Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 26 Dec 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3348030)   #2701
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So who's at the sales then?
No shopping, went to the Saltburn coast for a walk and to watch Boxing Day swimmers etc - hardy souls!
Old 26 Dec 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3348038)   #2702
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I am hoping to buy a smart TV in the sales if they are still going in 2-3 weeks time.
We decided to go for a 4-5 mile walk along the beach this afternoon to get rid of "some" of the Christmas excess but didn't go for a swim !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6148 b.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Dec 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3348518)   #2703
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
attach]41850[/attach]
Last race of 2013. Yesterday at Sandown Park Rotax karting , thought I was going well until a couple of hot shots came past as if I was standing still. Great fun with Alan Morgan being the youngster of the group at 58.
Attached Thumbnails
Iain Eye Phone .Mylo 047.jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3348532)   #2704
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bloody cold call just before 10am regarding PPI - on a Sunday (and the one between Christmas and New Year, to boot), the one day of the week I answer the phone first time round since I expect it to actually be someone I know. When I asked why Sunday, she said 'well some of us have to work on Sunday'. So because you do, I have to too? Can't believe anyone would say that to someone they are touting for business from. I'm on two preferential phone services and still get these calls all the time. It's harassment and it should be illegal. In the old days, a phone was a friend and helped access the outside world, now it's a nightmare and gives the world access to your privacy any time of the day or night. Oh, and there's no central register to record whether a company has already acted for you in respect of PPI recovery, so I reckon every one of the 146,000 (or whatever) companies that the government gave licences to do this has tried to contact me. Ye Gods, I'm steaming!!!

Happy New Year!

Last edited by John Turner; 29 Dec 2013 at 11:50.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3348568)   #2705
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Wow, is that really you John? You'll be in line for an invite to the 2014 Victor Meldrew at this rate!

Wishing you a Happy (and Peaceful) New Year!

(Re: unwanted calls- Caller Display helps you chose whether to answer or not, if you haven't got it already. )
Old 29 Dec 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3348632)   #2706
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caller Display is the only way i can get ANY work done.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3348652)   #2707
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My mum has it. Never answers when I call.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3348667)   #2708
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Peter, if you get your Rover to the Goodwood 72 I hope you will have it in full, accurate Land Speed Record trim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmpxJ...e_gdata_player
Old 29 Dec 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3348678)   #2709
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
My mum has it. Never answers when I call.
If she's sensible she will ignore any calls that present as "International Unavailable"

You may need another way Peter - but I would guess you already know that.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3348679)   #2710
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
attach]41850[/attach]
Last race of 2013. Yesterday at Sandown Park Rotax karting , thought I was going well until a couple of hot shots came past as if I was standing still. Great fun with Alan Morgan being the youngster of the group at 58.
Hmm.

Is that a publicity photo for an 1990's boy band on a reunion tour?
Old 30 Dec 2013, 06:32 (Ref:3348807)   #2711
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Peter, if you get your Rover to the Goodwood 72 I hope you will have it in full, accurate Land Speed Record trim:
Max, I guess you watched the record being beaten on TV last night? I was as impressed by the guy driving the racing truck along Pendine Sands at over 110mph as much as the bloke on the pushbike tucked in behind!

Not sure if the timing was over a measured distance or just a recorded Vmax? Rather him than me, whatever.....

Old 30 Dec 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3348814)   #2712
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
If she's sensible she will ignore any calls that present as "International Unavailable"

You may need another way Peter - but I would guess you already know that.
Nah, she just doesn't like talking to me.
Old 30 Dec 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3348829)   #2713
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Max, I guess you watched the record being beaten on TV last night? I was as impressed by the guy driving the racing truck along Pendine Sands at over 110mph as much as the bloke on the pushbike tucked in behind!

Not sure if the timing was over a measured distance or just a recorded Vmax? Rather him than me, whatever.....

I think it was Vmax. I loved the way of slowing down, hit the truck in front and rely on him, reminded me a bit of karting

Yes 110mph in a truck across sand was quite foolhardy, never mind the idiot on the bike behind. Very impressive, totally British attempt, I boggled when I saw him doing 100mph on a "test run" in his jeans and bike clips! I think Guy's fitness was very much down played, 2 or 3 minutes flat out takes a lot of doing no matter how good the tech behind it.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3349213)   #2714
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well , I going to kick off and wish everyone on 10/10ths a happy new year. Just wondering what name Peter will give to our tea break thread this year. On the last day of 2013 I still don't get all this "thingy wassname stuff ". Looking forward to 2014 with a couple of new adventures in store, high light I hope will be Spa 6 hours racing with Mike. Not so sure about the other one, Colin wants us to get the S Type sorted. I like a challenge.. Take care everyone.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3349222)   #2715
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
And all the best to you, Iain, and all the other Tenthers.......my racing partner-in-crime's 65th birthday today so had to stay in the pub late last night so I could start the "old man" jokes off as soon as midnight passed Happy Days!
Old 31 Dec 2013, 18:50 (Ref:3349269)   #2716
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
"Had to stay in the Pub" -don't make me larf....

Looking forward to 2014, and some new challenges. Happy New Year to all Tenthers!
Old 31 Dec 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3349280)   #2717
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I feel certain I can think of something. In the meantime. Happy New Year.
Old 31 Dec 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3349288)   #2718
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Sue and I went 10 pin bowling last night with Jerry and Jan Knight, I wish I had a quid for every ball I put down the gutter !!!
Anyway I wish all the usual punters on 10ths a happy new year as we will be going out soon and then celebrating in the village square in Mojacar 1hr ahead of the UK Cheers !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3349304)   #2719
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
... I wish I had a quid for every ball I put down the gutter !!! ...
Too much detail Gordon. Or have I misunderstood the related terminology?

All the best for 2014 everyone.

2013 was a very mixed year I found. Several good and a few excellent things, though too many that I would have been delighted to have avoided.

Hopefully 2014 will be an improvement for all of us.

Hope to see all of you somewhere, sometime, in the course of the year.

Grant
Old 1 Jan 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3349420)   #2720
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, Happy New Year to all and on that note, you'll all have to start drinking Earl Grey, 'cos' this thread is now officially declared well and truly closed!
Closed Thread