Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 May 2003, 15:30 (Ref:590094)   #1
mathieu
Rookie

mathieu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRAVO Sébastien ! First ever French victory !

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's done. As we say in France because of L'Oréal "parce qu'il le vaut bien"
Fantastic victory for Bourdais. He shows to everybody in this serie that he is the boss. Especially concerning fuel issue. Junqueira still wonder how Sébastien Manage to save so much fuel. In deed he was always downshifting during the race.
Old 5 May 2003, 15:32 (Ref:590099)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The boss? Uhm, no... Not by any stretch of the imagination.

But he's very good, and should be extremely proud of this victory.
Old 5 May 2003, 16:22 (Ref:590141)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent win for Sebastien in what was a fairly dull race (I only watched the second half of it though). I agree with what someone else wrote in another topic, that the camerashots could have been better. We seemed to miss a lot of the action.
Old 5 May 2003, 16:47 (Ref:590153)   #4
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you R it was a dull race. That usually happens when everyone is conserving fuel. Cart is already talking about rule changes at the next race to avoid another one. But i have to congratulate Sebastien on his first win. ( But he's not the boss )
Old 5 May 2003, 17:50 (Ref:590183)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldnt say it was a dull race, it had it's moments. Great win for Sebastien though
Old 5 May 2003, 18:15 (Ref:590202)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
We seemed to miss a lot of the action.
I was there, and to be perfectly honest, although i enjoyed it, there wasn't a lot of action to miss!
Old 5 May 2003, 18:28 (Ref:590212)   #7
mathieu
Rookie

OK he 's not the boss but the man If you prefer
Old 5 May 2003, 19:01 (Ref:590233)   #8
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good win for sebastian and well done Mario Dominguez for a well deserved 3rd place.
Old 5 May 2003, 19:42 (Ref:590265)   #9
MLM
Veteran

MLM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a feeling SB was "the real deal"
Look out, PT....this guy has got things figured out.
Foncez, Sebastien
Old 5 May 2003, 19:59 (Ref:590279)   #10
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, he'll probably be off to WilliamsF1 soon enough.
Old 5 May 2003, 20:10 (Ref:590291)   #11
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not Renault? He's French, he's fast, and he'd be a great partner for Alonso - heck, Alonso doesn't need to go to Ferrari, he can just stay where he is, and he'll soon be a race winner in F1! Same for Sebastien, though he should stay in CART for a while, and not go to F1 unless he gets a competitive ride. And he could have that with Renault... maybe next year, maybe the year after. Who would want to go to Williams now? They have lost the plot.

Sebastien's the real deal alright... I think this year's championship battle will be between Paul Tracy and Sebastien Bourdais. And I've heard some people say that it's a sign of weakness for CART that a rookie can be so fast straight out of the box - well, that's just BS... look at where the other rookies are, they are at the other end of the results sheet, it's because Sebastien is so great that he's dominating at the front, and now also has a CART race win to his name. Don't worry, CART is a very strong series, recognize a great driver when you see him instead.

And mr v, there wasn't a lot of action to miss, but we seemed to miss a lot of the action there were. There were several incidents on the track which we didn't see, neither live nor in replay, like for example a car going off, and the producer chose to show something else instead... And there were a lot of in car shots from this race, now in car shots are great, but this was just overkill...
Old 5 May 2003, 21:39 (Ref:590383)   #12
mathieu
Rookie

Why not Renault ?
In France the issue is a real drama !
In deed, Renault need foreign drivers to sell more cars out of France. It's seems like Renault want to have a intel' identity. Carlos Goshn will suceed to Louis Schweizter.
But there's another issue: Alonso and Trulli are both Briatore's drivers. It also seems that el bellissimo doesn't get on well with Bourdais whose manager is David Sears. It must be said that there's rumors about a society based in Virgin Island wich might be the property of Briatore. The society may do deals for Briatore's pilots with F1 teams ( Webber also Briatore's driver ).

Aniway as a french I hate Renault team. They have lost their motorsport spirit. To be honest take a look at their car and their colours... Beurk

In french TV today Bourdais told us that he will stay in Champ car next year. But that F1 is still the aim.
Old 6 May 2003, 00:00 (Ref:590473)   #13
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally!! Congrats Sebastien! Hopefully it will be the first of many more! Hopefully a future Cart and F1 Champ!

If a rookie immediately being competitive at the top is a sign of a week series, then F1 must have been very weak when Villeneuve came in....

Last edited by Jay; 6 May 2003 at 00:00.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 May 2003, 00:14 (Ref:590481)   #14
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a lot of us had him pegged to win way back at St. Pete's! He's just getting started
Old 6 May 2003, 08:34 (Ref:590641)   #15
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais
Old 6 May 2003, 08:44 (Ref:590660)   #16
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that they raced at Brands, which unlike Monterrey, for example, is a REAL racetrack, helped it, but the fuel strategies made it a bit dull - even the drivers themselves said afterwards that they didn't want to push and try to overtake because they had to save fuel.

Got pretty interesting when Yoong had his moment coming out of the first turn though, nearly allowing Haberfeld to pass him

Aah, the scenery, the elevation changes - I just love Brands!

I hope they race the long circuit next year - that would be sooo awesome. And while they're at it, they should add Spa and A-1 Ring to the schedule

Hm heh, got a bit carried away there - seeing Tracy finally miss out (he was having it way too easy so far this season), at Brands, with Bourdais winning (have followed him since he raced sports-cars and F-3000, so him being my favorite driver this season was a no-brainer) just made my day

Last edited by rustyfan; 6 May 2003 at 08:46.
Old 6 May 2003, 12:07 (Ref:590860)   #17
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
First ever French victory? What about Jules Goux and Rene Thomas? OK, not CART, but the same sort of formula...bear with me here...
Old 6 May 2003, 13:09 (Ref:590956)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great result for Seb, I knew it wasn't going to take long. JV won his 4th F1 race of course, whereas Montoya won his 3rd and 4th CART races, adn nearly his 3rd F1 race. So, while Seb isn't as quick a learner as Montoya, he's still doing really well, and seems destined for F1 someday. Williams looks mroe likely than Renault, due to the issues between Flavio and David Sears.
Old 6 May 2003, 20:25 (Ref:591513)   #19
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Seb, I agree.
I'm also pleased to read about jules Goux and Rene Thomas. Those were the days. Anyway, sooner or later Renault will fire Briatore and Trulli...
Old 7 May 2003, 20:58 (Ref:592852)   #20
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand race fans sometimes. You win once and "your the man, the boss, you rule", your the next champ, not only in CART, but F1 to!!!!!!!!

Then theres Michael Schumacher, who wins almost every time he races, and everybody hates you. Just read the posts about him after a race, what a contrast!

So if your a winner once, we love you, but if you win all the time, we don't? Seb, you better think about that, don't win TO much, but win just enough, or we could turn on you!

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud.

Danica Patrick
Old 8 May 2003, 04:43 (Ref:593079)   #21
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Perhaps it's not "winning too much" that has garnered TGF so many distractors? After all, nobody hated Zanardi or Little Al for "winning too much". Instead, perhaps it has to do with attitude, ego, and most of all, driving tactics. Montoya wouldn't have tried to run Franchitti into the wall in order to win the '99 championship. No, I don't much care for TGF, but it's not because he wins too much. I don't much care for Mike Tyson either. It's called dirty fighting.

Don't mind me either. I'm just thinking out loud too.
Old 8 May 2003, 07:15 (Ref:593131)   #22
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Sebastien on your first win. I hope you have a great season, as long as you don't beat PT to the championship.
Old 9 May 2003, 18:30 (Ref:594808)   #23
mathieu
Rookie

No, Seb I u're reading just win the title as quick as it is possible
Old 9 May 2003, 19:24 (Ref:594863)   #24
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's hard to say Bourdais was a slower learning than JPM. He was instantly the fastest guy, albeit he had to learn about how to race.

I never cheered for JPM in CART. It wasn't interesting to cheer for someone who was so obviously talented. I never hope MS wins accept when its against some loser in a car they're not worthy of, like DC. I do cheer for JPM in F1 because his speed has yet to materialize into results. I don't cheer for Bourdais because he's going to kick ass and I'm glad he didn't do too well at first. I suppose I do in a way, I really want to see him crush Junky. PT needed a points lead to make things interesting.