Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 15 May 2014, 22:28 (Ref:3406792)   #1
mjaremko
Rookie

United States
Spokane, Wa.
mjaremko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
March 73B-4 History

Hello,

Looking for some help on the history of my March 73B.

I purchased this car about two years ago, it was owned by John Hemmingston. He had the car restored while he lived in the Kansas area, after the resto the car sat for about 10 years. The chassis tag reads 75B-4, or so I thought until today when I was messing around on the computer and decided to take a very close look at the chassis tag magnified. Turns out what I thought was a 5 looks to be a 3 on the tag. It appears that someone along the way deliberately tried to make the 3 look like a 5, probably when the car was updated to 75/76 spec.

Also, when I had the roll hoop removed there were no #'s visible and what looked to be grind marks on one side??

The aluminum front bulkhead #'s are intact as you can see from the photo below, there is also a SCCA log book stamp on the roll hoop.

I have traced history on this car back to about 1980, mostly a club and vintage racer, wondering though if this tub had any Pro Series involvement as from what I can see from the race results from 1974 and 1975 there were not too many 73B's racing.

The photos display the #'s I have and the way the car looked when I purchased it

Any help would be greatly appreciated !! ;-)

Regards

Mark Jaremko
Attached Thumbnails
73B - 4 Chassis Tag.jpg   IMG_20130327_202037_972.jpg   75B FRONT.jpg  

ROLL HOOP NUMBER WHT CAR.jpg