Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win Bathurst in 2019
#2 Pye/Luff WAU Mobil1 Holden 1 1.89%
#3 Jacobson/Fiore KR Rabble Nissan 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Randle Tickford Bottle O Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/Caruso Tickford Monster Energy Ford 0 0%
#7 Heimgartner/Fullwood KR Plus Fitness Nissan 1 1.89%
#8 Percat/Blanchard BJR BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus Penrite Holden 5 9.43%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP Shell Ford 0 0%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR Freightliner Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Castrol Nissan 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP Shell Ford 12 22.64%
#18 Winterbottom/Richards Team18 Irwin Holden 0 0%
#19 LeBrocq/Webb Tekno Truck Assist Holden 0 0%
#21 Jones/Canto BJR CoolDrive Holden 1 1.89%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WAU Mobil1 Holden 0 0%
#23 Davison/Davison 23Red Milwaulkee Ford 1 1.89%
#27 Hinchcliffe/Rossi WAU Napa Auto Parts Holden 0 0%
#33 Stanaway/Pither GRM Boost Mobile Holden 1 1.89%
#34 Golding/Muscat GRM Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#35 Hazelwood/Smith MSR SP Tools Holden 1 1.89%
#55 Mostert/Moffat Tickford SuperCheap Auto Ford 2 3.77%
#56 Kostecki/Kostecki KBR Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/Rullo KR Harvey Norman Nissan 1 1.89%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander RBHRT Red Bull Holden 14 26.42%
#99 de Pasquale/Brown Erebus Penrite Holden 1 1.89%
#111 Evans/Van Der Drift TKR TKR Holden (SCRATCHED) 2 3.77%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes RBHRT Red Bull Holden 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Oct 2019, 21:34 (Ref:3932333)   #101
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Nobody cares about the soap opera sideshow here.

Punters only drag this crap out, when they're looking for someone or something to blame, when their hero doesn't win. It's just sport. Someone has to win, and the rest don't.
It's not your role to be the thought police.

Punters are stakeholders in the whole circus, and as such are entitled to their opinions - and there has been more than enough wrong ones expressed here regarding the Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Not a good look when it's your own customers making the allegations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Indeed not.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 00:05 (Ref:3932345)   #102
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In thirty years time will we have retro liveries of today's retro liveries?

Old paintjobs are old paintjobs for a reason. If they were any good teams would still be using them in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
At work last week I had to explain on at least three occasions that Bathurst wasn't on this weekend. One colleague even got the whole TOCA / Supercar war explained to him because he didn't understand.

Even twenty years later the average Joe remains confused.

As to the hype, long gone are the days of colour lift-outs in newspapers, every TV channel sending their reporters to do colour stories and overseas drivers being interviewed on chat shows.
Plenty of people i know still get surprised when told Bathurst isn't on the long weekend too... you'd think after this being the 19th year on the second October weekend, some sort of 'tradition' would have been formed.

There has been no tradition to this Bathurst event since it was formed in 1997 though, all they do is steal another Bathurst event's history and tradition.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 00:39 (Ref:3932354)   #103
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If memory serves me correctly Procar had the weekend of the NSW long weekend booked for their event, Supercars starts, can't get that weekend so goes the weekend after, of course we all know what happened to Procar.

I think it was Procar - but I do stand corrected
Old 7 Oct 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3932356)   #104
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Not a good look when it's your own customers making the allegations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
"insiders believe" is New Idea level journalism speak. Was Shane sporting a Baby Bump?

Pukekohe is one of those places certain guys shine. Shane has won there before.

Also as far as 888 having more information than any other team. That part actually has to be true. Unlike all the other Holdens, 888 funded and therefore own the data, and make back their costs and a profit by selling parts to every other team. Prior Holden funded it for all teams to use.

Does this mean there is secret data that is critical? It is unlikely. 888 customer cars have ways gone well. Unlike Tickford or Penske.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 01:12 (Ref:3932358)   #105
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
What about one LEVI, one CHILLI sticker?
You couldn't do that David Reynolds would give a shout out to the cars on every tv interview!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 01:36 (Ref:3932360)   #106
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
888 customer cars have ways gone well. Unlike Tickford or Penske.

Like Team 18 for instance?
Old 7 Oct 2019, 04:04 (Ref:3932370)   #107
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Like Team 18 for instance?
Funny you mention it because Team 18 did win the championship.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 04:18 (Ref:3932372)   #108
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Funny you mention it because Team 18 did win the championship.
No they didn't. You are most probably thinking of DJR in 2010, when they owned the #18 license.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 04:35 (Ref:3932373)   #109
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which was a T8 customer car
Old 7 Oct 2019, 04:44 (Ref:3932374)   #110
Forda
Veteran

The question is how well is the 888 customer car going this year, with Team 18.

Not how well it went under DJR.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 06:35 (Ref:3932383)   #111
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
‘Does this mean there is secret data that is critical? It is unlikely. 888 customer cars have ways gone well. Unlike Tickford or Penske.’

No mention of this year only so I’ll wait patiently for your apology.

Let’s also mention Tekno won Bathurst as a T8 customer car.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3932429)   #112
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy400 View Post
‘Does this mean there is secret data that is critical? It is unlikely. 888 customer cars have ways gone well. Unlike Tickford or Penske.’

No mention of this year only so I’ll wait patiently for your apology.

Let’s also mention Tekno won Bathurst as a T8 customer car.
Which customer car of Penske are you talking about?
Old 7 Oct 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3932436)   #113
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Which customer car of Penske are you talking about?
Bettenhausen
Old 7 Oct 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3932450)   #114
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSR's ex-DJRTP car was so good they parked it...

Winterbottom has taken a pole and a couple of 4th places. Hardly had a terrible season.

But all that is a reflection of the different business models of Penske Vs 888.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3932457)   #115
Forda
Veteran

Lol - Frosty was going to win the championship when he switched to Team 18.

He's currently running 13th...
Old 7 Oct 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3932468)   #116
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
He's currently running 13th...
Still, less of a disappointment than Fabian Coulthard....
Old 7 Oct 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3932545)   #117
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
If memory serves me correctly Procar had the weekend of the NSW long weekend booked for their event, Supercars starts, can't get that weekend so goes the weekend after, of course we all know what happened to Procar.

I think it was Procar - but I do stand corrected

When Supercars started and decided they didn't want to compete in the traditional long weekend Bathurst 1000 in 1997 and started their own seperate 1000km race at Bathurst it was two weeks after the long weekend the first year. It then went to November for three years, then from 2001 (after the original 1000 had died) it went to the current weekend after the long weekend.

PROCAR didn't start doing standalone events until 2001, and their Bathurst events only ran in November 2002 and 2003, they had nothing to do with any 1000s
Old 7 Oct 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3932548)   #118
Mixer
Veteran

So with Sandown gone and straight into Bathurst I suspect some highly fancied competitors will be caught up in pit or procedural drama, or a crash caused by wrong brake bias or bars after a stop.

It seems all the money is on #97/888/17 to win...

#97 and #888 would have to be some of the outright strongest pairings seen since the rule to split main drivers, but with the strength of both comes the reality that they will have to swap strategy or one gets to double stack.

Given how fast the #12 car actually is, the fact that not one person here has picked the car as a chance tells you that there will not be a problem with #17 having to double stack...

Thanks Rubens, I mean Fabian.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3932549)   #119
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
What has Fabs got to do with mid-pack running 888 customer cars, which you stated "always go well"?
Old 7 Oct 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3932556)   #120
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Came to this thread, ready to enjoy & discuss - then realised that I don't have a handbag so the tit-for-tat nonsense simply doesn't appeal.

Passion is a great thing but do you lot think that we could park at least the point-scoring, meaningless back & forth about "my team's better, your team sucks" for a while at least?

With no leadup 500km race this year and recent parity adjustments, to me the form book is wide open for this one. I expect that the current quick cars/teams/drivers will be quick but how co-drivers go, whether teams are error-free in pit lane, how teams manage fuel consumption compared to each other and of course tyres plus any impact from the safety car indicate a pretty wide-open race IMHO.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 22:37 (Ref:3932561)   #121
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Came to this thread, ready to enjoy & discuss - then realised that I don't have a handbag so the tit-for-tat nonsense simply doesn't appeal.

Passion is a great thing but do you lot think that we could park at least the point-scoring, meaningless back & forth about "my team's better, your team sucks" for a while at least?
Again you're underestimating the effect the knee-jerk, and at times underhanded, 'parity' adjustments have played out this year.
It seriously leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who have patiently endured 888's dominance for over a decade now.

To add further to the situation, 888's latest aero fiddlings have put other Holden teams, including their own customers, offside as well.

This simply cannot be glossed over; and race fans aren't swallowing all they're being fed.

Quote:
With no leadup 500km race this year and recent parity adjustments, to me the form book is wide open for this one. I expect that the current quick cars/teams/drivers will be quick but how co-drivers go, whether teams are error-free in pit lane, how teams manage fuel consumption compared to each other and of course tyres plus any impact from the safety car indicate a pretty wide-open race IMHO.
Would agree to some extent; and hope is there in that Bathurst can be an equaliser, insofar as there are many variables which can occur over 6 hours / 1000 kim's.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 02:31 (Ref:3932592)   #122
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Fabs has been running some development set-ups.
Old 8 Oct 2019, 04:40 (Ref:3932597)   #123
one five five
Veteran

Quote:

The whole event has been a political football to varying degrees for twenty years, at the instigation of the Supercars organisation themselves.

The whole "my teams better, your team sucks" is what the whole category was built on and is what used to be described as passion

Why throw all that aside in 2019 to apparently now "enjoy and discuss"?
Old 8 Oct 2019, 06:11 (Ref:3932601)   #124
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shades of Gough, "maintain the rage "

https://wwos.nine.com.au/motorsport/...c-fe05e4afddec
Old 8 Oct 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3932602)   #125
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The whole "my teams better, your team sucks" is what the whole category was built on and is what used to be described as passion

Why throw all that aside in 2019 to apparently now "enjoy and discuss"?
Nothing wrong with passion and taking a position on one team or another, I was referring to the ongoing ping-pong sniping back and forth on one point.