Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Sep 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2959653)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Being ready to complete my first F1 volunteering form. For some reason this makes me happy
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2968777)   #52
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The amazing turnout for the 750 meeting at Cadwell this last weekend, the fantastic marshalling and recovery work that meant the "ambitious" programme worked and the generous comments that have come my way since all make me very very happy (and very very humble).

Let's keep this thread going folks!!

Old 11 Oct 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2969236)   #53
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britcar. Wow. Despite some circuit issues, mainly with catering (or lack of...) Britcar go out of their way to make the event a success and as comfortable for all as possible. Easily the best meeting i've done all year (despite *only* attending one incident, the smart-turned-dice car) and probably the best ever in the 7+ years i've been marshalling. Love every single sun-soaked minute of it and will be the 1st on my list for 2012 without doubt. Everyone should give it a go.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2969245)   #54
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Owen View Post
Let's keep this thread going folks!!

yes i was going to try and bump the thread last week but i had nothing positive to say!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2969249)   #55
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed with Hepatic on the Britcar. My memory is of almost a strobe effect of stills of the Smart at different angles as it came towards us. Glad to hear us locals at Village didn't scare you off and that Oulton on Tour enjoyed themselves at Luffield.

Good support races throughout the weekend (particularly the Caterhams and MX5s). My first use of an extinguisher in anger (only a tiddly fire on a Porsche exhaust at Becketts Centre on Saturday afternoon, but it all builds confidence). A main race that was building into a cracker until the Mosler blew up towards the end and was still damn good in the down the field battles after that.
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2969253)   #56
SuperDuff
Racer

United Kingdom
Devon
SuperDuff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
Britcar. Wow. Despite some circuit issues, mainly with catering (or lack of...) Britcar go out of their way to make the event a success and as comfortable for all as possible. Easily the best meeting i've done all year (despite *only* attending one incident, the smart-turned-dice car) and probably the best ever in the 7+ years i've been marshalling. Love every single sun-soaked minute of it and will be the 1st on my list for 2012 without doubt. Everyone should give it a go.

We have always enjoyed spectating it, but marshalling it was even better. It is definitely on our list for next year!
Old 11 Oct 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2969259)   #57
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My happy stuff with marshaling, and in no particular order are....

1. The appreciation from everyone, drivers, team bosses and other marshals, for just being there
2. Getting a wave from a grateful driver at the end of a race
3. My madness being equalled by other marshals
4. My partner and children being welcomed at sign on and post as part of the "crew"
5. Getting a better view (sometimes) and closer to the action then any other mere mortal
Old 11 Oct 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2969309)   #58
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2000 View Post
My happy stuff with marshaling, and in no particular order are....
3. My madness being equalled by other marshals

what the hell! love it...
Old 13 Oct 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2970402)   #59
juliet
Rookie

England
Daventry
juliet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After speccying for many years I still, after a season and a half, am not used to being welcomed anywhere trackside just because you are clad in rather attractive orange. especially when the teams let me use the kettle in their garage.

I may not still be used to going anywhere i want but i do miss it when i am on the other side of the fence!