Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:33 (Ref:2973806)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
* You sit for hours on end arguing the toss on a motorsport forum, when there are so many better things you should spend your time doing!
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2973808)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When your start page is 10-Tenths...
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2973810)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2973812)   #29
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
When your start page is 10-Tenths...
Phew, i'm not that sad
Old 19 Oct 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2973827)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Phew, i'm not that sad
Yeah...

When you're moderator of a F1 forum for the last 10 years...
Old 19 Oct 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2973863)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
......you think that other people on the forum are sadder than you.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2973867)   #32
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
You know you’re obsessed with Formula 1 when:
• You take the racing line under any circumstances, such as walking up a staircase.
• You describe your underwear colour as 'British Racing Green'.
• You reach a petrol station, and hope to be out of there within 9 seconds, and hopefully without a fuel nozzle jammed into your car.
Sort of combinations from the above.

Ride-on lawn-mower for the outfield at cricket pitch. Racing line is ever decreasing circle, with minimum overlap on previous cut. Mower is obviously 'British Racing Green' (not Alto Green). Emptying cuttings is timed as a pitstop. As circle get smaller towards the square, consider this to be improving lap times!

And you know you've got it 'all a bit Massa', when you pull away from a cutting emptying before the collector is empty but still raised - The front end will lift, and the cuttings are strewn all over the place needing to be picked up and the end of the run much like marbles.
Old 19 Oct 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2973868)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post

When you're moderator of a F1 forum for the last 10 years...

And a highly respected one at that my friend !
Old 19 Oct 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2973901)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
And a highly respected one at that my friend !
Thank you my friend !
Old 20 Oct 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2974080)   #35
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thought of a new one on the drive home.

You keep checking every turn for blue flags waved at the slow traffic blocking the 'track' in front of you.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2974082)   #36
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You really enjoy telling your NASCAR neighbors about f1 happenings and knowing they don't understand a thing you are talking about.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 01:12 (Ref:2974083)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
.....you think that the taxi that just cut you up should be sent to the back of the queue. But isn't it just everyone that thinks that?

.....you start warming your tyres and brakes up when crawling behind a silver Mercedes CLK in heavy traffic.

.....you don't understand why the sat-nav hasn't told you that it started raining five minutes ago.

.....you ask 'whose frickin idea was it' to call at the service station when you obviously had enough fuel in the tank to get you home.

Last edited by Marbot; 20 Oct 2011 at 01:25. Reason: On a roll
Old 20 Oct 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2974086)   #38
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everytime a tuned exhaust equipped auto/motorcycle goes by the house you immediately smell racing fuel.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 09:21 (Ref:2974184)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Please feel free to add your own.

Another that occurred to me after a bath just now:

• You put both hands on either side of the bath to pull yourself out of it and are reminded of an F1 driver exiting the cockpit.

Brilliant....

I counted half of those at least as applicable

Particularly like the racing line up and down stairs and when walking around...
Another couple:

You reverse your car into the garage so that it's ready to 'roll' out again for the next 'hot lap' (think camera shots as car exits garage and rolls down pit lane on the limiter)

When stuck behind anything with flashing lights (I.E. tose hse roadworks contraflow convoy vans) a tractor/other it's an instant 'SC' declaration to any passengers (or oneself if on own....)

Last edited by chunterer; 20 Oct 2011 at 09:27.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2974204)   #40
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a bit like Steve Mcqueen on this one;

"Everything else is just waiting"
Old 20 Oct 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2974209)   #41
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
  • You use a two stage clutch release for the best performance from a standing start
Old 20 Oct 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2974223)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You don't follow exactly in the wheeltracks of the car in front to avoid overheating/dirty air.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 15:33 (Ref:2974353)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

... You are proud to share the same birthday of a double world champion !
Old 20 Oct 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2974368)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
- You refer to an early Elise as a Lotus/Rover, late models as a Lotus/Toyota.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2974405)   #45
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you make investment decisions based on what companies sponsor F1.

drive around for miles because Shell fuel is the only gas good enough for your car.

time your gas station attendant and offer pointers to on how to improve your 'pit stop' times.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2974623)   #46
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whilst trying to decide what drink to get in the petrol station, you feel a smidgen of guilt for picking up a Red Bull when you're a McLaren fan.

What is stronger than your Red Bull-based guilt is the feeling that the cashier is going to look at your McLaren t-shirt and think what a terrible fan you are.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 09:13 (Ref:2974636)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You question the rationale of anyone you see walking around out outside while the Grand Prix is on. Don't they want to hurry to get home?

Other people question your rationale when they see you with two computers and the TV on, one for the GP, one for the live timing and one for the driver tracker and/or forum. This is of course a completely normal thing to do and does not make anyone obsessive. Ah, damn- I just said it did.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 12:47 (Ref:2974726)   #48
3point0v8
Rookie

3point0v8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Whilst trying to decide what drink to get in the petrol station, you feel a smidgen of guilt for picking up a Red Bull when you're a McLaren fan.

What is stronger than your Red Bull-based guilt is the feeling that the cashier is going to look at your McLaren t-shirt and think what a terrible fan you are.
Or when you feel guilty buying a McLaren MP4-12C because you're a Renault fan.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 14:25 (Ref:2974759)   #49
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Someone cuts in right in front of you whilst walking down the street or moves around twice in front of you and you turn to you friend and broadcast loud enough so anyone within earshot can hear you "He/she's got to get a penalty for that, hasn't he?".
Old 21 Oct 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2974843)   #50
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3point0v8 View Post
Or when you feel guilty buying a McLaren MP4-12C because you're a Renault fan.
Or really want to win the lottery, to be able to buy a Mclaren F1, and then do a Jeremy Clarkson and explode the car to smithereens because you're a Ferrari fan..
Or laughing out loud when reading magazine articles comparing the Ferrari 458 vs the Mclaren and seeing the Mclaren beaten everytime. Or the MP4-12C descirbed as a pair of tights, whereas the 458 is stockings.