd
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridge
timhoverd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barring the Birkett the meeting at Cadwell was my last outing this season.

Many, many, thanks to all the marshals and other officials for a fantastic meeting, not even dampened too much by the monsoon provided for our first race. It never ceases to amaze me how much enthusiasm I see from the marshals as I wave on the slowing down lap. Mind you, at Cadwell I always feel guilty that the people at Barn, for example, don't get any cheery waves from we racers because of the track layout.

I hope you all have a great end of the year; see you all out there again next year. I hope...

Tim Hoverd
RGB #50
Old 12 Oct 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2969960)   #19
ron1902
Racer

England
england
ron1902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
end of year

just like to say had a brilliant year at cadwell. finished for the year at 750 meeting.suffice to say thanks to all fellow marshals/circuit staff and drivers and any one else. also may you have a good xmas and new year and see you all next year for more fun and frivolity (if thats the correct spelling)