Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Sep 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2952053)   #1
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The (hopefully permanent) "Moaning" thread

In the grand tradition of Internet Fora (no, not Forums!) I bring you:

The hopefully permanent "Moaning" thread

This is the place to put your moans and whinges, especially if they might otherwise end up in a thread where they're not appropriate.

Bothered about track layout, line of sight, rubbish flags, potholes, slippery steps, fences, lunch breaks (or lack thereof), tickets not turning up five months before the event, the fact that the brilliant sunshine you booked didn't turn up when you forgot your wet weather gear? Feeling incredulous at the ignorance of everyone who isn't involved in marshalling? Put your comments in here.

Be prepared though: the entire point of this thread is to get the arguments out of the other ones, so a little light-hearted banter won't go amiss. Try not to get too steamed up, we're all on the same side after all. Apart from when we're not

There's a counterpoint thread - the "The (hopefully permanent) "Happy Stuff" thread". It should be obvious what to do in that one!

Have fun!
Old 7 Sep 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2952102)   #2
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!

How can I report contact between noisy race cars within 30seconds if I don't know if the phone has been picked up in race control due to ambient noise at my end?

Maybe you could radio me to let me know.......................
after all the earpice is inside my ear defenders.

Old 7 Sep 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2952275)   #3
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Steak and Kidney pies, and the quality or non availability of said items !
The world was a much better place when a decent Cow and offal snack could be easily found !
Old 7 Sep 2011, 17:07 (Ref:2952296)   #4
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Space saver spare wheels, they are ok until you need to use one, you first empty the boot to get the kit out to change the wheel, you take the punctured road wheel off the car and fit the spacer, what do you do with the punctured wheel, it won't fit in the boot and the wife or kids wont have it on there lap. Are you suposed to leave it at the side of the road!!!!
Old 7 Sep 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2952303)   #5
Charlyw001
Rookie

Charlyw001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
moaning thread

You have a space saver spare wheel ? Wow I don't even get that all my car has is a small tin of gloop and instructions in german or japanese how to use it provided the hole is at the bottom of the tyre [doh]

Why not put the spare wheel on the roof of the car or on the bonnet that way you've got an excuse not to go and buy a roof box then moan about fuel economy

Enough from me.... Don't get me started on the cow and offal pies but at least I know what the pork pie thread is/was

Charlotte
Old 7 Sep 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2952333)   #6
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlyw001 View Post
You have a space saver spare wheel ? Wow I don't even get that all my car has is a small tin of gloop
Our car had one of those until it exploded all over me, my wife & the car while trying to use it on a wet & windy Saturday night at Rosslare ferryport in Ireland.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2952340)   #7
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like this thread
Old 7 Sep 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2952384)   #8
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticker Rub View Post
I don't like this thread
typical, the thread has turned to moaning already....

*i'll get my goat*
Old 7 Sep 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2952398)   #9
Sticker Rub
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Sticker Rub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Powercuts. I pay throught the nose for all those electrons & whichever money grabbing, foreign owned utility is currently syphoning my bank account each month can't even keep them flowing while I'm trying to renew my car insurance. Don't get me started on car insurance premiums... (nobody mention I work for a well known broker & abuser of rodents)

That's not bad, I make that 3 moans in 1 post.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 01:33 (Ref:2952480)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motorway driving standards in the UK.
It's not rocket science. Everyone is travelling in the same direction, you don't have to drive into each other.
The main principle of overtaking is that you have to go faster than the vehicle you're overtaking.
If you're not overtaking anything, get out of the
f---ing way!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2952531)   #11
mikenunn-78
Racer

United Kingdom
mikenunn-78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car indicators people! God gave you them to make up for my lack of psychic abilty!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2952532)   #12
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenunn-78 View Post
Car indicators people! God gave you them to make up for my lack of psychic abilty!
It is illegal to use indicators while driving a black cab!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2952540)   #13
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shouldn't this thread be for marshaling moans? Otherwise it's a Parc Ferme thread?

Yeah - that's a moan!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2952551)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
Shouldn't this thread be for marshaling moans? Otherwise it's a Parc Ferme thread?

Yeah - that's a moan!
Quite right. General moans go here
Old 8 Sep 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2952552)   #15
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree numbersix. If you want to talk about general moans there is a thread in Parc Ferme for those, lets keep these to marshalling ones.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2952572)   #16
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post

Yeah - that's a moan!
perfectly right in what youre saying, but parc ferme is complete ********, its a novel idea but talking about football on here should be banned!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 10:37 (Ref:2952602)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I did suggest it was for marshalling moans. I thought perhaps I'd let someone else point out the fact that Miss DePoint seemed to have arrived in force
Old 8 Sep 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2952621)   #18
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moans about the moans ... and more moans about the other place to moan

sad state of affairs

Dave
Old 8 Sep 2011, 11:23 (Ref:2952632)   #19
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I did suggest it was for marshalling moans. I thought perhaps I'd let someone else point out the fact that Miss DePoint seemed to have arrived in force
good thread greem, that thread that woolley pointed out is kind of in subject, its a very old thread nothing wrong that but the comments on there are a million miles away from marshalling gripes. you should set up a poll, to merge or not to merge?!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 11:45 (Ref:2952646)   #20
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
you should set up a poll, to merge or not to merge?!
As that's in the Parc Ferme forum, not the Marshals Forum - no merge. That's the "letting off steam about all things" thread, not the "letting off steam about marshalling matters" thread that this is supposed to be
Old 8 Sep 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2952648)   #21
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Here's a real live marshalling whinge: how long should it take circuit staff to remedy a fault with a post - minutes, hours, days, weeks, months?

I ask because I reported the hook to hold the SC/Hazard boards on post 23 at Donington as being broken; they came to look at it, and two weeks later it was still broken. I had to fashion a temporary one from some wire that was hanging round behind the post.

Maybe it was the temporary one that's made it not be rectified...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2952660)   #22
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
23 years and counting in some cases...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2952667)   #23
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Here's a real live marshalling whinge: how long should it take circuit staff to remedy a fault with a post - minutes, hours, days, weeks, months?

I ask because I reported the hook to hold the SC/Hazard boards on post 23 at Donington as being broken; they came to look at it, and two weeks later it was still broken. I had to fashion a temporary one from some wire that was hanging round behind the post.

Maybe it was the temporary one that's made it not be rectified...
Lucky to have brackets to hold the SC board.
Idea - can all circuits intoduce a "swinging arm" device for Safety Car boards so it can free up a pair of hands ?
I have had at the same time - Safety Car with yellow flag + Black and White flag and commpetitor number ,Drive Thru notice with Black flag and Competitor number!
Better still go with electronic display signage?
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2952681)   #24
sunny.traveller
Racer

sunny.traveller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Waking up at 5:15am on a Saturday morning/6.15am on a Sunday morning in order to get to Brands Hatch in time for sign on and discovering on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday at 5.15am that I have reset my body clock to wake up at that early for the rest of the week, arrgghh!
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:34 (Ref:2952682)   #25
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simply late finishes..................

Bladders.