Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2018 VASC?
#17 Scott McLaughlin - Shell V Power Ford 12 42.86%
#97 Shane Van Gisbergen - Red Bull Holden Racing Team 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Nov 2018, 00:56 (Ref:3861004)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[VASC2018R30R31] Coates Hire Newcastle 500, 23-25 Nov (WITH POLL)

So here it is Ladies and Gentlemen, the last event of the 2018 Championship season and the decider of who will win; Mr. Shane Van Gisbergen from the Red Bull Holden Racing Team/Triple Eight Race Engineering or Mr. Scott McLaughlin of Shell V-Power Racing Team/DJR Team Penske.

Mr. McLaughlin holds a slender 14 point lead from Mr. Van Gisbergen leading to a track that holds interesting memories for both Triple Eight and DJR-TP. Can we see a repeat of last year and see a Red Bull car claim the top gong or will Scotty Mac bury the painful ghosts of last year and grab his first ever championship?

Will be a very sombre but at same time honourable time as the Championship says farewell to it's golden long serving driver that is Mr. Craig Lowndes as he steps down from full time driving. Personally, as a fan and a good family friend, it'll be sad to see you retire Craig, hope the next chapter of your career will be good mate.

As for yours truly, I recently tripped over my go-kart and slammed my hand into a roller door breaking a carpal bone so will be at home on the lounge rather than the preferably giving mates a lending hand (pun somewhat intended) prepping their respective cars and giving Craig some words of thanks for being an idol from my childhood days.

Once more unto the breach dear friends and unleash the full sound and fury, signifying a Championship decider and a Championship victor. - Shakespeare
Old 5 Nov 2018, 02:03 (Ref:3861019)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who Will Win The VASC in 2018?

And the last full time event for Mr Winterbottom and Mr Wood (as announced) and a few more that may become clearer as the days come closer.

Now with poll for your enjoyment
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Nov 2018, 02:56 (Ref:3861027)   #3
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And the last full time event for Mr Winterbottom and Mr Wood (as announced) and a few more that may become clearer as the days come closer.

Now with poll for your enjoyment
Who?
Old 5 Nov 2018, 03:16 (Ref:3861033)   #4
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A titlefight between T8 and DJRTP; shades of 2010.

Only two teams have beaten T8 for the title in the last 10 years, DJR of course being one of them.

Can only hope it will be a fair fight for the crown.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 03:44 (Ref:3861037)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Who?
Mr Blanchard? Almost a wood...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Nov 2018, 04:57 (Ref:3861042)   #6
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scotty to crumble and SVG to push through for the win.

Mind you if its not his way, im so happy for the likely Scotty Mac, what a great ambassador for our sport.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 07:28 (Ref:3861050)   #7
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could really go either way, both can seemingly deliver under pressure, and they will definitely be Racing for Sheepstations (TM).

With so few points the difference you wonder whether the difference may come down to 3 competitive cars with the potential to apply pressure and chip points away from Scotty Mac, despite my personal rating of Fabs being high, Scotty seems to like this car such that nobody else can drive it.

I think its likely we'll see some controversy, close racing, and at least one broken heart.

I just hope that the championship isn't awarded at the stroke of a pen, or under controversial circumstances with someone in the wall.

I'm opening a new business on the 1st of December and I'm trying to work out how to break it to the wife that I need to watch this...
Old 5 Nov 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3861063)   #8
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG has the advantage of 2 teammates that can take points away from SM while Scott has no one, and that could be the difference. Going to be close either way and for sure there is going to be yet more drama to follow.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3861074)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If McLaughlin doesn't sew it up this year, I don't think he ever will, unless it's delivered to him on a platter.

Newcastle is not the place you want to seal a title, as was seen last year.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3861085)   #10
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam3s View Post
SVG has the advantage of 2 teammates that can take points away from SM while Scott has no one, and that could be the difference. Going to be close either way and for sure there is going to be yet more drama to follow.
Plus the Triple Eight customer base. (Tekno, Team 18, etc) It might be the case of "Help us win the championship and we'll give you some goody parts/knock some money off our parts"
Old 5 Nov 2018, 13:47 (Ref:3861118)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Long bow there champ. Unless you mean perhaps while they are being lapped...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3861311)   #12
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would like to see Scotty win, but the T888 crew have plans afoot already.
JW to run block
Customer teams will be reminded of there obligation , block block block
shunt etc, take a drive through for the team

CL to shadow Scotty and do what he does best,

Yes, to many Craig is the new Brock,

But Craig is the perfectionist at tap and run.
but Brock would never tag the left rear of a competitor to get ahead or cause an incident.
No not a keyboard warrior,nor do I dislike Craig, have met him numerous times both on and off the track ,
20 years as a trackside marshall, and have seen Craig do this numerous times , and yes, it is called in to race control , a report written, end result, racing incident.

So look forward to Van Grub as champion again
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3861312)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Did you get day release again?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3861314)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
JW to run block

but Brock would never tag the left rear of a competitor to get ahead or cause an incident.
No not a keyboard warrior,nor do I dislike Craig, have met him numerous times both on and off the track ,
20 years as a trackside marshall, and have seen Craig do this numerous times , and yes, it is called in to race control , a report written, end result, racing incident.

Don't foget that General Motors himself will be in attendance, to ensure the strategies drempt up in the Holden Motorsport war room are carried out to the last detail.

Whatever will be, will be.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 13:40 (Ref:3861358)   #15
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
JW to run block

WOW those Lemons Bitter or your Grapes Sour
Old 6 Nov 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3861495)   #16
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
JW to run block

Couldn't have said it any better. Lowndes is the dirtiest guy out there, always has been.

Craig is the new Brock, in that he smoked everyone when he was in a car which was light years ahead of everything else on the grid, but when everyone else got similar equipment, the wins dried up pretty quickly. Neither of them could hack it overseas either.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:20 (Ref:3861503)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. Lowndes is the dirtiest guy out there, always has been.
You have got to be kidding me.

Paul Morris, Paul Romano, Rodney Forbes, Russell Ingall...

Lowndes is one of the cleanest and fairest racers out there.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 03:38 (Ref:3861525)   #18
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You have got to be kidding me.

Paul Morris, Paul Romano, Rodney Forbes, Russell Ingall...

Lowndes is one of the cleanest and fairest racers out there.
Lowndes is the dirtiest one currently out there. If you're in doubt, just watch the past lap of Newcastle last year.

No doubt about Morris and Ingall, right up there at the top of the tree, with CL. I'll add John Bowe to the list too, mind you he wasn't sneaky half the time, just straight out punted people off.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:38 (Ref:3861530)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Lowndes is the dirtiest one currently out there. If you're in doubt, just watch the past lap of Newcastle last year.
You mean the one where Scotty Mac drove into a car beside him and rightly got pinged for it?
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:45 (Ref:3861531)   #20
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All of this is like saying Gentleman Jim was actually a gentleman
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:52 (Ref:3861534)   #21
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You mean the one where Scotty Mac drove into a car beside him and rightly got pinged for it?
THIS EXACTLY !
Old 7 Nov 2018, 06:24 (Ref:3861547)   #22
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

No doubt about Morris and Ingall, right up there at the top of the tree, with CL. I'll add John Bowe to the list too, mind you he wasn't sneaky half the time, just straight out punted people off.
I think JB was more on the receiving end than the giving end of things.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3861549)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I think JB was more on the receiving end than the giving end of things.
Mind you, I'd suggest a counter point - JB, like Scotty Mac, will doggedly defend even when his car or tyres are well past it - and if you park on the apex to slow down the car behind you that has more speed, you're gonna cop one up the bracket.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3861556)   #24
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did you get day release again?
no mixer , I actually go trackside , unlike some , hmmm ,
Old 7 Nov 2018, 07:49 (Ref:3861557)   #25
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
WOW those Lemons Bitter or your Grapes Sour
No actually, I had Craig on a flag point after his car expired, A nice guy,
just have witnessed a lot over the years at trackside , unlike others who frequent this forum .

I have met Gis as well, still have the Pic with Him from the open day.

It is how you use the system to your advantage.

Some do , some dont