1 4 5.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Mar 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3381643)   #51
Zico
Racer

Zico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
I can understand people being sad or annoyed by the sound of the new cars, but the amount of people saying they wont bother watching the sport just because they don't like the sound baffles me to be honest.

Is that all we watch F1 for? The sound. Fair enough if that's the case, but seems a bit over sensitive to me.
I guess it's just been part and Parcel of F1 for such a long time that it just doesn't feel right when such an emotive part of it is reduced so much, it also removes from the spectacle too I think.

Moving microphones to nearer the tracks and altering the audio mixing would probably help a lot, I think they will get there.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3381817)   #52
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As well, I'm deciding to unveil the reasons why I rated the race 10.

+3 for Magnussen's podium
+2 for Ricciardo's first podium (got later disqualified)
+1 for Rosberg's win
+3 for Kvyat's first points finish in his first race
+1 for Vergne's first points finish since 2013 Canadian GP
Old 19 Mar 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3381836)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
I can understand people being sad or annoyed by the sound of the new cars, but the amount of people saying they wont bother watching the sport just because they don't like the sound baffles me to be honest.

Is that all we watch F1 for? The sound. Fair enough if that's the case, but seems a bit over sensitive to me.
Unforunately, when it comes to aesthetics and I think the sound of an engine in motorsport can be deemed as having an aesthetic quality, they can put people off. If you take the current IndyCar, the DW12, a lot of fans disliked it. The previous car had been around for ages, with its droning Honda engine and many fans were looking forward to return to turbos and hopefully a car that might resemble one from the CART era and bring back a bit of nostalgia to the sport. Fans on US motorports forums said they wouldn't watch anymore purely because of its looks, which in turn has impacted on the already poor TV viewing figures. Sadly, the irony with the DW12 is, it has produced some really good racing compared to its predecessor the IR-05 and some of lasts season's races were better than some GPs I watched.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3381841)   #54
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
As well, I'm deciding to unveil the reasons why I rated the race 10.

+3 for Magnussen's podium
+2 for Ricciardo's first podium (got later disqualified)
+1 for Rosberg's win
+3 for Kvyat's first points finish in his first race
+1 for Vergne's first points finish since 2013 Canadian GP
I understand your obvious excitement, but was that really the perfect race all-round?

On that logic, Brazil 2008 must have been a 27, or something

I gave it a 6.

I got too excited on the week or two leading up to it, and it slightly failed to deliver. It was pretty standard stuff during the middle phase of the race alá what we saw last season.

Was good to see the drivers wrestle with the cars, though. And the mics need better placement for these new engines.

Selby
Old 20 Mar 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3382110)   #55
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets be perfectly honest, if you were Danish then this race probably was a 10.
Old 25 Mar 2014, 00:29 (Ref:3383880)   #56
KSR88
Rookie

United States
California
KSR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I give it a six because on a ten scale a 7 is meaningless--8 means good--it wasn't so it was more to average. But better than expected.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 16:09 (Ref:3384678)   #57
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zico View Post
I guess it's just been part and Parcel of F1 for such a long time that it just doesn't feel right when such an emotive part of it is reduced so much, it also removes from the spectacle too I think.

Moving microphones to nearer the tracks and altering the audio mixing would probably help a lot, I think they will get there.
I guess so, and I agree that they can and probably will do something about it.