Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2004, 16:50 (Ref:896070)   #26
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we will see - rumors were that JPM had [in his style] more words with the mechanics yesterday in front of a lot of reporters - Head was not pleased.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 16:56 (Ref:896074)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speculative to say the least.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:06 (Ref:896082)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by TedN
This Guy Thinks He Might Be Back This Year

Ted

No disrepect, but it only seems to be Canadian newspapers/sites that carry these stories and think that JPM will leave Williams early.

Last edited by Mr V; 6 Mar 2004 at 17:07.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:23 (Ref:896101)   #29
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The writer of the 'Star' article is building himself a reputation for stupid predictions. At one point not to long ago he was talking up Jeff Gordon for a Williams seat.
He is best ignored.
While personally I would like to see JV back in at Williams I really can't see it happening. Webber or Button I think are topping the list, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Frank look outside the series again. Sebastien Bourdais currently in ChampCars is looking very quick and aggressive.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:26 (Ref:896105)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, you can't fault his sense of humour.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:32 (Ref:896111)   #31
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
even in the midst of a GP weekend... a JV thread gets the most response... (i just contributed to it )

i cant see JPm leaving Williams early... especially now that he has started the season.... even if he does.. JV probably wont be his replacement
Old 6 Mar 2004, 17:42 (Ref:896118)   #32
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
IF JPM left mid-season, DC would go in the opposite direction imo, but still, can't see it happening
Old 6 Mar 2004, 18:08 (Ref:896136)   #33
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He won't be back in F1 IMO.

Time for him and F1 to move on.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 18:09 (Ref:896138)   #34
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
OK, just one more. If Williams is smart they will have a contingency plan in place in the event that JPM does become unmanageable before season end. His emotional nature definitely makes him unpredictable (and as I have said before, I disagree with the decision to allow JPM to drive for them at all in 2004). Ideally Williams need a driver on standby, one who could come in with a weeks notice and compete at the very highest level. Money, always high in priority with FW, should not be an issue, as I'm sure JV would jump at the opportunity and readily accept any kind of performance based agreement. If it were me, as part of that contingency, a stint having JV as a test driver would be logical. And boy would it ever get tongues wagging.

Last edited by Kirk; 6 Mar 2004 at 18:15.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 18:14 (Ref:896144)   #35
GM_Ben_66
Rookie

GM_Ben_66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buton & JV

Yes I can see both of them at william.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 18:52 (Ref:896160)   #36
wilbursdad
Rookie

wilbursdad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
OK, just one more. If Williams is smart they will have a contingency plan in place in the event that JPM does become unmanageable before season end. His emotional nature definitely makes him unpredictable (and as I have said before, I disagree with the decision to allow JPM to drive for them at all in 2004). Ideally Williams need a driver on standby, one who could come in with a weeks notice and compete at the very highest level. Money, always high in priority with FW, should not be an issue, as I'm sure JV would jump at the opportunity and readily accept any kind of performance based agreement. If it were me, as part of that contingency, a stint having JV as a test driver would be logical. And boy would it ever get tongues wagging.
I don't think that JPM is very likely to become unmanageable, i feel he is a little more mature than that, although i do agree that he is emotional to the extreme sometimes(mostly around Patrick Head, or after one of his spirit building comments). I think that JPM has alot to prove to Ron Dennis, and he will deliver(if only to deliver a final kick in the nuts for williams) my opinon is that messrs Head and Williams have got rid of the talent and kept the liability.
Old 6 Mar 2004, 18:57 (Ref:896166)   #37
wilbursdad
Rookie

wilbursdad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After this weekends perfomance so far, i thik that BAR have to be the greatest improvers on last season, and that Button has at last matured. Webber is also one to watch, good luck to him. Anyone agree?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 23:45 (Ref:896363)   #38
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
At one point not to long ago he was talking up Jeff Gordon for a Williams seat.
This story should be fun to watch once others pick up on it.

Ted

Old 7 Mar 2004, 00:02 (Ref:896369)   #39
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by dogrusty
here we go again with wat
...rape of the english language

Well done too, some here managed to shift the topic from one ridiculious rumour to another.