Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3873309)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
DONINGTON Masters Historic Festival

A new event for 2019. To include a 3hr race for ‘Spa 6hrs eligible’ cars, and HSCC ‘STCC’ or as now known, 'Dunlop Saloon Car Cup' cars.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3886745)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that's the first event of the year for me. Entry has been taken by Masters for the MGB in the 3 hrs.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3886751)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, that's the first event of the year for me. Entry has been taken by Masters for the MGB in the 3 hrs.
Well done. Won’t be at that meeting, as it clashes with l’Age d’Or. Will have our yearly Donny fix early in May!
Old 17 Apr 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3898193)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another Event and another 60 years of the Mini celebration. As advised by Maters today the Pre 66 Mini race will be sponsored by the SU Carburettor Company. The race will be for the SU Carburettors Trophy.
Old 17 Apr 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3898195)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Phew, thought you were talking about the DHF May b/h weekend!
Old 17 May 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3904333)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The 3hrs has been cancelled due to lack of entries. It has been replaced with a 90mins Gent Driver's race (Pre 66 Gts).

No idea why the lack of entries but possibly due to the proximity of the Spa 3hrs at the end of the month. And it was for all types of Pre 66 car not just Pre 66 GTs.
Old 17 May 2019, 12:33 (Ref:3904341)   #7
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The 3hrs has been cancelled due to lack of entries. It has been replaced with a 90mins Gent Driver's race (Pre 66 Gts).

No idea why the lack of entries but possibly due to the proximity of the Spa 3hrs at the end of the month. And it was for all types of Pre 66 car not just Pre 66 GTs.
Shame that.

Can't say its surprising though.Masters have been struggling with entries a little at smaller events.
Old 28 May 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3906567)   #8
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one, has one seen or heard of an entry list for this one yet? Also on the provisional time table, there are 2 F1 demos down for the Saturday but the first is listed as a "test", never seen it as that before?? Cheers
Old 28 May 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3906569)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just a quick one, has one seen or heard of an entry list for this one yet? Also on the provisional time table, there are 2 F1 demos down for the Saturday but the first is listed as a "test", never seen it as that before?? Cheers
Im guessing that as they’ve got spare track time after cancelling the Endurance race, the 3 X 30 min HF1 test sessions have been added. These are FOC to registered Masters competitors, according to last email received.

There are no races scheduled for HF1 at the meeting, just the test sessions. Timetable here..... http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...SUE%20ONE.pdf/
Old 28 May 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3906593)   #10
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Im guessing that as they’ve got spare track time after cancelling the Endurance race, the 3 X 30 min HF1 test sessions have been added. These are FOC to registered Masters competitors, according to last email received.

There are no races scheduled for HF1 at the meeting, just the test sessions. Timetable here..... http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...SUE%20ONE.pdf/
Cheers Mike, that did cross my mind that it may get charged to give the HF1 boys extra tests. Might make it a good weekend at a good price.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 28 May 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3906623)   #11
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless my memory is playing up i'm fairly sure the original Masters calender had an F1 race on it and was changed.
Old 29 May 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3906725)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
If anyone wants the timetable it's here: https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...SUE%20ONE.pdf/
Old 31 May 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3907155)   #13
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entries on Masters Website.

Overall decent Touring car grids.

28 Minis is pretty ridiculous.

12 Sportscars-Need I say anymore.

20 GT's but not bad if the 3Hr was cancelled for low entries.

Seems like every event Masters are getting poor entries
Old 31 May 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3907157)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Oh well,

If we finish we can at least get third in class.

Still, looking forward to it, it's my first run out since the Algarve last year.
Old 31 May 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3907186)   #15
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Bit disappointed with those entries, could do with a boost in every race. I'll still be going on Sunday, never turn down the chance to see a few T70's getting let lose.

Entries below:

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...ry%20List.pdf/

https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...c-Festival.pdf
Old 31 May 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3907190)   #16
defender47
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brompton Ralph, Taunton
defender47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Historic Donington 8/9 June 2019

Hi,

I have place on the NKGTTC grid at the Masters Historic but cannot make it.

We run '66-'81 FIA spec. Tin Top and sports cars. 25 min qualy and three 25 min races.

Normal price is Euro 550 but I can offer discount to anybody who might want to take my spot.

Please email: defender47@btinternet.com

Many thanks

Paul
Old 5 Jun 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3908033)   #17
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Just a quick one, there has been a timetable change and from quick look there is now no F1 demo on the Sunday, only 2 x 30min sesions on the Saturday.

New link below:

https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...sue%20TWO.pdf/
Old 6 Jun 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3908230)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Another disappointing entry for the Supertourers, (sigh).
Old 6 Jun 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3908319)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Too expensive to run sadly.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 19:25 (Ref:3908338)   #20
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
There needs to be a clear decision soon as whether to continue with the SuperTourers as there is sum thing massively wrong at the mo. I fully understand that they are expensive to maintain and run, parts are hard to find etc etc but its now getting to the stage were its looking rather sad and a bit daft.

Its only a 4 round calendar this year so you would have though that was manageable. The cars are out there, having seen them with my own eyes at Silverstone Classic and other meetings in the past so what is stopping them coming out now?
Old 6 Jun 2019, 23:19 (Ref:3908368)   #21
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, they managed some respectable grids until 2018 when I think the rot began to set in. Undoubtedly they are expensive to run, however have the running costs gone up significantly in 2 years?
Old 7 Jun 2019, 06:35 (Ref:3908395)   #22
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Too expensive to run sadly.
I have no doubt they are massively expensive to run, but are they more expensive to run than, say, a 1980s F1 or F2 car? There seems to be a fair few of them racing in historics.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3908398)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And there you have it. If they're as expensive to run as an F2 car, why not run an F2 car?

Imagine the conversation down the Ferret and Trouser Leg.

"Yes, I race a Vauxhall Vectra. Here's st picture, it looks like the rep car your dad used to drive."

Or

"I race a Formula Two car. Here's a picture. Yes it was just one step down from Formula One in its day, all the stars drove one in their way up."

I know which I'd rather have in my garage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Jun 2019, 08:06 (Ref:3908411)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I suspect they are more expensive than an F1 or F2 car of the era we are thinking of. The technology and modifications used I building an ST are quite beyond the normal simply installed engine in a specially designed single seater.

The Mondeo comes to mind as being particularly complicated.
Old 7 Jun 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3908499)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it's my first event of the year and here we are at Donington bandits ****ing down. Forecast for tomorrow is no different.