Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Jul 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2258250)   #26
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone
At Oulton i pressume
Awesome. Should be in and out of this one easy enough tomorrow then!
Old 26 Jul 2008, 20:32 (Ref:2258258)   #27
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup I'm there tomorrow (courtesy of tickets won through Ten Tenths, thanks again). Looking forward to it, my first race weekend at Brands, and my first visit to a WTCC round.

Quite excited really, more about seeing some racing at Brands rather than the WTCC aspect to be honest.
Old 26 Jul 2008, 20:37 (Ref:2258260)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If it's your first time at Brands make sure you take a walk around the GP loop. There's no PA system out there and it's a surprisingly long walk but it's well worth the effort.
Old 26 Jul 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2258264)   #29
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Where was everyone?
working the 4a gravel trap with a snotty BMW driver for company (morning and afternoon)
Old 26 Jul 2008, 20:50 (Ref:2258268)   #30
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There's no PA system out there and it's a surprisingly long walk but it's well worth the effort.
Still no PA system after all those years? Do they have a local AM/FM broadcast for those out on the loop to listen to anymore?
Old 26 Jul 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2258271)   #31
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Stupid as it sounds I believe they aren't allowed to install a PA system there due to the houses close by.

No sign of AM/FM coverage today. I wouldn't get your hopes up for tomorrow.
Old 26 Jul 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2258276)   #32
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great qualy for Yvan .. with 70kilos ballast..
could score well if he stays out of trouble

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Jul 2008, 23:11 (Ref:2258317)   #33
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Stupid as it sounds I believe they aren't allowed to install a PA system there due to the houses close by.
Martin and John had some good suggestions for what should be done with those house owners that complain
Old 26 Jul 2008, 23:29 (Ref:2258324)   #34
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

No sign of AM/FM coverage today. I wouldn't get your hopes up for tomorrow.
This is why diesel is good for motorsport .

Since the PA is next to useless when the cars are going by anyway - and if there's no radio as well, once we get the whole field diesel, we can hear what's going on
Old 27 Jul 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2258451)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Warm up
Old 27 Jul 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2258616)   #36
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I assume we were all at races today

Good races, great to see that F1 car round the GP circuit as well.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2258620)   #37
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched it on TV. Were the crowds of a decent size ?

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 27 Jul 2008, 20:42 (Ref:2258651)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Race 1
Race 2

Race 2 was great.

Why didn't the Volvo enter race 2?
Proteam

British circuits are the best of the world.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2258652)   #39
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Menu and Farfus don't seem to get along wel at Brands. I haven't seen the races. Was there anyone to blame?
Anyway, if you would put the head of Priaulx on the body of Farfus you would get an unbeatable tourigcardrivers, given Farfus' performances in race 2.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2258657)   #40
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I would say Menu
Old 27 Jul 2008, 21:32 (Ref:2258686)   #41
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
At the initial hit from Menu on Farfus I would say they both share the blame, but if I would had to blame 1 more than the other, it would be Farfus. After all Menu was already with 1 wheelpair right next to the grass, so when Farfus moved over Menu didnt have much option other than to hit him or fully steer of onto the grass.

In the end though it was actually Larini that eventually sent Farfus spinning into the barriers when Farfus cut across his his nose as well. Before that Farfus was still up in top 5.
Old 27 Jul 2008, 22:45 (Ref:2258722)   #42
priaulxfan
Rookie

priaulxfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was Priaulx's fastest lap time in the F1 car?
Old 28 Jul 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2258779)   #43
redshoes
Veteran

Unofficial time was 1:14 but only did one proper flying lap as that wasn't the point of the demo.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2258795)   #44
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good stuff I spent most of the two WTCC races at various points around the GP loop (took the chance while I can!), you can really notice the difference in the drivers level of commitment/confidence at corners like Westfield and Hawthorns (although I guess the same is true of Paddock).
Old 28 Jul 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2259148)   #45
AxelF
Racer

AxelF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farfus was in good shape in race 2 - I wouldn't bet a penny on his car after the accident.
I would think, that he had the chance to win both races, if he survived the first round in race one...

With his performance he would drive away in race one, and getting from 8 to 1 with a standing start and his competitiveness, would be no problem, i think...
Except without the safety car rounds.

Congrats to him! Maybe they should use a mental trainer to get him out of first-round-crazyness...

Chris
Old 28 Jul 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2259219)   #46
bathceltic
Rookie

Isle of Man
bathceltic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was my first wtcc race and i really enjoyed it. My 11 year old had a fantastic time and as the crowd was not too big he got loads of goes on th race o7 game, even his old dad won one! All the drivers were pleasant and i got nice hellos from farfus and a few others from my deckchair as they walked past me on their way back from signing and my poor lad queued only to find they had gone by the time he got to the front! All the people on the stalls were great and I enjoyed the racing. For families I would call it a real winner. For me Farfus was the star with his run in the second race.
Old 28 Jul 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2259240)   #47
Winchester
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hinckley, Leics - near Mallory Park
Winchester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a great weekend - fantastic weather, nice atmosphere on the campsite and two cracking WTCC races.
I thought the idea of having two races back-to-back would be a good thing but in hindsight it would have been good to have a few hours' break between them. It kinda ended the anticipation for the rest of the day!
Old 28 Jul 2008, 23:37 (Ref:2259321)   #48
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All to do with Eurosport and the finishing of the Tour de France, apparently.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 01:57 (Ref:2259333)   #49
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelF
Maybe they should use a mental trainer to get him out of first-round-crazyness...
I fully agree. He is such a huge talent but the amount of times he has crashed out from potentially high scoring placements this year is beginning to be ridiculous.

He would likely be the highest scoring BMW this year, perhaps even lead the championship overall, if he could just stay on track more. Somebody just needs to teach him that you cannot win the race on the first lap, only lose it.
Old 29 Jul 2008, 11:25 (Ref:2259522)   #50
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somebody should teach him that other cars are solid objects you can't just wish away

Tags
wtcc