Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:05 (Ref:267794)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alternative race outcomes

Here are a couple of alternative scenarios to two controversial races, both involving Schumacher:

ADELAIDE 1994
The roles are reversed, with Hill going off on lap 36 and Schumacher trying to overtake at the next corner.

JEREZ 1997
Both Villeneve and Schumacher are out of the race after their collision on lap 48.

I was just wondering what you think would have happened if the races had turned out this way. THIS IS NOT ANOTHER ANTI-SCHUMACHER THREAD!!!!!!
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:11 (Ref:267805)   #2
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think TGF would have been seen as more of a and less of a with that move at Jerez

havnt seen the 1994 race, only the incident so i dont really know the background stuff, from that one

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:16 (Ref:267814)   #3
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think any action would have been taken against Damon in 1994. It seemed like a genuine racing incident, just like Silverstone and Monza a year later
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:24 (Ref:267825)   #4
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I mean in regard to Jerez 1997 is:
If the above senario happened, Schumacher would be provisionally world champion because Villeneve would be out too. Baring in mind that Adelaide 1994 was classed as a racing incident, would Jerez 1997 have been classed as a racing incident too had the alternative senario happened?
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:30 (Ref:267842)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#1: Are you assuming Hill would try the same move? In that case, Hill is suspended for half the next season, if he doesn't lose his Super Liscense altogether. I doubt he would have done something as ludicrous.

#2: The fight of a lifetime ensues as Villeneuve vaults from his car, drops his helmet and tries to beat the living **** out of Schumacher. As a result, Schumacher retains his points and the championship. Both begin the following season under suspension. Villeneuve's career only lasts a few more seasons before he returns to CART.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:40 (Ref:267853)   #6
Lee Janotta
Veteran

#1: Are you assuming Hill would try the same move? In that case, Hill is suspended for half the next season, if he doesn't lose his Super Liscense altogether. I doubt he would have done something as ludicrous.

#2: The fight of a lifetime ensues as Villeneuve vaults from his car, drops his helmet and tries to beat the living **** out of Schumacher. As a result, Schumacher retains his points and the championship. Both begin the following season under suspension. Villeneuve's career only lasts a few more seasons before he returns to CART.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:52 (Ref:267864)   #7
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jerez '97- interesting...if that happened, would TGF still be alive today?
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 22 Apr 2002, 20:56 (Ref:267869)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Not likely. He would never have left the following year's Canadian GP in one piece.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 21:26 (Ref:267896)   #9
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lee Janotta

Villeneuve vaults from his car, drops his helmet and tries to beat the living **** out of Schumacher."

I just laughed so hard that I spit coffee all over my moniter. I hope you're happy dammit.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 22:11 (Ref:267932)   #10
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adelaid 94, TGF passes Hill and wins the championship cleanly.

Jerez 97. TGF claims the championship after successfully taking out JV and no actions are taken to punish him because he got away with it.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 22:25 (Ref:267944)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting. What would the FIA have done had Schumacher taken Villeneuve out? Would they have still negated all of his points and handed the championship to Jacques? I think not. At the time, with Schumacher sitting in the sand, and Villeneuve finishing the race and scoring the points, the negation of Schumacher's points was the easiest thing to do. But what if they had both scored DNF's? Would the same action have been taken? I think not. Bernie would have seen it as a "racing incident" and the Ferrari would have been World Champion.
Old 22 Apr 2002, 22:41 (Ref:267958)   #12
Dr. Austin
Veteran

94? Hill hits the wall and pulls to a safe stop out of anyone's way. He makes a really big effort to get off the circuit because he knows TFG is close behind and he doesn't want to take him out with a stupid mistake. That would be really unsporting and not Hill's way at all.

He runs to the pits as fast as he can so he can be the first to embrace the new champion and offer his sincere congradulations.

97 Schumacher takes JV out and wins the title. While they are both in the sand trap, JV walks up to Schumacher and kicks him in the nuts. Five times.

And the crowd goes wild.......
Old 23 Apr 2002, 02:04 (Ref:268016)   #13
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Austin
I just laughed so hard that I spit coffee all over my moniter. I hope you're happy dammit.
Yes, yes I am. At last my plan is coming to fruition!

Now anybody know where I can find a hundred gallons of cottage cheeze, a helicopter, and directions to Bernie's mansion?

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 23 Apr 2002 at 02:07.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 02:40 (Ref:268027)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Ferrari Inthusiast Association have given Villenueve the 1997 title???

Nope.

Austin has summed it up well, much as I dislike his views on CART v IRL he has the characters of Schuey and Max Mosely down to a t.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 03:02 (Ref:268035)   #15
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by BootsOntheSide

much as I dislike his views on CART v IRL he has the characters of Schuey and Max Mosely down to a t. [/B]
Don't tell the guys on the Indycar forum, but I am really a CART fan too. I just love to tweak the people who come to the IRL forum to make trouble. It's just comedy and they walk right into it every time. But don't let any of them know or it will spoil the fun.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 04:01 (Ref:268059)   #16
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta

Yes, yes I am. At last my plan is coming to fruition!

Now anybody know where I can find a hundred gallons of cottage cheeze, a helicopter, and directions to Bernie's mansion?
You killed me.......I know have cramps...needed a good laugh.

Count me in for the cottage cheeze caper....

and please let it be Parmalat cottage cheeze....hehehe
Old 23 Apr 2002, 04:08 (Ref:268063)   #17
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
94? Hill hits the wall and pulls to a safe stop out of anyone's way. He makes a really big effort to get off the circuit because he knows TFG is close behind and he doesn't want to take him out with a stupid mistake. That would be really unsporting and not Hill's way at all.

He runs to the pits as fast as he can so he can be the first to embrace the new champion and offer his sincere congradulations.
Yeo I agree right on the button......but

as for '97

Jacques get out of his wrecked Williams, run to Schumacher, grabs him by the troath restles him to the ground and start to slam his head against the tarmac....the crowd goes wild.......

But he is slammed by a steward we all know and love (Naz) who filles a complaint.....MS is champion and JV has a 6 race suspension......
Old 23 Apr 2002, 06:23 (Ref:268101)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Villeneuve being a 'Villeneuve' would never have been out of the race - he borrows a crane off the marshall and dumps his car back on the track. Then jumps back in and drives off with only three wheels and still beats the lap record.

- Being such a sportsman he also gives the marshall a fiver to stick TGF back on the track so he can beat him again.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 06:34 (Ref:268105)   #19
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mariov

Jacques get out of his wrecked Williams, runs to Schumacher, grabs him by the throat wrestles him to the ground and starts to slam his head against the tarmac.."

Or, he kicks him in the nuts!!! Five times!!!

"..the crowd goes wild......."

I like this guy.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 08:31 (Ref:268175)   #20
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mariov

Jacques get out of his wrecked Williams, run to Schumacher, grabs him by the troath restles him to the ground and start to slam his head against the tarmac....the crowd goes wild.......
I'd have a hard time imagening someone of Villieneuve's size being capable of doing that. Isn't he only 5'6 or something like that.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 09:18 (Ref:268214)   #21
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Don't tell the guys on the Indycar forum, but I am really a CART fan too. I just love to tweak the people who come to the IRL forum to make trouble. It's just comedy and they walk right into it every time. But don't let any of them know or it will spoil the fun.
Good on ya Dr
I always enjoy reading your well thought out and literate posts!
It only fun in the end isn't it
But whats with the JV five times kick in the nuts ? why five?
why not no stopping until his boots fall apart or the stewards drag him off TGF
Old 23 Apr 2002, 10:16 (Ref:268250)   #22
Fluffster
Rookie

Fluffster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke

I'd have a hard time imagening someone of Villieneuve's size being capable of doing that. Isn't he only 5'6 or something like that.
Oh, pure unadulterated rage can fuel a small man a long way before he realizes that he isn't supposed to be able to do that at all.
Take it from me
Old 23 Apr 2002, 11:27 (Ref:268307)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO a boxing match between JV and TGF sounds like a mighty good idea.
Old 23 Apr 2002, 11:32 (Ref:268314)   #24
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately for all you Schumi-haters, I think the smart money would be on The German F***er in a straight fight! Perhaps a drinking competition - I know nothing of JV's or MS's prowess in that department, but JV looks like he knows how to enjoy himself, whereas being a "normal" person (or not) is just about Schumacher's only weakness it seems to me!
Old 23 Apr 2002, 15:15 (Ref:268509)   #25
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tanalised

"It only fun in the end isn't it"

Comedy is always toooo sweeeet! But you save the punch line for the end, so it is the most fun part for sure.

"But whats with the JV five times kick in the nuts ? why five? why not no stopping until his boots fall apart or the stewards drag him off TGF"

LOL, ROL, and PMP!!!!