Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the Bahrain Grand Prix?
10 27 25.71%
9 54 51.43%
8 19 18.10%
7 4 3.81%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 1 0.95%
1 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3389302)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the race: Bahrain Grand Prix

What score do you give the Bahrain Grand Prix?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3389343)   #2
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as I didn't like the result, the team mate battles were very intriguing. The battle between Hamilton and Rosberg reminded me of the Villeneuve/Arnoux battle back in the day! I rated this race a 10 because it actually had me up and off the couch a few times!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3389345)   #3
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best racing on the planet !!! (this week ).
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3389347)   #4
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9, one of the best GPs in recent years
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3389348)   #5
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's over already? give more!!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3389349)   #6
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Would give it 10 if it wasn't for Mercedes dominating soooooooooooooo much, but still a memorable one.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3389353)   #7
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10! Can't imagine modern Formula 1 being much better!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3389357)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given it an 8. I don't give 10s because I'm still waiting for the perfect race, but what more could you possibly want from a GP?

It only loses a mark because of Mercedes' dominance, but if the two of them are going to be that close, then I'll remain happy.

Got to be said, apart from the noise (the lack thereof), these new regulations might have done the trick...
Old 6 Apr 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3389359)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To top it all off...Brian Johnson of AC/DC doing the interviews!! Amazing!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3389368)   #10
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3389369)   #11
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Hard to expect much more than this.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3389370)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What a cracker!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3389371)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
To top it all off...Brian Johnson of AC/DC doing the interviews!! Amazing!
\m/
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3389372)   #14
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 great racing best for awhile
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3389373)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a great race, one of the best I've seen in quite a while. The first 14 laps or so were excellent, lots of battles with drivers locking up and flat spotting their tyres and like many GPs I thought it would become just another procession after the first round of pit stops but no, the battles continued and the racing continued right up until the chequered flag! I've never given a race 10 but if a race deserves it it's this one. 10
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:22 (Ref:3389379)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rate the race: Bahrain Grand Prix

Dreadful, all that is wrong with F1. Technically uninteresting and above all quiet cars. Tedious racing. Ugly noses. A fuel efficiency formula, with gimmicks and rubbish tyres. Pay drivers everywhere. What is to like.

No zero so I will vote 1.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:23 (Ref:3389380)   #17
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was going to give it a 9, but then I realized how rare it is to have multiple laps of side by side racing for the lead in Open wheel road racing (even those 'battles' in Indycar last year were out-braking) especially in Formula 1 so it gets a 10.
The only thing better than the great battle for the lead was the racing from p3-10 which was pretty much contested from lights to flag.

Also confirms my opinion that Bahrain, Shanghai and the A1 Ring are the best Tilke dromes while India, Autism and Korea with their 200 corners in sector 3 which split the cars up in the name of 'driver challenge' are the worst. Keep it simple, stupid.

Easy 10
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3389384)   #18
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great race! 9 from me.

I'm saving the 10 for when Force India get a win!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3389385)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10. So much goodness.

Night race meant a friendlier live time for N.America which was a plus. Race director did great making sure we got all the action. As near to perfect as one could expect imo.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3389389)   #20
AngusJ
Rookie

United States
Texas
AngusJ has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Terrific race!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3389402)   #21
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

F1 is back!!!... for now

Love seeing the Silver Arrows at the front once more
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3389405)   #22
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was literaly THUNDERSTRUCK!! Brian Johnson!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3389407)   #23
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post
I was literaly THUNDERSTRUCK!! Brian Johnson!
If you remember I voiced concern after Benedict did it last time, not because he did a bad job (he didn't) but because it obviously opened the door for all sort of 'A' listers who are utterly ignorant of and irrelevant to F1 being asked to do it. We didn't have to wait long for my worst fears to be realised.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3389408)   #24
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
If you remember I voiced concern after Benedict did it last time, not because he did a bad job (he didn't) but because it obviously opened the door for all sort of 'A' listers who are utterly ignorant of and irrelevant to F1 being asked to do it. We didn't have to wait long for my worst fears to be realised.
To be fair, Brian Johnson is a car guy and probably knows a decent amount about F1.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3389410)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He came across as a big fan to me.