Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:39 (Ref:3838020)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least Merc just ask their driver to do what they want.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3838021)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And was shown on the in car in pit lane and then left, it wasn't a lost control and then slide through the grass. It was an intentional pit lane commit with radio call and then left. It's a f'in joke and now radio call to tell VB to not race LH with an apology, sorry Toto you don't want racing like you claim. That's why you signed VB cause he'll do what you want, at least Kimi made the team say let Seb by to make sure everyone knew.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3838022)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
People could die! Good point. He should be banned.
No, people HAVE. WHAT'S THE POINT OF SAFETY RULES IF WE IGNORE THEM?? Also LH actually did PASS the safety car, which I believe is a spelled it under the rules exclusion offense. But I get it, you want to have his babies and think Lewis is the national hero. He's not, he's an ass, he's fast but a cry baby ass. Almost as much as Seb is
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3838023)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sainz gets a 10s penalty for overtaking under SC. Only 10s?! People could die! Should be exclusion at least.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3838024)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like it's going to be a fairy tale result for Hamilton and Mercedes.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3838025)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I love the in race passion.

I particularly like how you think I’m a massive Hamilton fan. rationale thought has deserted you. I prefer that to the thinly veiled racisted comment I once got.

Anyway I’m going to vote for Hamilton and Mercedes for quick thinking on the pit entry and for sensible team orders.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:47 (Ref:3838026)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Love concurs all! I feel there is a new tattoo coming!
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3838028)   #58
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Ugh, what a **** race. Everybody waiting for rain and a tiny mistake by Vettel that he doesn't get away with. Hamilton's insane luck is starting to get incredibly annoying.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3838030)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
What we need is more tarmac run off so mistakes aren’t punished like this.

It’s not luck, he prayed beforehand. Love concurs all.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:01 (Ref:3838032)   #60
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
broadrun96 you’re probably looking for this.

Not sure anyone died.

I don’t remember this so can’t comment if it actually comparable.
Attached Thumbnails
61FED475-82EA-4599-A98E-ABC14E0A9C01.jpeg  
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3838033)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because they have previously excluded people for intentional cutting off safety markers and there is a commit bollard at pit lane. He was right of the bollard and in pit lane then cut through and exited. The proper line is to driven through, which would have cost him no time as they were under SC and he was in front. What's the point of having the rule and commit marker but then saying well it's Lewis so who gives a F. Then get rid of the bollard and let everyone dive for pit lane as they used to. Oh that's why cause people have died doing that stupidity.

But can you point to which regulation Hamilton was in breach of, when aborting his pit entry?

The regulations say that if you are entering or exiting the pit, you have to keep inside the bollard and lines respectively. What they do not say though, is that if you decide to not go into the pit you need to go outside of the bollard or lines.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:04 (Ref:3838035)   #62
insane014
Rookie

insane014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold on! Hamilton went to pits and then had a quick change of hearts, cut back to the track over gravel and he gets no penalty? From what I can remember as soon as you step on the pit lane entry you have to go to the pits you can't come out of it and go back to the track
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3838036)   #63
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that Vettel's crash effected the race outcome. It looked like Hamilton's race after Merc switched him to the ultrasoft and he started undercutting. Vettel wouldn't have been able to get to the end on those tires. There was some odd 20 laps to go on those tire which were already 20 laps old. Hamilton was close enough to undercut Vettel when Vettel pitted.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:08 (Ref:3838037)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Not sure anyone died.

It is comparable, but I think (not sure though) that pit entry line regs vary per circuit. Exit lines are all the same, but I think entry lines are like tarmac run off - what you can and cannot do is discussed in the drivers briefing at the start of the weekend. So it may be a case of it being legal because they didn't say it wasn't.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3838038)   #65
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Not sure anyone died.

I don't remember that particular incident either but I did think it was a breach of the regulation.

Didn't someone else get penalised for a similar incident in the Mexican GP a couple of years ago?
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3838040)   #66
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I don't think that Vettel's crash effected the race outcome. It looked like Hamilton's race after Merc switched him to the ultrasoft and he started undercutting. Vettel wouldn't have been able to get to the end on those tires. There was some odd 20 laps to go on those tire which were already 20 laps old. Hamilton was close enough to undercut Vettel when Vettel pitted.
No way, Hamilton had to nurse his tyres the same way Vettel would. He would have gotten P2 because Bottas would have let him through.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:48 (Ref:3838043)   #67
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From Race directors notes on the FIA event page for Hockenheim:

Quote:
8) Lines or bollards at the pit entry and pit exit
8.1 In accordance with Chapter 4 (Section 5) of Appendix L to the ISC drivers must keep to the right of the white line at the pit exit when leaving the pits, no part of any car leaving the pits may cross this line.
8.2 For safety reasons drivers must stay to the right of the bollard at the pit entry when entering the pits.
https://www.fia.com/file/70745/download?token=OO5Dtk1p

The question is whether staying to the right of the bollard obliges a driver to continue through the pits.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3838044)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It is comparable, but I think (not sure though) that pit entry line regs vary per circuit. Exit lines are all the same, but I think entry lines are like tarmac run off - what you can and cannot do is discussed in the drivers briefing at the start of the weekend. So it may be a case of it being legal because they didn't say it wasn't.
They do vary and it d pthe nds on what is discussed.

I’d have to watch again to know what Hamilton actually did to see how that relates to the rules quoted.

Whatever he has lovely hair.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3838045)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They do vary and it d pthe nds on what is discussed.

I’d have to watch again to know what Hamilton actually did to see how that relates to the rules quoted.

Whatever he has lovely hair.
Are you alright Adam? It appears you had a stroke during the first sentence. Was it the Robbie Williams from the Renault soundtrack that caused it?

Judging by the rules posted by ScotsBrutesFan, it looks like it was legal. Won't satisfy everyone, but looks like it's fine by the letter of the law.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3838046)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You should be more worried by the last sentence
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3838047)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He’s going to see the headmaster.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ntry-confusion
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3838048)   #72
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baku 2016 per Raik
FIA Stewards Decision

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, examined video evidence, have considered the following matter, determine a breach of the regulations has been committed by the competitor named below and impose the penalty referred to.

Fact – Car 7 crossed the white line at the Pit Entry with all four wheels and did not enter the Pit Lane.

Offence – Breach of Appendix L, Chapter IV, Article 4 of the FIA International Sporting Code.

Decision – 5 Second Time Penalty (2 penalty points awarded, 5 points total for the 12 month period). Reason The driver crossed the white line separating the pit entry with all four wheels and did not enter the pit lane, as required in the Race Director’s Event Notes (item 6.3).
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3838049)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
Baku 2016 per Raik
FIA Stewards Decision

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, examined video evidence, have considered the following matter, determine a breach of the regulations has been committed by the competitor named below and impose the penalty referred to.

Fact – Car 7 crossed the white line at the Pit Entry with all four wheels and did not enter the Pit Lane.

Offence – Breach of Appendix L, Chapter IV, Article 4 of the FIA International Sporting Code.

Decision – 5 Second Time Penalty (2 penalty points awarded, 5 points total for the 12 month period). Reason The driver crossed the white line separating the pit entry with all four wheels and did not enter the pit lane, as required in the Race Director’s Event Notes (item 6.3).
5 seconds would put him behind Bottas.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3838050)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
As said above each race track is different. It’ll depend on what was discussed beforehand. The Baku entrance is on a street circuit and is different. The decision for that race references the specific event notes. See attachment above.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3838051)   #75
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
5 seconds would put him behind Bottas.
But is that enough for that offence?