Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Jan 2020, 10:29 (Ref:3952894)   #76
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Could you please learn how to write? Reading your posts is infuriating, no capital letters, unnecessary spaces everywhere, particularly when using question marks, terrible, lazy spelling. I refuse to believe you don't have access to a spelling checker.
This post brings up some interesting results when passed through a readability checker....
Old 23 Jan 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3952903)   #77
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Top 5 would be:

1. Menu
2. Aiello
3. Giovanardi
4. Biela
5. Winkelhock
Old 23 Jan 2020, 12:15 (Ref:3952908)   #78
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I certainly agree with that and would add arrogant to the description too - he was always the fastest man down the pit lane, even in open practice!
Ha ha. Never saw him live mores the pity
Old 23 Jan 2020, 12:33 (Ref:3952912)   #79
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
I believe, you saw too less races of Roland Asch. Maybe you only saw the strange move with Christian Abt. But that wasn't Roland Asch, like he was elsewhere.

And with Pirro...i heard, that there are different opinions with him, especially in Italy.
No i saw also what he did to nannini in dtm 94...
About Pirro in all his period in touring car I dont remember such a bad move that he did it.
Old 23 Jan 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3952927)   #80
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
And with Pirro...i heard, that there are different opinions with him, especially in Italy.
He never drove for Alfa

I remember Augusto Farfus being one of the more robust drivers, especially when working as part of the Alfa mob in the ETCC/WTCC
Old 23 Jan 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3952948)   #81
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I still think Farfus biggest brain fade was when wiped out his BMW team mates at the start of the Brno race in 09 and handing the advantage to their SEAT rivals. Thankfully Zanardi in his BMW was able to save the day and came through to win
Old 23 Jan 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3952966)   #82
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Nice to see this thread awaken, thanks for the contributions.

Although it seems that the most recent posters in this thread only recognise drivers from Class 1 and Class 2 (aka DTM/ITC and Supertouring)

i'm curious to learn is that because that is the era some of you feel is the 'best' or because your experience only goes back to the 90's?
Old 23 Jan 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3952972)   #83
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman-1987 View Post
My answers are:
Toughest: Aiello/Menu
Best Engineer: RML/ Audi Sport
Best Development Driver: Pirro/Menu
Most Entertaining: H.J. Stuck / Thompson
Most Melodramatic: Radisch
Most Stressed Out: Winkelhock
Most Relaxed: Pirro
Did the most with his talent: Cleland
Did the least: Morbidelli
Most underrated: Abt
Most overrated: Radisich, Van Ommen
Dirtiest: Asch light year farest from the rest of other drivers, Winkelhock (he pushed off Biela in World cup 1994 and in last round of STW in 1995), Morbidelli
Cleanest: Pirro, Aiello, Menu
Best: probably Aiello and Menù who are the only 2 dri
er to win a championship with 2 differents manufactures
Melodramatic. Radisitch? Mansell surely?!
Old 23 Jan 2020, 22:03 (Ref:3953015)   #84
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do remember Wattie on the 98 season review said Our Nige should get an academy award for his acting
Old 24 Jan 2020, 00:13 (Ref:3953030)   #85
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Have you ever considered that some Tenthers might have accessibility difficulties with their sight, reading, comprehension or writing and the way they present their posts is to work around those issues?
Everyone has access to spelling and grammar checking. I'm dyslexic but thanks to access to readily available tools on both my laptop and my phone, I hope my posts don't usually give that away.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 10:50 (Ref:3953096)   #86
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Nice to see this thread awaken, thanks for the contributions.

Although it seems that the most recent posters in this thread only recognise drivers from Class 1 and Class 2 (aka DTM/ITC and Supertouring)

i'm curious to learn is that because that is the era some of you feel is the 'best' or because your experience only goes back to the 90's?
Finding decent footage of the 60s and 70s is pretty difficult so I reckon, for most fans around my age, knowledge only goes back as far as Supertouring and perhaps Group A for the sake of youtube coverage and online information (and the mythological stories of the Class 2 era).

I'm going to throw in Andy Priaulx and Yvan Muller as my picks as the best drivers followed by Radisitch, Menu and Aiello, though my personal favourites were naturally Tarquini and Giovanardi..
Old 28 Jan 2020, 16:48 (Ref:3954231)   #87
Maggo
Racer

Germany
Maggo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cecotto
Old 1 Feb 2020, 16:20 (Ref:3955023)   #88
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid