Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Feb 2003, 13:40 (Ref:494847)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa to Ferrari

As widely predicted when Massa lost his Sauber seat, it's rumoured Massa will be announced as a Ferrari test driver at the cars launch.

www.grandprix.com/ns/ns07717.html
Old 3 Feb 2003, 13:53 (Ref:494865)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well now it seems he isn't going to Jordan so that sounds the most plausible place for him.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 13:54 (Ref:494869)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
So it means Burti will be gone? What's the point?
Old 3 Feb 2003, 14:09 (Ref:494889)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have Badoer and Burti. This is two "B"s. They need an "M" (Massa) to level it off. The cosmic balance will be fulfilled and the seamonster wont demand anymore sacrificial ferrari mechanics. Call Massa the "fulcrum" of Ferrari if you will. I believe Ferrari will enjoy some success this year now.

Aha aha aha, the letter "3" my friend....
Old 4 Feb 2003, 21:52 (Ref:496618)   #5
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some sites report he's going to replace Burti. Sounds weird

Burti re-signs for Ferrari for 2003 - 15th Jan 19:34pm GMT
Former Jaguar racer Luciano Burti has confirmed he will continue to be one of Ferrari's two Formula 1 test drivers in 2003.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 23:59 (Ref:496765)   #6
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have we seen the last of Massa?

Do you think he'll return from testing in 2004? Or will he go the way of Luca Badoer?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 01:13 (Ref:496807)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Unless there are more teams in F1, then I think the driver positions are full. To be honest, I just don't see anyone retiring at the end of this year, and I havn't heard anyone wanting to start another F1 team. Don't forget, there are now some very capable drivers doing testing work and hoping for a drive: Gene, Sato, Wurz, .......the list just goes on and on. So unless you can think of anyone definitely leving F1, the chances will be very slim.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 01:16 (Ref:496809)   #8
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa? who's he?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 03:26 (Ref:496853)   #9
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Yep he's disappeared down the black hole of F1 test driving,many enter,none ever return...........
Old 5 Feb 2003, 03:51 (Ref:496862)   #10
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If CD Matta disappoints, there will be a place for another BRAZILLIAN at Toyota, which is most welcomed for the marlet-oriented Cologne-based team.
Massa will fit the bill, too
Old 5 Feb 2003, 07:26 (Ref:496966)   #11
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
To be honest, I just don't see anyone retiring at the end of this year, ...
I would expect that Firman, Villeneuve, Wilson and Verstappen would probably be dumped if they don't perform this year. I don't know what will happen to Pizzonia and Da Matta, if they don't perform.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 08:56 (Ref:497027)   #12
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don´t think that wilson will be dumped...i think the chance of da matta being dumped is much higher

but to be honest, i don´t think that massa will find a drive in04, at least not in f1, probably first in TWS and later in CART
Old 5 Feb 2003, 09:23 (Ref:497055)   #13
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa, another Zonta?
Old 5 Feb 2003, 09:28 (Ref:497059)   #14
The_Z_Man
Racer

The_Z_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Yep he's disappeared down the black hole of F1 test driving,many enter,none ever return...........
I'm sure Panis would disagree on that. And IIRC Wurz was approached by Toyota to drive this year and turned them down.

Back to Massa, does he even have a test driver contract for 2003 at this time ?

The_Z_Man
Old 5 Feb 2003, 13:39 (Ref:497255)   #15
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't expect Crasha to come back unless it is a pay seat...
Old 5 Feb 2003, 14:17 (Ref:497298)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bring back the Massive Attack I say! Neeeeeeeeeow
Old 5 Feb 2003, 16:14 (Ref:497408)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toyota will probably scapegoat Da Matta the way Salo and McNish were blamed for the lack of development on the 2002 car. With the lack of track time and new qualifying system, he could be dommed form th word go, which'd be mighty unfair as he's showing well in testing.

Massa really does need another year to learn his craft, adn there may be no better place for that than Ferrari, if they give him enough track time, and make sure he has to work on setups himself rather than just using Michael's. Otherwise, I think the ChampCar route would make sense, maybe he can make a Zanardi style return, hopefully with better results.
Old 5 Feb 2003, 16:50 (Ref:497431)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa has got to come back.i want to see him and Taku have a few wheel to wheel battles in the future.

Im sure he will be back .
Old 5 Feb 2003, 21:10 (Ref:497701)   #19
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure that da Matta will not leave mid-season. He is the CART champ first, but furthermost he took so long to accept the deal especially for reasons like the above, so he must have insured himself someway
Old 5 Feb 2003, 21:20 (Ref:497713)   #20
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Massa has got to come back.i want to see him and Taku have a few wheel to wheel battles in the future.
I agree. Both of them deserve a second chance.

But in the meantime, they should try to get some more experience in F1 cars.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 02:55 (Ref:498025)   #21
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lots of drivers "deserve" their chance in F1, but not many get it and even fewer get second chances...

Testing an F1 car may or may not be a better option than racing a Champ or IRL car (depending on your priorities) Testing for Ferarri certainly shouldn't do Massa any harm, as it seems to be commonly accepted that he has talent but needs experience....whether that gets translated into a drive Panis style remains to be seen.

life's tough at the top, but it doesn't seem to reduce the number of willing aspirants.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 10:40 (Ref:498240)   #22
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Burti get his 'brown envelope' from Ferrari, enter stage right ...Felipe Massa....

www.pitpass.com/news2/news.cfm?newsid=4715
Old 6 Feb 2003, 11:15 (Ref:498266)   #23
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What Massa needs is loads and loads of F1 miles - and I guess this is what he'll get. He needs to hone his technique to realise his full potential - if he can manage to do that whilst providing a service for Ferrari then I guess that might be ideal. Not many other teams could afford such a "wild card" as a test driver.
Old 6 Feb 2003, 12:14 (Ref:498320)   #24
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Official: Massa joins Ferrari
6-02-2003

As predicted, former Sauber star Felipe Massa has joined Ferrari.
At 11:37 on Thursday the Italian team issued the following statement:

Ferrari announces that it has signed an agreement with the driver Felipe Massa, who will join Scuderia Ferrari for the 2003 race season, as a test driver, working alongside Luca Badoer.

PITPASSS
Old 6 Feb 2003, 12:15 (Ref:498321)   #25
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So have we seen the last of Massa the F1 race driver?