Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Oct 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2967623)   #1
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA Awards for volunteers in Motorsport

I see where the FIA are going to give awards to officials or other volunteers who help with running motorsport events.
Will this be recognition for those who spend many hours on a wet and windy bank?

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...unsung-heroes/

I know not every one has access to the reference but its where I found the information, but it seems to be one of Jean Todt's ideas.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2967626)   #2
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Will this be recognition for those who spend many hours on a wet and windy bank?
Not forgetting of course that a lot of marshalling happens in places other than "on the bank"
Old 8 Oct 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2967669)   #3
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I see where the FIA are going to give awards to officials or other volunteers who help with running motorsport events.

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/fe...unsung-heroes/

I know not every one has access to the reference but its where I found the information, but it seems to be one of Jean Todt's ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the FIA World Council Statement
VOLUNTEERS AND OFFICIALS

As previously agreed by the WMSC, annual FIA awards will be presented to volunteers and officials in order to recognise the valuable work of motor sport personnel around the world. In addition to the six awards for senior and other officials, marshals and scrutineers, the eligibility for the inaugural award for the ‘Outstanding Official of the Year’ will be extended – for 2011 only – to any exceptional official from any period of motor sport. The 2011 award will therefore be presented to the ‘Most Outstanding Official’. ASNs must send their nominations to the FIA by 15 October.
source: http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pre...sc-230911.aspx
Old 9 Oct 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2968223)   #4
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm, maybe i should remind Mr Todt that I lead him to the only open petrol station in kielder forest a few years ago
Old 10 Oct 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2968802)   #5
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I've blown my chances for this year then, haven't I - having done not a lot since April.

Unless the 24Hr Clerks nominate my tea/coffee making abilities........!